Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

maldonado maldonado damn thats that sssp. If that ssp acuna bat down was 1 card per case and difficult to pull, image how hard it would be trying to pull this card haha....Mookie has a sssp too. My boxes got delivered today but I'm in Santa Barbara for the week lol
How do you know what’s a sp for Topps?

How do you know what’s a sp for Topps?

Google, 2020 Topps Series 2 SP, there's a great site that has a breakdown.

I pulled the SP Boegarts. But that's not too rare, SSP-SSSP is where the rarity is.

The SN's on the bottom are key. Mine is the 015. 016 and 017 are the SSP's.

SSP, SSSP, SSSSP

Sounds like DBZ to me lol. No real way to know a print run if it’s not numbered though?

Broke a box of Fast Break Mosaic. Got a gold.

Of Lonzo. Oh well could have been worse.

the thing about those number cards is there has been duplicates of it. Like if a card is 04/25 here has been duplicates of that same exact 04/25 number card. Someone post those cards years back on one of the forums. Might be blowout but can't remember

Yeah i wouldnt always trust those numbers. Topps recently sent me, and others, extra p2020 cards that were never ordered. Ive wondered if those cards are in the PRs or not. :lol:

damn thats wild.

speaking of which, watched this "1/1" pulled last night
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 11.04.46 AM.png

such a dope looking card, KD in black uni on black 1/1

this Pullkingz dude be hittin so much fire but they open stupid amount of wax lol prices are so damn crazy on this stuff..

I really like the Select hybrid boxes, anybody know what retail was supposed to be on those? After market cost is a $500 L

Last edited:
Select is on fire right now.

Hobby/hybrid/FOTL/Tmall going for ridiculous amounts so that’s driving the “breaks” combined with no retail. So many variations though with base/concourse/courtside etc then add in all the color and die cuts.

I’ve been on Select heavy lately as well.
Mainly been scooping up Kawhi Leonard’s ‘19 silver concourse and premiers. Those in addition to Paul George Optic Holos and Lebrons 2019 Prizm are the only cards I’ve been buying as of late. Everything else has ballooned to a point that I’m not interested in right now.

Me too. Ive been scoopin Select but really tryna find the Select Courtside and Field Level football equivalent stuff. A lot harder to find though, which I like. Def wayyyy less print than prizm. Getting pricy too.

I just grabbed some dope McCaffrey Select Field Level rookies for a good deal. Almost pulled the trigger on a Luka Courtside yesterday. Card was flawless except for a tiny pinhole imprint on the surface. .

Last edited:
I know Prizm is the money maker but Select> in terms of value and design.

Agreed.

And for Select Concourse thats true but the Select Courtside Luka base, for example, is 2-3x the cost of the base Prizm Luka. I know they're more like inserts really. Literally was only 1 on ebay when I looked this morning. There's some of the color parallel versions out there

I also think longterm, because of the shorter print runs, these will be WAY more coveted then they currently are.

Last edited:
I’ve been on Select heavy lately as well.
Mainly been scooping up Kawhi Leonard’s ‘19 silver concourse and premiers. Those in addition to Paul George Optic Holos and Lebrons 2019 Prizm are the only cards I’ve been buying as of late. Everything else has ballooned to a point that I’m not interested in right now.

So your thinking about LA team takes it?

should load up on some harden 😉

Honestly I don’t think Imma wait that long to off load them lol...I like grabbing $15 dollar cards and flipping them once they hit that $30-35. Range. I will probably sell enough to get my money back and hold a few that I think are PSA worthy.

law of percentages. Take the positive.

where are you mainly buying/selling? eBay/PayPal takes so much of the profit off the top

law of percentages. Take the positive.

where are you mainly buying/selling? eBay/PayPal takes so much of the profit off the top

Yea basically anytime I can double my money that’s a win in my book. eBay is last resort for me, I usually try the Sports Card Investor discord first, then FB groups. I only like eBay if it’s a card I feel like I can get at least $100 for.

I actually have a lot of base rookies for Prizm, and Mosaic I’m going to be shipping off the StarStock this week to give them a shot.

Yea basically anytime I can double my money that’s a win in my book. eBay is last resort for me, I usually try the Sports Card Investor discord first, then FB groups. I only like eBay if it’s a card I feel like I can get at least $100 for.

I actually have a lot of base rookies for Prizm, and Mosaic I’m going to be shipping off the StarStock this week to give them a shot.
I’m in a couple FB groups but nothing solid yet.
I’ll look at starstock

I’m in a couple FB groups but nothing solid yet.
I’ll look at starstock

Yea no problem...it’s linked on this page. A lot of good buyers up there. Easy to move lots and sealed product there.

br0keballer br0keballer thanks brother, I scooped the Luka 9 for a hundo flat. they go for $150-$200 though, which I think is still solid based on what appear to be the shortest print runs from any of the brands. You might already know but this is the concourse, the premier is more and the courtside is the most expensive (and shortest print). Raw courtside Luka bases are between $700-$1k. Almost had one yesterday but passed because of a tiny surface issue. the colored parallels are expensive as ****.

theres one raw courtside on ebay, and this PSA 9 just popped up

and one silver courtside psa 10 lol

Id scoop concourse, premier or courtside though. all of em are solid pick ups

Back
Top Bottom