Originally Posted by NycPosite

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

I just feel like I got dumped. Lol 3 connects told me they can't

def not a good look
I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
 I guess ill just head to 34th with money in hand like the old days and see whats good. but cant blame the connects with that wack *** limit

real life, that never fails I just hate doin it cause then the employees try to hold you hostage like your name is Elian and these aren't just shoes 
30t6p3b.gif
...I may be in the same boat tho but a dude i'm cool wit recently got a job in the new hoh so i may have to hit his jack tho im EXTREMELY hesitant to do so

I just feel like I got dumped. Lol 3 connects told me they can't

def not a good look
I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
 I guess ill just head to 34th with money in hand like the old days and see whats good. but cant blame the connects with that wack *** limit

real life, that never fails I just hate doin it cause then the employees try to hold you hostage like your name is Elian and these aren't just shoes 
30t6p3b.gif
...I may be in the same boat tho but a dude i'm cool wit recently got a job in the new hoh so i may have to hit his jack tho im EXTREMELY hesitant to do so

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it should be a petition on here for ijapino to chill on the suspensions for people trying to HELP other members on here out.

helping someone get a discount when it's more then likely local is not buying and selling. this is a community where we should be helping eachother, not hindering eachother when it comes to saving money.   just my 2 cents.  i don't wanna see anyone get suspended over something as petty as trying to get a hookup this weekend.
Not gonna happen.

Although you may think it's helping someone out, it still does nothing to prevent people for asking for a "lil more" or a "tip" since they so generously "hooked you up". Then comes the question of how much a "tip" or "shipping" should be. It also does nothing to prevent spam and most importantly, FRAUD.

You have to always remember, that there's always going to be room for fraudulent behavior when it comes to things like this. One person will have to have to buy an item and then turn around and sell it to someone else. The final price isn't the thing we're worried about. We could care less about that. One person's "hook up" price may be another person's "rip off".

After all is said and done, you can still hook people up and buy items from people willing to sell at discounted prices...All we ask is that you do it in the correct forum.

fair enough, but what would the correct forum be considered?  I made a thread in miscellanous with the title "Wanted Footlocker 50% Hookup This Weekend So Cal Only"  in the thread i specified that I only want to deal with people in my area since I don't want to worry about the hassle and wait of  shipping to me and to guarantee a quick smooth transaction and I specified the amount I was willing to pay for 2 items.

The thread hasn't got approved yet but would that be considered acceptable? My logic was that since we can't post it in here, and we can't post it in the regional sections, I would consider it something that would fall under the miscellanous category.

Either way people are going to post in here looking for a hook up, some intentionally  some unintentionally but the rules are rules and if they get suspended/banned for it  then that's on them.

Originally Posted by ijapino

it should be a petition on here for ijapino to chill on the suspensions for people trying to HELP other members on here out.

helping someone get a discount when it's more then likely local is not buying and selling. this is a community where we should be helping eachother, not hindering eachother when it comes to saving money.   just my 2 cents.  i don't wanna see anyone get suspended over something as petty as trying to get a hookup this weekend.
Not gonna happen.

Although you may think it's helping someone out, it still does nothing to prevent people for asking for a "lil more" or a "tip" since they so generously "hooked you up". Then comes the question of how much a "tip" or "shipping" should be. It also does nothing to prevent spam and most importantly, FRAUD.

You have to always remember, that there's always going to be room for fraudulent behavior when it comes to things like this. One person will have to have to buy an item and then turn around and sell it to someone else. The final price isn't the thing we're worried about. We could care less about that. One person's "hook up" price may be another person's "rip off".

After all is said and done, you can still hook people up and buy items from people willing to sell at discounted prices...All we ask is that you do it in the correct forum.

fair enough, but what would the correct forum be considered?  I made a thread in miscellanous with the title "Wanted Footlocker 50% Hookup This Weekend So Cal Only"  in the thread i specified that I only want to deal with people in my area since I don't want to worry about the hassle and wait of  shipping to me and to guarantee a quick smooth transaction and I specified the amount I was willing to pay for 2 items.

The thread hasn't got approved yet but would that be considered acceptable? My logic was that since we can't post it in here, and we can't post it in the regional sections, I would consider it something that would fall under the miscellanous category.

Either way people are going to post in here looking for a hook up, some intentionally  some unintentionally but the rules are rules and if they get suspended/banned for it  then that's on them.

def not a good look
I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It never ceases to amaze me how some employees act. honestly if i pull someone aside and come at them discretly and respectfully and explain the deal to em and they shut me down because they don't want to risk losing their job or they've already gone over their limit, I understand, it's no hard feelings and I respect where their coming from.  If an employee wants to get too greedy though then screw em, like you said it's just shoes and for as much as their helping me out, i'm helping them out. If i give them a $30 tip for a few pairs for shoes, that's about half a days pay for them if their a regular employee when you factor in taxes.

