Anyone hear Jay Bilas on Dan Le Batard's radio show?...this is stupid.

laugh.gif

jay bilas is a bum ... cant stand his lisp or his views ... loved watching him sit there with #%%! Vitale, Digger and Bob Knight and be the 5th option lol

Le Batard is a moron and always has been.. he deserves to be treated the way Bilas did.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

jay bilas is a bum ... cant stand his lisp or his views ... loved watching him sit there with #%%! Vitale, Digger and Bob Knight and be the 5th option lol

indifferent.gif

jajajaja, I think what's even worse is he called Manu Ginobili a WHITE EUROPEAN basketball player, he has no credibility when it comes to talking aboutrace or nationality....
roll.gif
WHITE EUROPEAN
laugh.gif

YO! Jay's the man. Le Batard is a goof. He's good for a random appearance on PTI, but he's still a goof. This whole thing is stupid. The"discussion" started out well but for him to try to think and conjure up different scenarios and examples is ridiculous. Clown. And then he soundedsalty because Bilas is an intelligent enough man not to engage in it. DF!!!

yall can stoneface me if you want but bilas stays on a high horse for some reason and i dont know why ... im waiting for someone to disagree with what lebatardwas saying ... ... ... crickets ... ... ... bilas just doesnt wanna touch the race issue cuz hes a upper class white dude out of touch with the culuture oftodays players ... fact is if you are a close knit bball team jokes about players being white and non athletic are common place and even in your local gymwhite players wont be viewed AS athletic as black players ... name a white superstar that isnt from europe?

hes canadian ... you know what dude was touching on a good ole home grown corn eating white boy ...

hes canadian ... you know what dude was touching on a good ole home grown corn eating white boy ...

And Canada is not in Europe, is it? So I win. Now go ahead and change your arguments, just like your buddy Dan.

Who even says Ty won't succeed because he's not athletic enough? Nobody who watches him much. Dude does reverse 360s on breakaways. I could say I thinkhe'll struggle because he travels 80% of the time, he's not going to just outmuscle NBA 4s, is small for his position, no real perimeter skills, theturn your shoulder into guys and go to the ft line routine again won't work in the NBA, and I don't think he's mobile enough to guard 3's and4's, but none of that has anything to do with being white.

Like Jay said, you can name numerous black players whose athleticism has been bought into question.

yall can stoneface me if you want but bilas stays on a high horse for some reason and i dont know why ... im waiting for someone to disagree with what lebatard was saying ... ... ... crickets ... ... ... bilas just doesnt wanna touch the race issue cuz hes a upper class white dude out of touch with the culuture of todays players ... fact is if you are a close knit bball team jokes about players being white and non athletic are common place and even in your local gym white players wont be viewed AS athletic as black players ... name a white superstar that isnt from europe?

indifferent.gif

name a white superstar that isnt from europe?
Steve Nash.

or played in europe ... lol ... manu is a european style player wherever hes from ... im sorry if i get lebatards point aint no white dude gonna be viewed asthe next lebron, kobe, dwight howard etc... unless they are playing overseas somewhere ... and even if they do compare in college they arent going to be viewedas "pro prospects" ... you gotta understand hes trying to play on the law of averages theory here, if beasley was white, would a team still pick himcuz in recent history tehre isnt many white superstars ...

Jay Bilas lost me when kept pumping that "Tyler Hansbourough plays harder than any other player that I have ever seen" jive.

or played in europe ... lol ... manu is a european style player wherever hes from ... im sorry if i get lebatards point aint no white dude gonna be viewed as the next lebron, kobe, dwight howard etc... unless they are playing overseas somewhere ... and even if they do compare in college they arent going to be viewed as "pro prospects" ... you gotta understand hes trying to play on the law of averages theory here, if beasley was white, would a team still pick him cuz in recent history tehre isnt many white superstars .
Actually I do get the point and kind of agree with certain things about what u are saying, and I do think Jay Bilas backed down from commentingjust to sound politically correct IMO, (see Tim Hardaway's views on homosexuality) not because he's such a great guy or analyst. If u wanna know whatI think, if a white athlete with a great college career comes into the draft playin' ball like kobe or chris paul or whoever, I highly doubt coaches willpass on him or doubt his ability when turning pro just 'cuse he's white.... statistics show for good or bad reasons, that from 1990-Present Day, therehasn't been that many white homegrown athletes that have excelled like black one's do, that's just reality and IMO at some point we may find thatit has little to do with race or other demographic variables.

or played in europe ... lol ... manu is a european style player wherever hes from ... im sorry if i get lebatards point aint no white dude gonna be viewed as the next lebron, kobe, dwight howard etc... unless they are playing overseas somewhere ... and even if they do compare in college they arent going to be viewed as "pro prospects" ... you gotta understand hes trying to play on the law of averages theory here, if beasley was white, would a team still pick him cuz in recent history tehre isnt many white superstars ...

You ever assume it is, because there isn't any? And nobody form Europe has been called the next LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, and frankly no black players areeven called that, so again, you're going nowhere.
You and LeBetard's attempt to try to draw some parallel to past real world racism and oppression is futile and flawed on so many levels. For one,the NBA is run by other white people, so it's not like you can act like a bunch of black dudes are up there deciding not to give whites an opportunity forno other reason than their being white.

I question taking Ty with a lottery pick for his being between positions, undersized to be 4, underskilled as a 3. Beasley you have some similar concerns, buthe can still put it on the floor enough and shoot out to 3 pt range and has enough polish in the post to take some 4's down there. But let's just callme racist because I like the black player better. That's productive
indifferent.gif

If Beasley was the exact same player he is now, but white, he would still be a #1 prospect.

And come down to Fort Sill one day. I'll introduce you to a bunch of white and Asian dudes who you'll see and assume aren't athletic and justshooters, who will come down and smooth dunk on your #** and make you apologize, or tall black dudes who you think can hoop but can't.

^^yup, exactly...but not because he's scared of some type of negative-backlash tho, Jay is prolly one of those type of dudes who really doesnt want toentertain it because he prolly doesnt feel comfortable going there, even though he's not naive enough to think that race has never entered the thought of aGM at any point.

Im not sure I even understand the point Dan was even tryna make tho. If its a great white player coming out of college, he's gonna get more hypethan doubts (unless the doubts are obvious, like in Tyler's case). And when a player is athletic, its always like this 'extra' buzz (like Chase,Joe Alexander)...

Regardless tho, Dan LeBatard is that dude lol....what I like about him is he's not one of these dudes who tries not to step on toes or something in fear ofcausing controversy, but at the same time he's never doing it for 'shock', he just keep it 100 on his views...

Back
Top Bottom