anyone figure out why kobe is wearing 2k4?

I have never seen a single person wearing either the 1's or the 2's not on TV...however that may be because I'm in Phoenix...the #24 hating capital of the world.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Me and jack have had at it most of the time but Ive also realized that his side of the arguement is healthy for this community.His overall demeanor and how he goes about things is questionable to downright rude..Jack you wanna get at nike thats your business but on the b1lly hoyle post you said "I now am a big fan of the BB4's" after billy stated how he blames the bb4's for effectively ending his highschool basketball career...cmon man seriously..if it's that serious and personal to you then I really dont know what to tell u..common sense would be you go and find a community that better caters to your views.At this point I would suggest as a community we remove jack from the community because he is in clear violation of the rules of conduct with his malicious comments and constant trolling of a certain part of the community.
check out my blog unds'ed/

I couldn't tell you, but I know Nike recently released a few Kobe laser colorways of the 2K4. Maybe it's a promotional thing.

Rock Deep,

What you are saying about what a player wears is not totally true. I have had buddies who played in the league those who've had deals with Nike. However, I wont even use them as example. I do know that Steve Nash was forced to stop wearing that little funny shoe he wore, they looked like the Prestos. HE told me that, as I see him all the time in the city during the summer.

Micheal Jordan wore the Air Jordan 1, in what was supposed to be his last game at MSG as a Bull, correct? He stated that he found them in his closet, then decided to wear them in that game. They were a size too small, but he wore them anyway. Afterward, he autographed them, then handed them over to Charles Oakley.

Jordan made that decision, not the Nike Marketing Dept.

Gilbert Arenas played an NBA game in a pair of Nike running shoes. Gil was with Nike at the time.

Nike marketing?

I don't believe that, because when the ZK1's came out, Kobe hardly wore the GR's! EX: The 81 point game!

So what was Nike marketing there, something that nobody could get?

I have the feelin' that Kobe only answers to Vannesa, as per the Esquire article.

No offense!

BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

[Wine-O] Where Dem Hatas at [Wine-O]
In Search of MID WEST Regional XIXsize 11

Really, an I.P. Ban is the only solution for Hubie / Splendid Visionz / Jack J / Next reincarnation...
Check out the video for "Starlite"Ink is My Drink. Hip-Hop Ain't Dead Yet...

you guys are such lemmings.

can't you accept someone else with an opinion that differs from yours? we can't all be clones.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Im going to start another AZKIII official post and I expect it to just go smooth this cat ruined it for everyone because of his constant barrage of of bringing up things that have nothing to do with the shoe or like his two cents are worth it.

Other than that Yeah Kobe is wearing them because of Marketing

Props To RockDeep for sharing the insight.

V
"A shoe is a shoe until is sole is finally released" by Vulkan The Krusader

Jack J-

Bad examples Bro.

MJ does what he wants. Nike Marketing has NOTHING to do with Brand Jordan and their Marketing. MJ makes ALL the calls on his line.

No one tells MJ what he needs to wear unless they are pushing upcoming Product and then YES MJ wears it.

GIL NEVER had a Nike signature shoe. So Yeah.. Bad example. The guys you ALL spoke of and probably know didn't have NIKE Signature deals.

A Nike DEAL is VERY different than Nike Signature deals. Most of the players who wear Nikes don't have these Multi Million Dollar Agreements.

They wear the multitude of shoes Nike sends them. Your right. For those players.. NIke could give two poops what they wear because they are wearing what Nike sent them. They are not Marquee Players. Get it?

Steve Nash as you stated had to changed shoes.

So whats next on your reasoning. I could go all day, seeing as I have this info first hand to refute your "claims" its really quite comical.

But hopefully at some point, you may say to yourself OR even verbalize it here and say.. "Oh..you must be right" lol

It makes me really no never mind.. Its more of me Educating you on whats True and Factual. Not what you 'think" is the case.

Yes.. In the end.. Nike controls what Product ALL it's players wear. Gil was a Shoe Free Agent. so he could wear what he wanted. Please understand the facts behind your statements.

If Nike sends Tyson Chandler or Sam Cassel a crap load of Shox and Zoom BBs.. they are in fact controlling what that player wears.

If that player chooses not to wear those.. he can simply go to his Team Equipment Manager and order something else. It simply won't have PE Status and be an SMU (Special Make Up)

Hope that clears alot up for you. I am sure it won't. But hey... you can't say I didn't try to educate you... but at least I tried. Any ignorance of info now is truely on you.

