*** Anyone else have ‘weird’ neighbors??? ***

Downstairs neighbor is a severe alcoholic and may have mental issues. Every other day I'll hear him cursing at the top of his lungs. Sometimes I'll see him in his car, slumped over. I've seen him sitting Indian style outside his car for hours. People have called the cops on him.

What did you call these if your respective hoods?

5fa3b3b8-dac9-40bc-b7d6-43732f790478_1.2bafcd4d46d9f668f27c5b1e7e599ba7.jpeg

I never had that but we had the orange...called it "orange drink"

Also had "chocolate drink"

Every time I move into a neighborhood I walk out to my car talking to myself loud, no shirt on, one flip flop on while smoking a menthol. Neighbors don’t think I’m weird, they think I’m crazy

I've always been kind of an exhibitionist.

I don't really wear shirts or pants inside my home, and that was PRE-COVID.

If you live near me you probably gonna see the male form. :lol:

we're grateful for excellent neighbors. Lady to my left is in her 70s and lives alone, she started the first charter school in Newark NJ and paid off the house in 10 years, she's inspiring and isn't nosy, just say hi and bye and once every other month I'll pick her brain.

neighbor to my right are a great family, they're teachers so in bed by 830pm and out the house at 6am without making a sound. I got a pool delivered while I was out and it started raining, they covered the box with a makeshift tarp

in a neighbor I want the same things as a tenant, that you maintain and clean your property, no consistent loud music and be respectful. some small talk is healthy because I believe in community.

as for my front door neighbor, I caught him and his dog leaving his poop on my side yard. so I printed out the pictures from the camera and wrote curb your dog, posted them on every lightpole in a 2 block radius and dropped a copy on his doorstep. next time I saw him, grown *** 65byr old man, I told him to pick up after his dog. now he doesn't even walk on my side of the property. other than that, I say good morning to everyone.

Screenshot_20200723-182213.png

Last edited:
we're grateful for excellent neighbors. Lady to my left is in her 70s and lives alone, she started the first charter school in Newark NJ and paid off the house in 10 years, she's inspiring and isn't nosy, just say hi and bye and once every other month I'll pick her brain.

neighbor to my right are a great family, they're teachers so in bed by 830pm and out the house at 6am without making a sound. I got a pool delivered while I was out and it started raining, they covered the box with a makeshift tarp

in a neighbor I want the same things as a tenant, that you maintain and clean your property, no consistent loud music and be respectful. some small talk is healthy because I believe in community.

as for my front door neighbor, I caught him and his dog leaving his poop on my side yard. so I printed out the pictures from the camera and wrote curb your dog, posted them on every lightpole in a 2 block radius and dropped a copy on his doorstep. next time I saw him, grown *** 65byr old man, I told him to pick up after his dog. now he doesn't even walk on my side of the property. other than that, I say good morning to everyone.

Screenshot_20200723-182213.png

bro!! All this is HEALTHY. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

my dad actually pulled a rifle on a dude that let his dawg shh in the front yard and then had the nerve to be disrespectful when my pops asked him to pick it up. This was 15 years ago, way before cameras. The neighborhood was diverse as hell, typical for a lot of urban Michigan, but plenty of crack,junkies, and loud domestic happenings.

bro!! All this is HEALTHY. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

my dad actually pulled a rifle on a dude that let his dawg shh in the front yard and then had the nerve to be disrespectful when my pops asked him to pick it up. This was 15 years ago, way before cameras. The neighborhood was diverse as hell, typical for a lot of urban Michigan, but plenty of crack,junkies, and loud domestic happenings.

You have to curb bad behavior quickly , I was on fire when I saw it was him because we've spoken in the past. He was always too noisy and creepy so I'm glad it happened because now I can completely cut him off. It's sad buy he's double my age and he should know better. Now he tries to make small talk because I recently got a dog but I don't look his way.

Just got my neighbor that covered my box from the rain a token of appreciation
IMG_20200725_101549.jpg

My neighbors 2 houses to my left are ****ed up. I'm not sure about the man but the wife is a severe alcoholic. Just a few days ago she was hauled into an ambulance for the 4th or 5th time in a year, presumably for alcohol poisoning again.
A while back, the man apparently locked up his wife so she couldn't leave the house to buy alcohol. The police had to intervene.

The man also doesn't respect anyone's quiet mornings. I don't know how many times I and other neighbors have called his house to tell him to **** off with his 7:30 AM chainsawing, drilling, ...
He also once trashed my neighbors' driveway while they were on vacation. He cut the hedges and reinforced the fencing but didn't just do it from his side of the fence, he did it from both sides and then left all the dirt etc on their driveway. When the neighbors came back, their driveway was littered with branches, dirt, paint splatters, ...

