Anybody on that Wu-Tang: An American Saga??? Vol. Wu Wednesdays on Hulu

I'm surprised there's not a thread..

I don't know how accurate it is, but its pretty good. The kid they got to play ODB killed it! Dude IS Ol Dirty! :wow: :pimp:.

Its crazy how intertwined all those dudes were. Idk how I feel about Dave East as Method Man. He sounds like him rapping but, its UNDOUBTLY Dave when he talks. They constantly teasing Raekwon and Ghostface rapping. :lol:

Last edited:
Watching first epi now. This is really good.

ODB :lol: wow. Spot on

Cant tell who the guy is thats always with ODB tho

Last edited:
Yessir! Pleasant surprise. I didnt think it would be good with all these episodes but they're legit.

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_111942_401.jpg
    IMG_20190905_111942_401.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 465
I admit to not knowing much of Wu’s backstory so I don’t know how much of this is actually true but enjoying it very much so far. Gonna watch the Showtime doc after the season is over.

Was ODB wearing white/blk '97 uptempos in the latest episode?

Yeah that one slipped through the cracks.

I don't care for the actor playing GZA but I like the Cold Chillin' scenes. I want to see more cameos like that. Young Steve Rifkind also looked mad autistic, bless his heart.

Wu Wednesday!

I see the little nod to QT. Who was the basketball player that met Bobby? :wow: at the Q93 sighting! :lol: at them not really showing Naughty by Nature.

Wu Wednesday!

I see the little nod to QT. Who was the basketball player that met Bobby? :wow: at the Q93 sighting! :lol: at them not really showing Naughty by Nature.

My guess is Kenny Smith. He played for Houston, participated in slam dunk contests and he's from Lefrak City, Queens.

I liked the Just Ice scene. Show needs more ODB.

Last edited:
I finished the first season and its been cool so far. I'm not feeling the dude playing Ghostface. To me he doesn't fit and it seems like he's trying too hard.

My problem with the kid playing RZA is that he's playing him like he's shy. All that early Wu footage made RZA seem charismatic not to mention the dude was the leader. He had to out Alpha the Alphas. This kid looks like he can't finish placing a Starbucks order without crying.

I finished the first season and I enjoyed it, but seeing Top Boy just before kinda ruined this show for me. It has moments where it's dull and the acting is off sometimes.

My problem with the kid playing RZA is that he's playing him like he's shy. All that early Wu footage made RZA seem charismatic not to mention the dude was the leader. He had to out Alpha the Alphas. This kid looks like he can't finish placing a Starbucks order without crying.

That's him.

In every. ****ing. movie. he's in. It's like they're hiring him and telling him to "just be yourself". I swear he has the same exact demeanor 100% of time.

Just finished up all 8 episodes. The show is decent so far. I feel like the guys playing Method Man & Ghostface are the only two that actually look like the real people. Just like somebody said above, the guy playing RZA is overacting. Dude looks like he's going to run out of breath after every single sentence. Then he's constantly doing the same hand gestures while talking.

Ha. Idk maybe it’s just me but David East is David East until he starts rapping like Method Man. :lol: The guy playing Ghostface KINDA looks like Ghost, but he looks a bit too much like Lloyd Banks IMO. Yea the guy who plays RZA is pretty much the same character he played in Equalizer 2. His jerky head bob was driving me crazy the first few episodes. Who bobs their head like that??

The show is pretty good.

I'm surprised that they worked together. I can't work with a dude that shot up my house with my brothers and mom in it.

Back
Top Bottom