During a 50% this past summer, I went to an employee told him I knew the deal and that I wanted the get the 50%, he tried charging $25 per shoe, I just gave him the
indifferent.gif
and told him if I understand he's trying to get his money but if I was that desperate to save 20-25% I could just wait til a friends and family. When he was helping another customer, I approached some girl at the register told her the same thing I told the original employee I asked and she was cool with it and came through, she didn't even want a tip, I had to damn near make her take my money and the original employee I asked had the
mad.gif
frown.gif
look when he saw how I took care of her and took her to lunch in return for her services.

Some employees are comedy though, this past winter me and riverxbear from the boards went to house of hoops on 125th st and the footaction on 34st. I wanted to use his employee discount to get the 30% on some stuff. It's funny how the employees at both stores were excessivly helpful to us until it was time to pay. Once he whipped his most recent paystub out they tried giving him excuses as to why they couldn't give him the 30%. He held his ground and told them "This is how you treat employees from the company that are visiting from out of town" "What would your district manager say about this if I called him right now?" after that they gave him the discount at both spots, but it shouldn't have even gotten to where he would have to threaten to call corporate, they should've have just honored his stub since he was an employee at the time and not give no run around.

def not a good look
I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It never ceases to amaze me how some employees act. honestly if i pull someone aside and come at them discretly and respectfully and explain the deal to em and they shut me down because they don't want to risk losing their job or they've already gone over their limit, I understand, it's no hard feelings and I respect where their coming from.  If an employee wants to get too greedy though then screw em, like you said it's just shoes and for as much as their helping me out, i'm helping them out. If i give them a $30 tip for a few pairs for shoes, that's about half a days pay for them if their a regular employee when you factor in taxes.

During a 50% this past summer, I went to an employee told him I knew the deal and that I wanted the get the 50%, he tried charging $25 per shoe, I just gave him the
indifferent.gif
and told him if I understand he's trying to get his money but if I was that desperate to save 20-25% I could just wait til a friends and family. When he was helping another customer, I approached some girl at the register told her the same thing I told the original employee I asked and she was cool with it and came through, she didn't even want a tip, I had to damn near make her take my money and the original employee I asked had the
mad.gif
frown.gif
look when he saw how I took care of her and took her to lunch in return for her services.

Some employees are comedy though, this past winter me and riverxbear from the boards went to house of hoops on 125th st and the footaction on 34st. I wanted to use his employee discount to get the 30% on some stuff. It's funny how the employees at both stores were excessivly helpful to us until it was time to pay. Once he whipped his most recent paystub out they tried giving him excuses as to why they couldn't give him the 30%. He held his ground and told them "This is how you treat employees from the company that are visiting from out of town" "What would your district manager say about this if I called him right now?" after that they gave him the discount at both spots, but it shouldn't have even gotten to where he would have to threaten to call corporate, they should've have just honored his stub since he was an employee at the time and not give no run around.

I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

they def are a trip tho...same thing happened to me when tryin to rundown on the 333/xx pack a while back on the 50...i ask shorty at the FA on 34th she goes "they not on the 50 i can only give you 30% + my fee"...in my head im like you already tryin to beat me for $60 with that lie now you want to add a fee on top?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
....so i leave then son at the now defunct 34th footlocker hit me with the "i sell my discount $30 a pair..." i'm like seriously?
indifferent.gif
...i just waited for my boy to get off work and he got them for me on his 50...i understand nothing is free in this world, but c'mon they wildin...tryin to make ends me by sellin your discount? thats od...even if the employee aint ask for nuttin in return, i'd still hit em off with something just for the good look...by beasting they just jamming themselves up

I know
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

they def are a trip tho...same thing happened to me when tryin to rundown on the 333/xx pack a while back on the 50...i ask shorty at the FA on 34th she goes "they not on the 50 i can only give you 30% + my fee"...in my head im like you already tryin to beat me for $60 with that lie now you want to add a fee on top?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
....so i leave then son at the now defunct 34th footlocker hit me with the "i sell my discount $30 a pair..." i'm like seriously?
indifferent.gif
...i just waited for my boy to get off work and he got them for me on his 50...i understand nothing is free in this world, but c'mon they wildin...tryin to make ends me by sellin your discount? thats od...even if the employee aint ask for nuttin in return, i'd still hit em off with something just for the good look...by beasting they just jamming themselves up

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

pretty much, their hustling backwards. what they want at times isn't worth the hassle.  it is what it is though.  i wouldn't be suprised if secret shoppers or what not  try to ask employees about getting the 50% at bigger spots in the city and those employees getting fired, and employees getting in trouble for stuff this weekend.  the first 50% in about 4 months  i can sense thirstiness in the air this weekend.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

pretty much, their hustling backwards. what they want at times isn't worth the hassle.  it is what it is though.  i wouldn't be suprised if secret shoppers or what not  try to ask employees about getting the 50% at bigger spots in the city and those employees getting fired, and employees getting in trouble for stuff this weekend.  the first 50% in about 4 months  i can sense thirstiness in the air this weekend.

you wanna talk about thirst....

one mall i went to yesterday ppl were talking about $25 per shoe for the 50 3 pairs max...

i was like...
128874496505848355.jpg

then i was like...this is a better deal...

and i dont gotta deal with your humiliation and i still got my pride...

