Anyone ever live in an efficiency? Please share your experience.

Long story short I'm looking for my own place. I don't want a roommate but at the same time I don't want to pay a arm and a leg for a one or two bedroom . I have considered looking into an efficiency. At the end of the day all I need is a place to sleep, eat and shower. I can get an efficiency for around $350 where I live. One bedroom in a decent area run about $550 on average with two bedrooms around $650-$700. So what should expect living in a efficiency?

In that case, then that depends on what you're looking for. If you feel like you could do it and prefer to be by yourself, then you should go for it.

I live in a two BR by myself and sometimes I think it's too big.

I was going to do it this past summer. Decided against it. It's good if you're not planning on having a ton of people over. Great place to be a bachelor and have the occasional female guest. Really cost effective, you can decorate it with ease, and it gets the job done as far as you having your own place.

I can get an efficiency for around $350 where I live. One bedroom in a decent area run about $550 on average with two bedrooms around $650-$700.

Where are you living? Guessing it's not a metro area.

And as far as what to expect, I guess a lot of quiet and lonely nights. I still feel like I need a roommate to stay sane, but I'm 24. I would, on the other hand, like to have total control over the cleaning and maintenance of the place.

Back
Top Bottom