*** Anyone else have ‘weird’ neighbors??? ***

Not weird in any sort of cool way either.
please share your stories.

I’m weird, not much of a people person, but I think of it as common decency. Ya know, waving, smiling, saying hi. I personally hate small talk, so, on that front, I fall in line with most introverts.

the BM’s and our two children moved to the suburbs about two years ago. Typical, middle American, middle-class dwellings: cul-de-sacs, 3br, front yard, backyards throughout the neighborhood. Houses are maybe 10 yards apart.

our neighbors to the left of us, 60+ year old couple came and introduced them selves, brought brownies within the first week of us moving in. We wave, say hi, maybe chat at the mailbox or while taking the trash out. They also talk to the kids when they see them. Cool people.

however, our neighbors on the right: young, two children around the same age as ours. I used to wave, but after a handful of times of not even acknowledging my existence, I stopped. Same with my BM and her interactions, the husband has never looked her way. We’ve only seen the mother TWICE in the flesh in all of two years and have NEVER seen the kids, but we do hear them in the back yard playing, and maybe see the tops of their heads.

I’m tempted to find a reason to go knock on their door and bother them, but I’m afraid of that whole interaction. I’m not sure how I’m surprised they haven’t left the house in four months, but I just don’t see how it’s humanly possible to stay cooped up in the house, with young kids to boot.

am I living next to serial killers or nah?

Some people just don't want to interact with their neighbors; even a simple hi or wave. They're just there for the house. If there's no community activities or community network (HOA, Nextdoor app, FB group) that breaks the ice, its either up to you or them to do it.

Man I’d love it if I had weird neighbors who kept to themselves. Honestly, I want to tell them that idgaf about what they’re talking about, and that being neighbors doesn’t mean we have to do this pretend song and dance. Like if you weren’t my neighbor there’s zero chance we’d ever speak, so please let me check the mail without having a convo about the weather. And please keep your trash ***, evil granddaughter from asking if my kid can play.

But instead I follow social norms and pretend like I care in an effort to keep the peace. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I am the weird neighbor, as my wife and I have just purchased a new house in Brooklyn. We are surrounded by christians, jehovah witnesses, 7th day adventists. We are not quite finished decorating the house, but when we first moved in, people came to our door, attempting to do the neighborly thing, introductions and such. We were cool with it, until we placed an ANKH on the front door. We are a Kemetic family, Black all the way though, even our Goddess's and God's are ALL Black. No white Jesus anywhere near us. So when the knocks at our door stopped, we noticed people checking us out through their window shades, then pulling their children away from our front gate lolololololol. We don't get the Jehovah witness pamphlet offered any more, and two women next door get afraid when my wife walks near, as she has the ANKH tattooed on her arm, then has a gold and lapis chain around her neck. The men in the neighborhood nod in my direction, and a few have stopped to ask what gym I go to, especially since there is a pandemic, but even they kinda back up when my wife approaches. :rofl:

Last edited:
Maybe they think you're the weird neighbor for waving all the time

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness I have neighbors that are wavers and neighbors that aren't. Some homes actually have wavers and non-wavers under the same roof. Just go with the flow. You'll be aight.

They don't wave or nod then just stop. You don't have to be friends with everyone or need everyone's approval.

You sound the like the annoying one op if you go over there to “bother” them, whatever that means.

i liKe neighborhoods who will just let me know if the house is on fire. Ill do the favor in return. Anything more is criminal. And dont speak to my kids either., they dont know you like that.

Yes. I live with my wife and our two children in the suburbs. About two years ago a couple moved in with two children around the same age as ours. At first they awkwardly waved but we didn’t respond and they finally stopped after after a handful of times of us not even acknowledging their existence. I’ve never even looked at the wife. My wife doesn’t get out much because of a health condition but fortunately she’s a teacher and home schools our kids. We’ve had to be extremely careful because of COVID but the home schooling will come in handy for the upcoming academic year.

Anyway, I’m concerned my neighbor may be plotting on my wife and I. I’m afraid one day they might try to come over for little to no reason and impose on my family.

Am I living next to nosy folks who are too concerned about what my family is doing or nah?

Back
Top Bottom