I've pretty much exhausted the information I could provide. Everything else you may come up with HAS to be straight conjecture still.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

The ban isnt being brought up because of his differing opinions.He is malicious with how he goes about making his points."I now am a big fan of the BB4's."..to make light of an injury suffered by another person is just malicious.rant and rave how much you hate kobe or nike all you want but to applaud someone getting injured from a nike product because you dislike nike is just flat out wrong.
check out my blog unds'ed/

I know that Nike wanted Amare to wear the Air Force 25 last year but he absolutely HATED them...that's why he wore the Air Max Enforcer for a large part of the season between wearing the AM 360 and the Air Force STAT.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

^ I think they hurt his feet for some reason. Maybe it was the zoom forefoot. He never wears zoom air based shoes...just Max Air. Zoom isn't usually the best option for a big man.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

Stat is a GOOD example of a player NOT wanting to wear a certain shoe based on his physical problems.

The problem with that was actually giving him PEs that were 360's.. After that he LOVED them...

Thus this year he is a Force 360 Man.
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

So you are saying that if a player has a sig shoe with Nike, he has to wear what the Nike marketing dept tells him to wear? Okay, I gotcha. But that still doesn't explain why Kobe wore different colorways of the ZK1, those that didn't reach the stores that season.

Lebron had issues with the ZL4, and then went back to the III's, of which weren't on the store shelves anymore, and the 20 5 5 joints last season, Nike marketing there as well????

I guess you may be right if this is so!!!

MJ in GQ

Lebron had toe problems, so he HAD to switch to a different shoe, thus that would fall under Physical reasons.

Kobe wore the ZK1 in different colors.. BUT it was still the ZK1.. and YES they did tell him to wear them.. why ?" Cause they sent them to him to wear.

The mistake Marketing made was having all those SMUs done up for him to wear and not many GRs. You notice now they have him wearing more GRs... which would leave collectors irritated there are more SMUs.

If Lebron goes to another shoe because of a physical problem.. it isn't Humanly possible to make those adjustments to a shoe or get him something of preference in a day. SO he HAS to go with what he has available to him.

Interesting stuff. thanks for sharing.

funny that they made nash give up his old favorites. I'd be piss'd, but I guess a check for several hundred grand would help me get over it.

a new strategy the marketing dept's could take is to get a player to wear a competitors shoe, and slip/fall down a lot. perhaps adidas is paying Ben Gordon b/c he falls a good bit. Or they could have a player wear a competitors shoe that they've rigged to the sole to rip off if he makes a strong cut....ala George Mcginnis in his Pumas back in the 70's.

I could come up with these diabolical strategies all day and I am available for a small consultant fee.

"i will slap someone if i ever see anyone wear them and try to stunt wit them" -masterani3

:wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
@ Chris Chicago

Rock Deep, You the man! I bow, and then understand!

But don't you think that Nike shot themselves in the foot, pun intended, for letting Kobe run around in something that people, his fans, would actually want?

MJ in GQ

Yes.. they did.. thats why I said Mistake.

BUT.. it has been proven with the LA Maps 2k5s and most LA Colorway kicks, that they are not a National Seller. this goes for ANY shoe.. Not just the Kobe's.

Maybe if Jordan won six titles as a Laker maybe..

I think Celtics colors would sell more than Laker colors. but thats just a Personal Opinion

What I don't get is, why would Nike market a shoe that already has had success (2k4) that came out 3 years ago as opposed to the Kobe 3? Which he has not even worn yet..........Perhaps I answered my own question? I guess Nike knows that they can't sell the Kobe 3 and want to focus on a proven model?

Rock Deep, the LA Color Converse Weapons did and do very well here, the Magic Johnson joints...people just don't like Kobe Bryant.

MJ in GQ

Kobe Bryant didn't wear the Uptempos or the Jordan XIX SEs in Laker colors.. Derick Fisher and Gary Payton did... so thats still not a good reason to blame JUST Kobe....altho even I admit.. Kobe pushing shoes hurts sales.

And if you are talking the Magic Johnson Converse kicks from the 80s... EVERYONE wore crazy colors then...

Kobe also wore the 2k4's and 5's... so what would be the reason for their reasonbly ok sales?

Come on Rock, you had me with you for a minute! The 2k4's did well from that dope shoe morph commercial, during the NCAA's, not because of Kobe! In fact, nobody really knew that this was supposed to be his shoe! Then the 5's didn't do nearly as well in sales.

With me being of the generation that the Weapons were being marketed toward, since I was actually playing my High School ball back then, WE were NOT wearing crazy colors when those came out. What you are thinking about is the early Nineties, when that Kid and Play, and Kwame stuff got hot.

Those shoes did well back then, because Magic was cool. Also from what I understand, the retros of that shoe have always done well for Converse, right along with the Chucks.

Kobe Bryant does get love for his game, but as a person he is frowned upon. The latter is what sells sig shoes, which really has played out anyway.

MJ in GQ

Quote:
I think Celtics colors would sell more than Laker colors. but thats just a Personal Opinion

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Back
Top Bottom