Anybody ever owned a Ball Python? vol. I want a new pet (PICS)

ball%20python.jpg

med_BallPythonRegius.jpg

I want to get a Ball Python. Anybody ever own one? Care to share any stories?

I want one but I don't want it to get bigger than a foot and a half or so. I want to be able to like wear it around my neck. I do NOT want a big snake chilling in my closet. I'd probably sell it when I feel it got too big...

ball%20python.jpg

med_BallPythonRegius.jpg

I want to get a Ball Python. Anybody ever own one? Care to share any stories?

I want one but I don't want it to get bigger than a foot and a half or so. I want to be able to like wear it around my neck. I do NOT want a big snake chilling in my closet. I'd probably sell it when I feel it got too big...

personally i could never own a snake, they just creep me out

first thing to come to mind lol
tom_green_road_trip_001.jpg

personally i could never own a snake, they just creep me out

first thing to come to mind lol
tom_green_road_trip_001.jpg

Easy to care for, but very finicky eaters.. will not like it around your neck, nor do they get big enough for it to look cool. They dont bite, and are good "show snakes".. ie your friends can hold them etc.

Easy to care for, but very finicky eaters.. will not like it around your neck, nor do they get big enough for it to look cool. They dont bite, and are good "show snakes".. ie your friends can hold them etc.

i had two, had to give them away because they were getting to big, plus my moms was shook because they escaped once, lulz.

i fed it pinkies, careful with small mice cause they can scratch back and hurt the snake. it will need a heat lamp or rock.

leave them alone when they're shedding their skin.

taking them out is no issue mine liked to coil around my arm and just chill.

i had two, had to give them away because they were getting to big, plus my moms was shook because they escaped once, lulz.

i fed it pinkies, careful with small mice cause they can scratch back and hurt the snake. it will need a heat lamp or rock.

leave them alone when they're shedding their skin.

taking them out is no issue mine liked to coil around my arm and just chill.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

Why not?

Why not?

I just know they keep finding pythons in South Florida because they get too big for their owners and they thrive in the humid, tropical climate.

I just know they keep finding pythons in South Florida because they get too big for their owners and they thrive in the humid, tropical climate.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Why not?
It stresses them.  They get uncomfortable very easily.. google for more info.. but theyre kinda skittish snakes.. on the inside, outwardly, theyre normal more or less.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Why not?
It stresses them.  They get uncomfortable very easily.. google for more info.. but theyre kinda skittish snakes.. on the inside, outwardly, theyre normal more or less.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Those are more likely to be burmese pythons, or other larger species of boa.  Ball's dont get overly large ..pause

There are quite a few good starter snakes, king snakes, rosy boas, milk etc.  Ball are probably the best hands down though.

If you have the space, check out Brazilian rainbow boa's.. very very good species to start with, and their more exotic/different from your standard pet shop snakes.

Those are more likely to be burmese pythons, or other larger species of boa.  Ball's dont get overly large ..pause

There are quite a few good starter snakes, king snakes, rosy boas, milk etc.  Ball are probably the best hands down though.

If you have the space, check out Brazilian rainbow boa's.. very very good species to start with, and their more exotic/different from your standard pet shop snakes.

Yo you should check out the green tree python. They are so sick. I never owned one but I had a friend who had one and it was so much fun to hold it. They are beautiful animals.

Yo you should check out the green tree python. They are so sick. I never owned one but I had a friend who had one and it was so much fun to hold it. They are beautiful animals.

Balls are shy they wont like being out too much. A snake that would be cool with that is a red tailed boa but they get bigger. Even a ball python will get 6ft as a female. Really no snakes stay 1.5 feet.

Balls are shy they wont like being out too much. A snake that would be cool with that is a red tailed boa but they get bigger. Even a ball python will get 6ft as a female. Really no snakes stay 1.5 feet.

I wouldn't say a brb is a good starter snake at all. They have strict conditions and they can be bitey.If you own a snake you will get bit though. My ball python has bitten me plenty. Its usually my fault though.Go on kingsnake.org bro

I wouldn't say a brb is a good starter snake at all. They have strict conditions and they can be bitey.If you own a snake you will get bit though. My ball python has bitten me plenty. Its usually my fault though.Go on kingsnake.org bro

Green tree's are too unpredictable for a beginner imo. He wont be able to relax with a Green tree around his neck, knowing that any sec it may strike him.
BRB's do have the humidity concerns, but they arent difficult to keep at all. Very active, beautiful and pleasant (usually) snake.

As MPLS said, check out kingsnake, and also http://www.monsterfishkee...ms/forumdisplay.php?f=25 there's actually a fresh ball python thread going. Very active forum.

Green tree's are too unpredictable for a beginner imo. He wont be able to relax with a Green tree around his neck, knowing that any sec it may strike him.
BRB's do have the humidity concerns, but they arent difficult to keep at all. Very active, beautiful and pleasant (usually) snake.

As MPLS said, check out kingsnake, and also http://www.monsterfishkee...ms/forumdisplay.php?f=25 there's actually a fresh ball python thread going. Very active forum.

i swear i want to get a snake so bad ... but i just cant stomach sending a mouse to his death with no chance of survival ... i think it's just too cruel ... maybe i can get the frozen ones but then i just look at it as this mouse was killed for no reason and had no chance of survival ... *shrugs*

i'll end up with a fish tank instead ... smh

Back
Top Bottom