Any NTers Tried INSANITY?

So i've been gaining some weight due to the cold winter season 
wink.gif
 and i'm about to start the Insanity program today.
Any NTers tried it before? I read people say it's the hardest thing they've ever done and that most people don't end up completing the program.

Let me know if what you thought of it, did you see great results, etc.

Yea I did it.  I had some good results.  I'm currently doing a hybrid of insanity and p90x.

before:
sick.gif
sick.gif

4104064785_20ea19e566.jpg

after: I did p90x first, then insanity to try and lean out.
6274657780_ab2fec2fa9.jpg

And this is now...still got more work to do:
6715954495_d37c9fcdc9.jpg

6715954239_5d27c5b6e3.jpg

I'm on week 3. 

I noticed my stamina has gotten a lot better and my clothes are a little looser. 

It's hard though. After the warm up/stretch, I am already sweating bullets and after the first couple days, my legs were in pain. 

Depends how good a shape you were before the program though. The holidays/eating binges put me in a slump so it was tough for me. I'm getting used to it though. 

Month 1 has sessions that are like 38-43 min. Average person burns about 400-600 cal. 

Month 2 has sessions that are about 59-80 min. Average person burns about 650-850 cal. 

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Yea I did it.  I had some good results.  I'm currently doing a hybrid of insanity and p90x.

before:
sick.gif
sick.gif

4104064785_20ea19e566.jpg

6274657780_ab2fec2fa9.jpg

6715954495_d37c9fcdc9.jpg

6715954239_5d27c5b6e3.jpg
oh wow. so you did all this through p90x & insanity? No weight lifting?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I got Hip-Hop Abs; it's the same dude that does it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are you serious?
Shaun T!

Insanity works. Dropped 20 lbs. in 3 months and that's after all the holiday eating & parties, SMH.

Yes, and its amazing! If you keep up with it you'll see amazing results. Its hard but definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by Azndood21

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

before:
sick.gif
sick.gif

oh wow. so you did all this through p90x & insanity? No weight lifting?
Yea.  I shattered my collar bone my second yr of college....
embarassed.gif
.  I developed crepitus in my left shoulder, and couldn't really bench.  So and a result of that, I relied heavily on calisthenics.

I purchased it in October and have yet to touch, definitely need to stop slacking.

For those who've done it, do you have to stick strictly to the diet plan it comes with? or can I use my own diet plan? (such as no fast food whatsoever, eating home cooked chicken cutlet and etc. and drinking only water?)

ahahah im about to do it right now.
im on week 5.

its a really good program [second time doing the first month] i just hate how repetitive it is

definitely helps to have a work out buddy and short term goals

i use my own diet plan and im seeing results

Good job, Roc. Very impressed seeing real world results rather than the one or two you'll see on youtube or on the commercials.
I've had p90x before and probably stuck to it for two weeks before being done with it.
I've downloaded the Insanity workouts and want to do it soon. I've got big things coming up in May/June (Graduation/getting engaged/going to Cancun) so I want to try and get my body in good shape before then. I'll probably be starting up in a few days (p90x) and then switch to insanity at some point.

Do you need more room to do insanity versus p90x? My ceilings are pretty damned low and I'm 6'2", so sometimes doing those plyo jumps have me banging my hands on the ceiling.

make sure you have good shoes before you attempt Insanity.

your knees are going to take a pounding; you're constantly jumping like 60% of the time.

i did p90x and lost a few weight but u really have to eat right to see better results.

Back
Top Bottom