anyone figure out why kobe is wearing 2k4?

Quote:
The 2k4's did well from that dope shoe morph commercial, during the NCAA's, not because of Kobe!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

I said that about MJ, twelve. That is because I remember when the Bird version of those Weapons came out, Black and White, and people were embarrassed to buy them. Isiah had the White and Blue Weapons, and people got those, but not the Birds.

Black shoes were considered the Celtics and ugly. We didn't even like Black Chuck Taylor's! :lol:
laugh.gif

MJ changed alla' dat'.

Now Kobe has done the opposite...Lakers shoes with his sig...suck! :lol:
laugh.gif

WHOA! Kobe wore alot of shoes Rock! That didn't hurt the sales of those shoes, they just weren't identified with KOBE BRYANT.

As soon as the name was put on those shoes, they sat on shelves, and hit outlets ala the 2K5s and the Maps that you spoke of.

You cannot have it both ways...
BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

Mr. Jack Johnson, I know everybody is entitled to his own opinion just like what you're doing right now, which I respect but my question to you is, WHY YOU HATE THE GUY SO MUCH?! Did he do something bad to you? I always see your post with so much hate for Kobe... just curious. thank you

I actually saw the first people in my life wearing the #24 shoes last night...two guys on the team we played in my league game were wearing the #24 Strengths...and we won by 25 points.
I think that's why we won.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Quote:
and we won by 25 points.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

hey rock so the penny foamposites iguodala wore in the rookie game a couple years ago were his? or are players able to order any shoe from the inventory?
check out my blog unds'ed/

Heeeeellll no they can't order what they want. lol

BUT they can come in and see what shoes bet fit their game and it goes from there. They also try out shoes in Practice and speak with their Sports Marketing Contact in order to get what they need.

They don't have a say on Color ways... they don't have a say on how much they get (Unless they have a signature shoe)

At All Star Nike basically outfits their guys for the entire weekend of events.
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

ahahah ok I was just curious about that because every once in a while youll see stuff like Collison in bb4's and pollard was wearing the air max uptempos for years.

In my 7 years of collecting I've never read something so comical and ignorant as mr. jack johnson's responses. U say the 2k4 didn't sell well with his name on it? I recall that the 2K4 laser that beared his name and released for $200 did very well and is still fetching up to that in DS condition. I'll say what I've always said, I don't care how a shoe does or did as long I like them and I have a pair on my feet.

^^^

exactly. its a shoe jacko! oh well.... this is another thread closed.... cause of a deedeedeeeeee
NIKE Talking Since
'94

I don't really care why he's wearing them. I just assumed it was because of the re-release of them. I do care about me wearing them though. Me wearing 2K4 Lasers > me watching Kobe wear them.

C O O K # 4 5
get fit.

Mr Jack Johnson
Quote:
I said that about MJ, twelve. That is because I remember when the Bird version of those Weapons came out, Black and White, and people were embarrassed to buy them. Isiah had the White and Blue Weapons, and people got those, but not the Birds.

Black shoes were considered the Celtics and ugly. We didn't even like Black Chuck Taylor's! :lol:
laugh.gif

MJ changed alla' dat'.

Now Kobe has done the opposite...Lakers shoes with his sig...suck! :lol:
laugh.gif

WHOA! Kobe wore alot of shoes Rock! That didn't hurt the sales of those shoes, they just weren't identified with KOBE BRYANT.

As soon as the name was put on those shoes, they sat on shelves, and hit outlets ala the 2K5s and the Maps that you spoke of.

You cannot have it both ways...

I mean, maybe that's sort of true, but it's missing the whole point, at least to me. I don't give a hell what other people are wearing. Honestly, have you seen the cats rocking the retro J line? 19-year-old kids with huge @#%$ hoodies and ugly jeans made by bad rappers. I'm not trying to be like the rest of the shoe heads, and I could care less if Kobe sells well. You know why? Because his shoes perform. The 2K Huraches were Kobes, and they were classic on court shoes. Kobe 1 and Kobe 2 are almost universally praised as some of the best basketball shoes ever made.

