anyone going to see SCARFACE tommorow night?

...in theaters one night only.

nerd.gif

scarfaceamc.jpg

080111_scarface.jpg

Al Pacino in "Scarface," courtesy Universal Pictures

In 1983, the Oliver Stone-written, Brian De Palma-directed, Al Pacino-starring "Scarface" stormed into movie theaters, forever changing the way that rappers described themselves. The film, perhaps better known to younger viewers as "The movie version of 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'," will be returning to theaters to once again introduce you to that infamous "little friend" on Wednesday, August 31 at 7:30 p.m.

If you've somehow managed to get through your late teens and early 20s without having watched "Scarface" sincerely, ironically and then sincerely once again, it tells the story of Pacino's Tony Montana. Playing a Cuban immigrant, Pacino fights through the Miami underworld and an improbable accent to become the city's undisputed drug kingpin. Based on a 1932 film of the same name, since its release "Scarface" has become a cult classic and been appropriated by the gangsta rap neighborhood of the hip-hop community.

Later this month, the "Scarface Special Event" will air in theaters with "restored high-definition picture and enhanced audio," and will be accompanied by a 20-minute feature that "showcases interviews with popular filmmakers and talent expressing how this epic feature redefined the gangster genre, leaving an enduring influence on cinema," and presumably at least a half-dozen people doing their version of "Say hello to my little friend!"

The one-night event is being held to commemorate the first-ever Blu-ray release of the movie, which comes out on the following week on September 6. The regular version of the flick boasts exclusive new bonus content, but if you want to shell out the big bucks, you can pick up the "Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-Ray," including collectible SteelBook packaging, 10 exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film, a DVD of the original 1932 "Scarface," and even a "Scarface" themed humidor that will look hilariously ironic holding all your Swisher Sweets.

Oh snap! Didn't even know about this...

Spoiler [+]
Nah, I won't show up.

meant to make a thread the other day when i copped my tickets...NT doesn't have a big scarface following...most are too young to appreciate it

i'll be in the building....lux theater...big purple comfy couches, good food and better drinks
pimp.gif

scarface-al-pacino-cocaine-film-finale-gun-fight-a1.jpg

who in their right mind will pay money to see something that everybody has seen 2,000,000 times?

Ohhh... black people (rappers) and teenagers, thats right.

(i'm half black if that matters)

....i think they should advertise these things better. just a few months ago they brought Back II the Future parts I and II to theaters, and i didnt find out until it was too late. then i seen that they brought back LOTR as well.

- i wish i knew of a place to sign up for some sort of email of things like this....

Originally Posted by IamMD

who in their right mind will pay money to see something that everybody has seen 2,000,000 times?

Back to the Future was brought back too not too long ago, LOTR I II and III as well as the entire Harry Potter series. there must be money in it somewhere.

...ill look over that black teenager nonsense, you're obviously ignorant on a gang of fronts coming into this thread just BEGGING to be THAT GUY. go sit down somewhere clown

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Back to the Future was brought back too not too long ago, LOTR I II and III as well as the entire Harry Potter series. there must be money in it somewhere.

...ill look over that black teenager nonsense, you're obviously ignorant on a gang of fronts coming into this thread just BEGGING to be THAT GUY. go sit down somewhere clown

I didn't say black teenagers. I said black people and teenagers, simp.  And yes..there is money in it because IDIOTS will go pay to see it in the theater like the experience is going to be any different.  Its not ignorance, its truth..i'm willing to bet, the movie theater is filled with a bunch of black people that glorify this type of lifestyle.

I didn't say black teenagers. I said black people and teenagers, simp.  And yes..there is money in it because IDIOTS will go pay to see it in the theater like the experience is going to be any different.  Its not ignorance, its truth..i'm willing to bet, the movie theater is filled with a bunch of black people that glorify this type of lifestyle.

....so someone going to see Back to the Future or LOTR in theaters makes them an idiot?

oh.

you've been BEGGING for attention since you've come back.

um..paying more money to see a movie that you own and know exactly how its going to end..and can probably quote it word for word is dumb. So yes, i stand by my statement.

you mad son?  be easy, its entertainment.

Spoiler [+]
your other half is showing..

Shut up. You sound like a woman on her period. Who are you to say someone is an idiot just because they value the movie experience? Watching a film in theaters is a completely different experience than watching it at home, especially for those who do not possess a home entertainment system.  If the movie experience was so damn illogical then it would not exist because people would merely wait for all films to release on video. I don't glorify the Scarface lifestyle but I will be in attendance. And yes, I am black, but I am also a licensed attorney so I'm certain that I am the antithesis of the stereotype that you just blanketly made. Just because someone enjoys Scarface does not mean that they are a thug that deserve to be judged by ignorant, simpletons like yourself. The problem with ignorant folks like yourself is you are so damn delusional that you believe the idiocy you portray, and ironically make yourselves look more stupid than the people you look down upon. I got hours to bill so don't expect a response, chump.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Shut up. You sound like a woman on her period. Who are you to say someone is an idiot just because they value the movie experience? Watching a film in theaters is a completely different experience than watching it at home, especially for those who do not possess a home entertainment system.  If the movie experience was so damn illogical then it would not exist because people would merely wait for all films to release on video. I don't glorify the Scarface lifestyle but I will be in attendance. And yes, I am black, but I am also a licensed attorney so I'm certain that I am the antithesis of the stereotype that you just blanketly made. Just because someone enjoys Scarface does not mean that they are a thug that deserve to be judged by ignorant, simpletons like yourself. The problem with ignorant folks like yourself is you are so damn delusional that you believe the idiocy you portray, and ironically make yourselves look more stupid than the people you look down upon. I got hours to bill so don't expect a response, chump.

eek.gif
blunt burnin

How bout yall give me the 10 dollars your gonna spend on the movie and yall can come to my backyard and watch it on the projection screen..how that sound? simps

Back
Top Bottom