$100-50%= $50 + tax + $25 tip...that's about 25% off...with that coupon i can save my self the hassle for 5% less...i still get my kicks you get no tip...
tumblr_lhk8z0yfIw1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

one mall i went to yesterday ppl were talking about $25 per shoe for the 50 3 pairs max...

i was like...
128874496505848355.jpg

$100-50%= $50 + tax + $25 tip...that's about 25% off...with that coupon i can save my self the hassle for 5% less...i still get my kicks you get no tip...
tumblr_lhk8z0yfIw1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

Ya ain't never lie. Few years back dude tried to charge me $25 a pair even after I told him I need about 9 pairs of kicks. I was like you bugging when most of the kicks were pre school size. When I was leaving ftl on 34th some dude stop me and was like I see you up in here all the time I got. He ended up letting me use his whole 50 and wouldnt take a dime from me. I ended up coming thru a few days later with about 3k worth of cut & sew blazers and button ups for him ( free from working in the show room at the time). The first guy was mad as hell lol. This connect came thru for about a good 3 years even got me a pair of autographed kobes when he was on 34st. Some people don't understand the one hand wash the other concept. Most employees are looking for the quick come up not knowing I'm looking for the hook up for the long hual. You got me and I'll make sure your good

Ya ain't never lie. Few years back dude tried to charge me $25 a pair even after I told him I need about 9 pairs of kicks. I was like you bugging when most of the kicks were pre school size. When I was leaving ftl on 34th some dude stop me and was like I see you up in here all the time I got. He ended up letting me use his whole 50 and wouldnt take a dime from me. I ended up coming thru a few days later with about 3k worth of cut & sew blazers and button ups for him ( free from working in the show room at the time). The first guy was mad as hell lol. This connect came thru for about a good 3 years even got me a pair of autographed kobes when he was on 34st. Some people don't understand the one hand wash the other concept. Most employees are looking for the quick come up not knowing I'm looking for the hook up for the long hual. You got me and I'll make sure your good

truth spoken right there,  i much prefer establishing solid connects then jumping from person to person.

to me when i worked retail and would hook people up, my mindset was quality over quanity in terms of people i would deal with.   looking for the quick come up customer is how you get caught up and fired, because most of the time those customers are the ones that could care less about anything except getting adiscount, those are they type that burn the spot and don't care if they make things hot for you because all they want is that discount.

truth spoken right there,  i much prefer establishing solid connects then jumping from person to person.

to me when i worked retail and would hook people up, my mindset was quality over quanity in terms of people i would deal with.   looking for the quick come up customer is how you get caught up and fired, because most of the time those customers are the ones that could care less about anything except getting adiscount, those are they type that burn the spot and don't care if they make things hot for you because all they want is that discount.

its funny, i bet it i said i worked at footlocker, i would get 20+ messages for hookups. I totally agree with the solid hookups. You do something good for me i try to top that off by doing something good for you.
edit: does anyone have the full exclusion list, i saw a few pages back that the jordan 7s, foams, and air max 2011s are excluded. anything else?

its funny, i bet it i said i worked at footlocker, i would get 20+ messages for hookups. I totally agree with the solid hookups. You do something good for me i try to top that off by doing something good for you.
edit: does anyone have the full exclusion list, i saw a few pages back that the jordan 7s, foams, and air max 2011s are excluded. anything else?

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

@mauriciogarcia, the bordeaux's are coming out in 2 weeks and the 50% off is this week so i dont know why your mad at all lol

yeah that means no discount for the bordeaux

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

@mauriciogarcia, the bordeaux's are coming out in 2 weeks and the 50% off is this week so i dont know why your mad at all lol

yeah that means no discount for the bordeaux

Wait.....you CAN get foams? I like that 2 of each rule......In that Case I'm a put on a full-court press for some pewters!!!
pimp.gif

If i have to give ol girl the D for it.......So be it!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wait.....you CAN get foams? I like that 2 of each rule......In that Case I'm a put on a full-court press for some pewters!!!
pimp.gif

If i have to give ol girl the D for it.......So be it!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

i was like...

Sup I see what you're saying but I gotta disagree my man. See most of the stuff dudes is trying to get on the 50 aint $100 kicks.  You and I both know if it was only 100 most dudes would have bought it by then anyways. Dudes try to get stuff like $200 foams for 100 then have a problem shelling out 20-25 bucks as a tip which is crazy when u look at the fact that someone just gave you 75 bucks off a shoe. Honestly I have never asked for those high priced tips cause 9/10 I only look out for dudes I know anyways, but still it could be worse.

I have seen footlocker dudes do much worse during the 50 (u can DM me if u want stories I won't even risk putting it on the boards).

And to the dudes complaining what many of ya'll fail to realize is that you don't work for the company. If someone hits you over the head for the discount either move around and hit someone else or just pay the person. Ya'll don't know them dudes lives. Honestly FTL is a horrible company to work for most of the time and the perks are only getting smaller for employees. At this point I can honestly understand why these dudes would charge 20 a box they can only get like 4-6 really nice shoes (mens sizes) on this 50 why waste that on someone you don't know, especailly when you could potentially lose your job for it
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom