Any way to hook ipod into car stereo without tape deck/AUX?

Hey guys,
I have a 98 Accord and it has no tape deck, or an AUX channel that I could possibly plug my ipod into.

I'm pretty fed up with using an iTrip due to the static sometimes and was wondering if anybody else has found a solution to hook the ipod into the car stereo.

Thanks in advance

besides the itrip/ any other variation, i don't see a way besides getting a new deck

I also have the same problem. I'm driving a BMW and only have a CD player. Looks something like this:

5209763_8.jpg

Any suggestions? How much does an auxilary hook up usually cost from BMW?

If yall have any "Familly Dollar" or "Dollar Tree" stores in yall area.. Defitnely get the tape connections for $5 or less..

Good sound quality
pimp.gif

The iTrip, but the connection distorts the sound quality.

Get a new radio that has an aux output.

There is one that plugs into the cig lighter. That's what I use got it from radio shack

nvm. just read that you have an iTrip which is pretty much the same

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html

You can pick this up and plug into your headunit, ONLY if it's the stock headunit. I put one of these AUX adapters into my GF's TSX, and it works perfectly. (Different unit, but same concept)

You probably also have to pickup a "Y splitter RCA" that will go into a 3.5mm headphone jack so you can plug into your iPod and get sound.

Install isn't that hard on it, especially the 98 Accords. I had an 00 Accord Coupe, and you just gotta pop off the top and then unscrew two of the bottom screws holding the center panel in. (on the top of the cubby hole in front of the shift knob). There's one more screw at the top near the clock, and you have full access to the headunit.

You can find all this info on Google, but your best bet will be that aux adapter.

Back
Top Bottom