I don't wear this athletic gear socially. If you rock some bball shoes with jeans and a tee shirt and you think you have style, that's fine. Make sure you get the XXXXXXXXXL size tee, too. That's definitely a nice look.

I buy this stuff and I'm on Niketalk to see how the gear playsother guys look at your feet... @#%$, you can have that game.

It's just depressing when the best line of performance shoes is being @#%$ on because it isn't selling well. I don't care if idiots didn't buy it. Just better prices for me when they do go on clearance. You know what? NSYNC had the best selling album a few years back. Girls rocked UGG boots every single second. That doesn't mean either of those things had merit. It just means people bought whatever the crowd did.

EDIT: This isn't a slam on you, Mr. Jack Johnson, I just used your comments as a springboard to my rant. No offense!

Shoes don't perform, people do. You may think that Kobe's shoes are the best, but that is subjective. Also for you to suggest that "universally", thing, you must have taken a poll.

Where's your proof?

If the shoes didn't sell well, how did the UNIVERSE rate'em?

You mean the kids who rock the big tees don't play ball, when was the last time you been to Rucker?

Did you do a poll there?

I say that there are other companies who make Hoops shoes that are just as good, and this Brioni custom tailored suit wearing Black Man, who actually plays the game, would rather wear their offerings, because of who does NOT endorse their brand.

Now what say you on your proof?

MJ in GQ

it wasnt that people didnt like the black converse weapons,it was more that people didnt like the celtics and bird.For the most part black shoes werent all that popular in the early to mid 80's.Jordan being the exception with the original blk/red colorway.However once you got into the late 80's and early 90's with the Michigan's fab 5 and reebok's blacktop line,is when you really see black shoes become more popular.

I remember the grey/black 2k5's selling well even with kobe's name on the tongue.And the blk/white pair that had kobe's logo on the heel sold out.I dont think it was a problem with kobe's name being on the shoe,colorway would be the biggest reason the shoe didnt sell.blk/wht,wht/blk,blk/wht/blue,wht/grey,grey/blk all sold well.The pairs that didnt sell very well were the grey/red,wht/purple/yellow,wht/nvy/yellow

so does you wearing a brioni suit or capitalizing Black Man for emphasis give you more credibility?dude we all get it you dont like nike,you really hate kobe..I remember asking for your proof in another thread..to the point to I did all your research for you...But you are right,the person wearing the shoes is the one who has to perform..unfortunately the things that cover your feet have to perform as well because if your foot is sliding all over the inside of the shoe..it isnt performing...if you land from grabbing a rebound or layup or dunk and you feel excessive shock traveling up your leg..the shoe isnt fully performing..if youre sliding around on the court..the shoe again isnt performing..so in some ways the shoe has to perform and allow the user to perform to the extent they are capable of.Im not in the camp of "if I buy some kobe's I'll be a better player" but if people are comfortable wearing kobe then thats ok for them...if youre comfortable in some adidas' thats great.unfortunately due to the makeup of this community and the fact that it is "niketalk" youre not going to find too many people who share your point of view..fortunately there are less people who share your view with as much passion as you..

ZombieJesus12,

I'll take any Universal poll. No Offense.

Edit: Even an alternate Universe.

MJ in GQ

Quote:
They don't have a say on Color ways
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Amare doesnt have a say on Colorways done up.. but if its the same SHOE that he's wearing.. Why would Nike care if he didn't wear the same shoe with Cement Print?

He's still pushing the Product ya know? Special Make Ups SMUs are just a way for a player to have his own lil something...an ego thing. Sometimes those things can take off and end up being a FNL or FL exclusive...

I couldn't tell you about what happened in 05. @#%$ at Nike is ever changing...but just like I wrote before Sig Shoe Players have a lil more say than regular players on what they wear.. BUT they are still getting the shoes from Who? Nike...

When it comes down to it... if STAY aint selling.. he needs to wear what Nike gives him and be happy.. but STAT has Knee problems, so they are obviously careful to be aware of his needs.

i thought i saw stat in some black/orange XIII's with stat in orange on the tongue...

Back
Top Bottom