Anyone here have over $100k in Student Loan DEBT? vol. $

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Dip

Originally Posted by jehims

mine is about 20k, but my brother's loans are def going to be over $200k after he's done with his school

That's crazy.  What's your brother majoring in?

better be a double major in rocket science and ceo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you're right....he did double major in bio and eco in undergrad and now he's going to residency in med school and ranked in top 15% of his class

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Dip

Originally Posted by jehims

mine is about 20k, but my brother's loans are def going to be over $200k after he's done with his school

That's crazy.  What's your brother majoring in?

better be a double major in rocket science and ceo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you're right....he did double major in bio and eco in undergrad and now he's going to residency in med school and ranked in top 15% of his class

subsidized loans FTW

i graduated (b.s.) with 13k in student loans. paid it off 9 months after graduation (i get 6 months grace period, so i really only had to pay interest for 3 months).
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
RIP to anyone with that type of debt
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors, im SURE most these cats with large student loans are going to med, law, grad school to get a job where 100k in debt wont be %!%. 

Like for real for real i live in florida and could graduate with 170 k in debt and buy a house in foreclosure thats like 4 bedrooms 2 bath for 80k and have a good education, good job and a nice home for 250k... thats STILL 100k less than some NTers have paid to live in a one bathroom house...
pimp.gif

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors, im SURE most these cats with large student loans are going to med, law, grad school to get a job where 100k in debt wont be %!%. 

Like for real for real i live in florida and could graduate with 170 k in debt and buy a house in foreclosure thats like 4 bedrooms 2 bath for 80k and have a good education, good job and a nice home for 250k... thats STILL 100k less than some NTers have paid to live in a one bathroom house...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

subsidized loans FTW

i graduated (b.s.) with 13k in student loans. paid it off 9 months after graduation (i get 6 months grace period, so i really only had to pay interest for 3 months).
pimp.gif

yea I`m at 15k, had to take out loans for my freshmen year of school, after that I had scholarships and grants the paid for everything. I`m hoping to pay it off with in 1-2 years.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

subsidized loans FTW

pimp.gif

yea I`m at 15k, had to take out loans for my freshmen year of school, after that I had scholarships and grants the paid for everything. I`m hoping to pay it off with in 1-2 years.
pimp.gif

Luckily, all of my education so far has been paid for (Med school for free, FTW). But, I know tons of people w/ student loans, and as long as you pay them off gradually, it should be alright. Just don't let it sit there and accumulate interest. I read an article about some girl who kept putting off payments, and ended up having to pay twice as much. In the end, it'll all be worth it.

Luckily, all of my education so far has been paid for (Med school for free, FTW). But, I know tons of people w/ student loans, and as long as you pay them off gradually, it should be alright. Just don't let it sit there and accumulate interest. I read an article about some girl who kept putting off payments, and ended up having to pay twice as much. In the end, it'll all be worth it.

Originally Posted by JuJu

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors
excuse my ignorance...but is communications a bad major?

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors

I have 107 but with interest right now it's 138K..
frown.gif

I'm goin to grad school for Special Education..

My school that I went to for Undergrad was 25K a year..but i hadda stay extra or else i would've been under 100..

NY/Education field doesn't have a great loan forgiveness program..so i'ma start paying once my grad work is done..

*sigh* it sucks..but i gotta deal with it..

frown.gif

My school that I went to for Undergrad was 25K a year..but i hadda stay extra or else i would've been under 100..

NY/Education field doesn't have a great loan forgiveness program..so i'ma start paying once my grad work is done..

Originally Posted by moneymike88

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No but the chances of you making a lot of money right out of college is much more slim compared to other majors. 

Originally Posted by moneymike88

100k!?!?!?!?!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No but the chances of you making a lot of money right out of college is much more slim compared to other majors. 

Originally Posted by dmxgod

frown.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

and wat did you go to undergrad for?
#yourdoinitwrong

Originally Posted by dmxgod

frown.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

and wat did you go to undergrad for?
#yourdoinitwrong

im saying if you got over 100k in debts and not majoring in something that is atleast guaranteed 6 figures...

ill pray for you

im saying if you got over 100k in debts and not majoring in something that is atleast guaranteed 6 figures...

ill pray for you

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I never said it isnt managabel but COT %$+%#++ DAMN thats like a house. Thats OD as **%+. And even if they do become surgeons and lawyers. Itll still take them a handful of years to pay it off. Not for me.

$0

I didnt pay a dime to go to school.........I guess its good that parents dont make much sometimes. (Plus i had kids, so that helps allot)

Back
Top Bottom