Any of you live in Alaska or ever visted?

Wow! I was all into the story..lol..that's great though.I love the little things like that.Im 21 and i have a list of goals and places i wanna go, I guess you can say my bucket list.I also plan on joining the military in 2011 so once im settled i'll probably start traveling when im 23.Just seemed like everyone was hands on there.I really dont like fish either but i wouldnt mind going fishing and eating it.I saw the episode last week too,they were fishing and bears just came outta nowhere catching fish and all that good stuff.The scenery is beautiful, i wouldnt mind waking up to that everyday either.It really doesnt take alot to make me happy...like you said you were sitting on the deck drinking a beer and staring at the mountains...

Wow! I was all into the story..lol..that's great though.I love the little things like that.Im 21 and i have a list of goals and places i wanna go, I guess you can say my bucket list.I also plan on joining the military in 2011 so once im settled i'll probably start traveling when im 23.Just seemed like everyone was hands on there.I really dont like fish either but i wouldnt mind going fishing and eating it.I saw the episode last week too,they were fishing and bears just came outta nowhere catching fish and all that good stuff.The scenery is beautiful, i wouldnt mind waking up to that everyday either.It really doesnt take alot to make me happy...like you said you were sitting on the deck drinking a beer and staring at the mountains...

if u join the military (army preferably) ask for fort wainwright thats in alaska

if u join the military (army preferably) ask for fort wainwright thats in alaska

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Greatest rap group of all time hails from Alaska
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xavier

dont know if i wanna live there..i'll visit for sure though

Originally Posted by Xavier

dont know if i wanna live there..i'll visit for sure though

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Ok, so on my last day out there a couple of us were trying to figure out what to do...our two friends that lived there were down to take the people out there wherever, and a couple girls and a guy decided they wanted to go to a reindeer farm...I wasn't really feeling that so I asked them to drop me off in downtown Anchorage so I could walk around and check things out, I went to the mall, the museum, and then eventually ended up checking out some shops...as I'm checking out these shops I find a little store that had all unique old items that they would trade or sell, I ended up getting a mint condition Phillies box from the 1950s
pimp.gif
, but that is not what I wanted to say. I end up walking into the store next door, a fur trading post, I'm the only one looking around the store when I hear a older man with a somewhat raspy voice say "Hello son", I notice him sitting in a low rise chair behind the counter, reading a book with a bunch of papers in front of him...I notice behind him a wall covered in money from all around the world. He tells me I look like an northeastern, to which I replied "yeah actually, Rhode Island"...he immediately said "nice, the Providence area?"...I was shocked by this as the guy looked like part eskimo/native, I told him yes and we started chatting. He told me he was called "Old Jack" around these parts, and had been there his whole life, all over Alaska...one thing led to another and I asked him about the money on the wall - he told me it was money from every place he's visited in the world - over 115 places. He was able to tell me anything about any country he'd been too...he loved Prague, and he was dying to go to Kzyakastan (sp - but the place Borat is from) next. He said not the inner area of Kzyakstan but the outer areas - the mountains and all that. He really seemed into me, and we talked for a good hour, he talked to me about traveling and life. And *gulp* while I think about this he told me how the most important thing in life is to treat women well and always wear a condom with them, because if you don't, your life is essentially in their clean/unclean hands. Now that I remember this I feel sick to myself about having been raw dogging this chick I just met a month ago for the past few weeks. Anyways, the talk I had with this guy was just amazing...he gave me so much knowledge and I walked out of there just
embarassed.gif
stunned, when I met up with my friends again I couldn't stop talking about this guy...just one of those experiences you know (possibly) happened for a reason...I'd keep talking about what we talked about but there was so much it'd take forever...the most important part of the conversation though was the importance he kept putting on traveling and seeing this Earth while you can, that's stuck with me nearly every day since...he was a great guy, and I'd love to run into him again next time I'm in Anchorage...

yeah, and then he went home and jerked off to thoughts of your handshake.

Ok, so on my last day out there a couple of us were trying to figure out what to do...our two friends that lived there were down to take the people out there wherever, and a couple girls and a guy decided they wanted to go to a reindeer farm...I wasn't really feeling that so I asked them to drop me off in downtown Anchorage so I could walk around and check things out, I went to the mall, the museum, and then eventually ended up checking out some shops...as I'm checking out these shops I find a little store that had all unique old items that they would trade or sell, I ended up getting a mint condition Phillies box from the 1950s
pimp.gif
, but that is not what I wanted to say. I end up walking into the store next door, a fur trading post, I'm the only one looking around the store when I hear a older man with a somewhat raspy voice say "Hello son", I notice him sitting in a low rise chair behind the counter, reading a book with a bunch of papers in front of him...I notice behind him a wall covered in money from all around the world. He tells me I look like an northeastern, to which I replied "yeah actually, Rhode Island"...he immediately said "nice, the Providence area?"...I was shocked by this as the guy looked like part eskimo/native, I told him yes and we started chatting. He told me he was called "Old Jack" around these parts, and had been there his whole life, all over Alaska...one thing led to another and I asked him about the money on the wall - he told me it was money from every place he's visited in the world - over 115 places. He was able to tell me anything about any country he'd been too...he loved Prague, and he was dying to go to Kzyakastan (sp - but the place Borat is from) next. He said not the inner area of Kzyakstan but the outer areas - the mountains and all that. He really seemed into me, and we talked for a good hour, he talked to me about traveling and life. And *gulp* while I think about this he told me how the most important thing in life is to treat women well and always wear a condom with them, because if you don't, your life is essentially in their clean/unclean hands. Now that I remember this I feel sick to myself about having been raw dogging this chick I just met a month ago for the past few weeks. Anyways, the talk I had with this guy was just amazing...he gave me so much knowledge and I walked out of there just
embarassed.gif
stunned, when I met up with my friends again I couldn't stop talking about this guy...just one of those experiences you know (possibly) happened for a reason...I'd keep talking about what we talked about but there was so much it'd take forever...the most important part of the conversation though was the importance he kept putting on traveling and seeing this Earth while you can, that's stuck with me nearly every day since...he was a great guy, and I'd love to run into him again next time I'm in Anchorage...

I lived in Anchorage for 2.5 years. It was ok besides being cold as +*** during the winter. The summer was always
pimp.gif
though. Rarely ever cold and the sun stayed up all day. And surprisingly there are quite a few black people there.

I lived in Anchorage for 2.5 years. It was ok besides being cold as +*** during the winter. The summer was always
pimp.gif
though. Rarely ever cold and the sun stayed up all day. And surprisingly there are quite a few black people there.

Originally Posted by Blatant Disrespect

pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

roll.gif
re-reading what I said it does look a little
grin.gif
but at the same time
nerd.gif
that you thought of that

He was probably 80+ and legit eskimo/native though so god bless him if I had that type of effect on him,

I was more or less thinking of him as the dude Jeremiah Johnson came across when he first went out West

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

pimp.gif

^ yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention...not sure if I'd be able to stand the winter there from what I heard about them, but it was cool as hell being out there when it was light out 23 out of the 24 hours in the day

Originally Posted by Blatant Disrespect

pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

roll.gif
re-reading what I said it does look a little
grin.gif
but at the same time
nerd.gif
that you thought of that

He was probably 80+ and legit eskimo/native though so god bless him if I had that type of effect on him,

I was more or less thinking of him as the dude Jeremiah Johnson came across when he first went out West

pimp.gif

^ yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention...not sure if I'd be able to stand the winter there from what I heard about them, but it was cool as hell being out there when it was light out 23 out of the 24 hours in the day

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 black people

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 black people

Originally Posted by af1pops12

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 black people
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom