Anybody mess with prepaid phones?

i need an extra line ASAP

I NEED calls and text, don't need web or data.
I WANT a touch screen android type  phone or a black berry simply for the keyboards they have

anything you recommend?
att? verizon? boost?

also another very important question
is it easy to change my number or get a new number on the pre paid phone if i need to?

nerd.gif

thanks

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I WANT a touch screen android type  phone or a black berry simply for the keyboards they have

anything you recommend?
att? verizon? boost?

is it easy to change my number or get a new number on the pre paid phone if i need to?

nerd.gif

thanks

just get the DATA plan for 30 unlimited and use google voice to make calls and text

I'm with Straight Talk. But since you said extra line, you can just use Google Voice on your current phone. But if you need or want a new device I'd go with Slade's advice.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

anything you recommend?
att? verizon? boost?

nerd.gif

thanks

just get the DATA plan for 30 unlimited and use google voice to make calls and text
that's what i'm using now, but you can only change your number 1 once every 3 months...

that's not gonna work for me.

any body have experience with tmobile or att?
getting a new sim card will basically be a new number right?

Originally Posted by skills

I'm with Straight Talk. But since you said extra line, you can just use Google Voice on your current phone. But if you need or want a new device I'd go with Slade's advice.

how is straight talk? i keep seeing ads for that
nerd.gif

is it easy as getting a new sim to get a new number?

(@^& I hated these phones
30t6p3b.gif
But they can come in handy when you're in a small town whose highest technological advancements are paved roads.

They're service is not as good as Alltel (Previous Carrier). But I heard they just use AT&T & Verizon towers, depending on the type of phone you get. Verizon doesn't use Sims. But I mean considering the fact that you're not under contract you can keep making accounts each month to change your number? I have no experience with changing numbers with Straight Talk though.

I had Virgin Mobile and you could just log in to your account and click "change number". You could do it once every 24 hours I believe..

Edit - I just went to their site and as of Feb, they started charging a $10 fee each time you change your number. You can still change it every 24 hours though...

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

I had Virgin Mobile and you could just log in to your account and click "change number". You could do it once every 24 hours I believe..

Edit - I just went to their site and as of Feb, they started charging a $10 fee each time you change your number. You can still change it every 24 hours though...

word??? thanks for the heads up, i might have to get that then.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

word??? thanks for the heads up, i might have to get that then.

When I had them, they were actually a pretty good service. I had a blackberry type phone and paid $43.50 per month (with tax) and got something like 1500 minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texts. They have since raised the price on their packages, but I believe the pack I had is still ~$50/month. You can add money on the side for other things, in your case, changing your number..

Pre-paid is working good for me. I used to have an old iphone with a $70+ plan. I now have an LG Optimus V with a $50 plan through Net 10 and have unlimited minutes, text, and data .

Originally Posted by MMG

trap phone

or

cheater phone
Gotta one or the other, possibly even a stalker phone 
laugh.gif

Like nah man changing my # once every 3 months doesn't work for me 
roll.gif

All jokes aside though what you need it for if you don't mind me asking

Simple Mobile is what I use now. $40 a month, uses T-Mobile towers and any GSM phone, unlimited talk,text3g data

Back
Top Bottom