Any of yall just take random trips/ travel by yourself?

I mean doing it with someone else would be cool, but I`m tired of the same routine of work/sleep/partying with the same people. I`m trying to see different things.

Been thinking about taking trips to random cities and maybe linking up with NT fam just to go out and crap and see things I wouldn't see normally.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go alone. Me and my friend just booked a hotel room and got tickets for the rangers vs canadiens game in Montreal, so we're going up there this weekend. It was just one of those moments where we said f it...lets go. It's about a 6 hr drive from where I live, so it will be a fun little road trip.

Originally Posted by useref15

I wouldn't go alone. Me and my friend just booked a hotel room and got tickets for the rangers vs canadiens game in Montreal, so we're going up there this weekend. It was just one of those moments where we said f it...lets go. It's about a 6 hr drive from where I live, so it will be a fun little road trip.

yea, lotta my friends are bums/crab though like say they down and then when its time to make a move dudes be on some "maaaaane i cant even mess with that right now" smh kneegrows

Sometimes I'll head into the city solo. I've never left the state alone, but every now and then I'll head off and just chill by myself.

It's definitely different from hanging out with friends. If you want to mix things up, give it a try. You see more things and it feels great. I feel like when I'm chilling with others we mess around all the time so we're not really taking the environment in. But when you're by yourself you really see a lot of cool things.

I do it all the time, have been to New York, California, Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, Jackson, Orlando, San Antonio, Chicago, quite a few places. Even when I do things with other people like our family reunions, I prefer to get there way before everyone else or stay way after. Being around other people is completely overrated. Just sign up for tripadvisor updates on some potential destinations you want to consider, check the airline sites whenever you have a minute and of course don't forget about priceline.com name your own price, which I use for killer deals all the time on flights, hotels, and cars.

I did it early this year and I had a blast. I went to San Fran alone and enjoyed it. It is cool to go with people at times but with that sometimes people may not want to do everything. You may want to check something out that they don't want to.

I went alone, got to check out the city and do pretty much everything I wanted to do. Didn't have to worry about no one complaining and messing up my trip.

Sometimes I'll randomly drive down to south beach (like 45min. Away from my house) by myself. It's very relaxing drive taking ocean drive the whole way there. Just chill down there for a while.

I have before and I definitely recommend it. When you take trips with people they get annoying after a while. It's nice to COMPLETELY get away.

Is this the same forum that makes threads about asking if going to the movies alone looked down upon?
laugh.gif

All the time since i turned 18. Hell I was planning to going to new orleans for the frank ocean show, but breaking up with my girl 3 weeks ago made me mad depressed. especially since i was going to with her to begin with. I was thinking about going alone but that drive is too long

houston and austin all the time, doe.

I've begun to. That one NTer traveling around America got me thinking planning one myself and then rest of the world.

Originally Posted by megatron

All the time since i turned 18. Hell I was planning to going to new orleans for the frank ocean show, but breaking up with my girl 3 weeks ago made me mad depressed. especially since i was going to with her to begin with. I was thinking about going alone but that drive is too long

houston and austin all the time, doe.

Orly?

i'd try it out if i had the money.

my dad used to travel by himself to Peru, Brazil, Isreal, Ethiopia, etc.  Wish I could do the same.

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd like to but it doesn't seem like a safe thing to do
QFT

But really, if you set up a semi-plan for what you're going to do to the place you're going don't worry yourself with all of those getting killed by a stranger. But mouse, as a female it's probably different so refer back to the link.

Thats the best way to learn a city. I use to go to SF all the time. Crash at friends houses and hit the city solo. Eventually I got a couple of girls down there and then it was on.

I go to the movies by myself a lot. I have no problem with it and enjoy it more. I also go to the city and just walk around. It's relaxing

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
yea, lotta my friends are bums/crab though like say they down and then when its time to make a move dudes be on some "maaaaane i cant even mess with that right now" smh kneegrows

Most of my friends do this. and then when i don't tell them i went somewhere, they be like "damnn mann why ain't you tell me?! i would have went!" 
tired.gif

I'm booking a cruise early next year and i'm just going to take my cousin because unlike my friends, she isn't a fronter

took a spontaneous trip during the middle of fall semester 2 years ago, i went to NYC by myself just for the weekend, and kicked it with my friend

just me and her, and she showed me the sights, the shops, the parties, the bars

it's just nice to get away from everything and everyone, just experience something completely different from the usual norm

highly recommended, maybe not completely dolo, but with one good friend is perfect imo

in september I flew out solo from cali to Boston to meet my cousin, dude took me to NY/philly & that whole trip was awesome, really different from my usual cali/broke friends/same old spots whatnot.

deff just get away from it all

Went to NYC twice by myself on a whim. Both trips were some of the most fun I've had even though I was by myself the majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom