Anyone ever had luck retrieving their lost/stolen phone?

Got my Iphone stolen at the rec while I was ballin. I'm checking wheres my iphone from icloud but still no luck. My fambs are telling me to just cut my losses and to just erase all the info in it and forget it. My iPhone is password protected so my question is, should I wait it out and keep monitoring my iphone witch icloud or should I just erase all the info and just get a new phone? I remember someone from NT recover their stolen iPhone but I can't find the thread. Anyone else had any luck finding their lost/stolen phone?

I remember a NTer who got head from a girl he picked up off the streets and he ended up losing his phone behind some house where he got topped off and he thought the girl stole it.. Silly guy

I'm the type to return it and I used to be a huge thief in high school (I'm an ******* yes but all the people I stole from I hated).

If the area you play in has some shaddy people then just delete the information.

I would keep trying for a few more days, after 2 or 3 days I'd just go ahead and get a new one

^thats the thing, in order for me to track it. Dude has to turn it on and it has to have some internet connection for me to locate the phone.

I'm was one of the lucky ones. I was drunk as hell in Chicago making a phone call outside of my hotel room. I was sitting down and eating chips and when I finished making the call I put the phone in my pocket and finished my bag of chips. I guess when I got up my phone slipped out of my pocket and didn't feel since all I thought about was getting into bed. Tried my luck next morning and called the front desk. They said one of their employees found it. Guess nobody really wanted to keep it cause the sides of my phone were scratched up badly and had a shattered screen lol.

Lost it outside in the parking lot of my gym.out It must have slipped out of my car somehow. One of the workers found it and called my "house" number and told me to come pick it up. Gave dude a $50 tip. (We all know how much iPhones cost and I had accepted the fact that I had to buy a new one already).

Last edited:
After one wild night out I left my phone in a random limo and after making the trip to LI to get it only to find out the place is closed the driver was nice enough to roll by the crib and deliver it to me.

Other than that I'm pretty aware and cautious about making sure I don't lose my belongings.

If the phone is password protected, can the person who found it erase it somehow and start using it? I just recently started to pin protect my phones.

If the phone is password protected, can the person who found it erase it somehow and start using it? I just recently started to pin protect my phones.

Yes, all they have to do is restore it on a computer

Someone at work was kind enough to pick up my phone when I left it in the locker room and take it home for safekeeping, lol. I traced it with find my iPhone and sent multiple messages asking them to return it to security at work. I immediately filed a police report with serial, etc. After a while, the local police department was going to go to the last address pinged on Where's My iPhone (not the most accurate necessarily; because I had reported the phone stolen to AT&T after activating an older phone. I figured activating the other phone would render my iPhone untraceable anyway, and AT&T could recover on the off chance someone tried to activate my phone in-store instead of through iTunes) but the Good Samaritan decided to drop the phone off at work.

Back
Top Bottom