Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

i was considering going into the AF Reserves since i have a degree and the job market is so tough. Is anyone in the Reserves and if so is it a good decision

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

With the job market the way it is a lot of us don't have a choice
30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

Coming from a military background, you sound misinformed.

As some one who is actually in the Air Force, I'd say the only real compromise I make is the fact that I have to shave everyday, wear a uniform to work, and the fact that I can't smoke weed. But yeah if your life style revolves around weed and facial hair, the AF might not be for you, micky ds have some good perks though. :/

As for spending time away from your family, how many of us truly want to be under our fam for our whole lives? The AF give you 30 days of paid leave a year. That along with my normal days off is more then enough IMO.

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

As some one who is actually in the Air Force, I'd say the only real compromise I make is the fact that I have to shave everyday, wear a uniform to work, and the fact that I can't smoke weed. But yeah if your life style revolves around weed and facial hair, the AF might not be for you, micky ds have some good perks though. :/

As for spending time away from your family, how many of us truly want to be under our fam for our whole lives? The AF give you 30 days of paid leave a year. That along with my normal days off is more then enough IMO.

Im 22 and also considering enlisting in the AF (most likely Reserves) because my main goal is to work in a major city as a Firefighter/Paramedic.  I wanted to know what my chances are or if any of you know of other options

Thanks

Im 22 and also considering enlisting in the AF (most likely Reserves) because my main goal is to work in a major city as a Firefighter/Paramedic.  I wanted to know what my chances are or if any of you know of other options

Thanks

been in almost two years... monday i go back to work for the first time since like second week of dec. ... all while getting paid. I dont mind it.

been in almost two years... monday i go back to work for the first time since like second week of dec. ... all while getting paid. I dont mind it.

Not in the airforce in the army but not long at all you can say fresh boots but the AF is a good deal so check it out last i heard was there was a waiting period

Not in the airforce in the army but not long at all you can say fresh boots but the AF is a good deal so check it out last i heard was there was a waiting period

ok my recruiter is definitely telling me theyre only processing special forces......looks like im gonna have to go TACP route.

My problems with the fitness test is the running....my 1.5 is like 14:30 and thats with a treadmill....whats the difference between a real track and tread? i need to be under 11:41

ok my recruiter is definitely telling me theyre only processing special forces......looks like im gonna have to go TACP route.

My problems with the fitness test is the running....my 1.5 is like 14:30 and thats with a treadmill....whats the difference between a real track and tread? i need to be under 11:41

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

30t6p3b.gif

How is that the only real compromise? The military dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. I  personally know many broken military families, what are you gonna do when your son is calling you from the USA because you're in South Korea or some Eastern country for years at a time handling their struggle?

I think a lot of people sacrifice the seemingly small and irrelevant things, and join the military just because it guarantees you a paycheck, while most of these people in the military are oblivious to the political nature and true implications of the military's functions.

Call me misinformed for seeing through our military institution. My dad did 20+ as a firefighter in the Air Force, as well as my granddad. My cousin was shot in the head in Nam'. The air force has provided me a life of comfort and thus misery, I don't owe this country a damn thing.

Keep in mind I'm not knocking anybody for EATING...I'm knocking the game from my perspective.

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

30t6p3b.gif

How is that the only real compromise? The military dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. I  personally know many broken military families, what are you gonna do when your son is calling you from the USA because you're in South Korea or some Eastern country for years at a time handling their struggle?

I think a lot of people sacrifice the seemingly small and irrelevant things, and join the military just because it guarantees you a paycheck, while most of these people in the military are oblivious to the political nature and true implications of the military's functions.

Call me misinformed for seeing through our military institution. My dad did 20+ as a firefighter in the Air Force, as well as my granddad. My cousin was shot in the head in Nam'. The air force has provided me a life of comfort and thus misery, I don't owe this country a damn thing.

Keep in mind I'm not knocking anybody for EATING...I'm knocking the game from my perspective.

Originally Posted by Kurt Like A Bawwsss

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Wow, you have to shave your facial hair?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Yes. 
indifferent.gif

It's just hair bro. Besides my high and tight looks good. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Rocking that goatee with no waiver
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
...my joint expired for a couple months now

Originally Posted by Kurt Like A Bawwsss

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Wow, you have to shave your facial hair?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Yes. 
indifferent.gif

It's just hair bro. Besides my high and tight looks good. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Rocking that goatee with no waiver
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
...my joint expired for a couple months now

Back
Top Bottom