My neighbors 2 houses to my left are ****ed up. I'm not sure about the man but the wife is a severe alcoholic. Just a few days ago she was hauled into an ambulance for the 4th or 5th time in a year, presumably for alcohol poisoning again.
A while back, the man apparently locked up his wife so she couldn't leave the house to buy alcohol. The police had to intervene.

The man also doesn't respect anyone's quiet mornings. I don't know how many times I and other neighbors have called his house to tell him to **** off with his 7:30 AM chainsawing, drilling, ...
He also once trashed my neighbors' driveway while they were on vacation. He cut the hedges and reinforced the fencing but didn't just do it from his side of the fence, he did it from both sides and then left all the dirt etc on their driveway. When the neighbors came back, their driveway was littered with branches, dirt, paint splatters, ...
this is why I'll never move to the countryside unless I am about 200% certain that I am surrounded by ppl who share the same ideals as me that country living = quiet living. I've heard way too many stories involving dirtbikes & other toys w/ loud engines at all hours of the night & day out in the woods.

Yes. I live with my wife and our two children in the suburbs. About two years ago a couple moved in with two children around the same age as ours. At first they awkwardly waved but we didn’t respond and they finally stopped after after a handful of times of us not even acknowledging their existence. I’ve never even looked at the wife. My wife doesn’t get out much because of a health condition but fortunately she’s a teacher and home schools our kids. We’ve had to be extremely careful because of COVID but the home schooling will come in handy for the upcoming academic year.

Anyway, I’m concerned my neighbor may be plotting on my wife and I. I’m afraid one day they might try to come over for little to no reason and impose on my family.

Am I living next to nosy folks who are too concerned about what my family is doing or nah?
Not for nothing, you're looking *like the weird neighbor(s) here. Why u didn't just wave back & keep it pushing?

Last edited:
Not for nothing, you're looking neighbor(s) here. Why u didn't just wave back & keep it pushing?

I wish I had then I wouldn’t have to worry about them being tempted to find a reason to knock on my door and bother me.

I have some weird neighbors that finally started waving 10 years after moving in.

I dont care if they do or dont. Just keep it consistent.

Wildest neighbor I had tried to start a fight on day 1, complaining about the moving truck and cops got involved and everything. Kept something in the trunk for him since then but funny enough I must've seen him only once after that.

My neighbors one one side are around the same age as us (36-38, two kids, and hyper religious. She’s not allowed to work and the kids are homeschooled. He’s the cheapest person I ever met, he did an entire addition to his house for like a grand. He scavenges worksites, calls construction companies and asks for scraps, Mills his own lumber with a chainsaw from down trees etc. He’s always got some project going on, he’s currently building a treehouse in a tree like 20 feet up.

the biggest problem with them is the aggressiveness of their religion ****. They are the types to wander over whenever you are outside, which annoys the **** out of me and my wife. We like to enjoy our backyard without having these people or their kids wandering over and annoying us. They’re always talking about god and church group, and inviting us over for lunch and dinner. We have been declining for six years.

One time he texted me on a Friday to ask if we could watch their kids because they had an important dinner. So I said well it’s my wife’s birthday dinner with her parents and us tonight, but we can cancel if you are really in a jam - thinking they would say don’t worry about it. So they let me cancel our dinner (which was a lie) and we watched the kids for 2 hours. They come back and i find out they just went to chipotle. We were both shocked when we found out they didn’t really have any plans at all and let us cancel what they thought was a birthday dinner. I was pretty blunt with them after but they still would try and recruit us to their cult. It finally stopped after I got into it with him about Covid. In March He thinks it’s a hoax, and is a maga. Needless to say they don’t wander over anymore which is nice. I also planted a row of arborvitaes that are already providing decent privacy so I don’t have to see the ****ers anymore.

One time he texted me on a Friday to ask if we could watch their kids because they had an important dinner. So I said well it’s my wife’s birthday dinner with her parents and us tonight, but we can cancel if you are really in a jam - thinking they would say don’t worry about it. So they let me cancel our dinner (which was a lie) and we watched the kids for 2 hours. They come back and i find out they just went to chipotle. We were both shocked when we found out they didn’t really have any plans at all and let us cancel what they thought was a birthday dinner.

Bruh - this is straight out of Curb Your Enthusiasm :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom