Anyone here have over $100k in Student Loan DEBT? vol. $

Originally Posted by tyisny

I find it rediculous that a 100k debt for a college student is considered "normal"
laugh.gif
. Another part of the "American Dream" that ends with false hopes for a lot
Yeah def shouldn't be normal. If its gonna be 100k it better in Med, Law School or Dentistry, then that initial investment will most likely payoff in the end anyway. If you're doing philsophy and you got 100k in debt it's a wrap
roll.gif
, you didn't have enough wisdom to begin with lol

I'm going to have around $72k in Student Loans by the time I graduate from B-School in May. It was definitely worth it though. I just signed my job offer last week. $130k base salary with potential for up 20% of base in performance bonuses, and a $40k sign-on bonus, most of which will be used to prepay a portion of my loans. I know I have 10 years to pay off the loan, but I'm going to do my best to pay it all off in 5 years. Living and working in the Midwest FTW.

I'm going to have around $72k in Student Loans by the time I graduate from B-School in May. It was definitely worth it though. I just signed my job offer last week. $130k base salary with potential for up 20% of base in performance bonuses, and a $40k sign-on bonus, most of which will be used to prepay a portion of my loans. I know I have 10 years to pay off the loan, but I'm going to do my best to pay it all off in 5 years. Living and working in the Midwest FTW.

130k Business Major. Graduated in 2009 Drexel University. Work for NASA.

Just got to deal with it. But it's not impossible.

I know to NT it may seem like it is because I drive my Corrolla and not a Maybach and buy 1 pair of shoes a month or so not 15 and wear my levi's jeans not Nudies or APC's but its do able.

130k Business Major. Graduated in 2009 Drexel University. Work for NASA.

Just got to deal with it. But it's not impossible.

I know to NT it may seem like it is because I drive my Corrolla and not a Maybach and buy 1 pair of shoes a month or so not 15 and wear my levi's jeans not Nudies or APC's but its do able.

I graduate this May. My debt (federal + sallie mae) will be about $100-105k
30t6p3b.gif

I started paying off the debt Junior year, paid off a few Gs but thats pennies
30t6p3b.gif

Im Majoring in Business Adm. with concentrations in marketing and management....hopefully it pays off

I graduate this May. My debt (federal + sallie mae) will be about $100-105k
30t6p3b.gif

I started paying off the debt Junior year, paid off a few Gs but thats pennies
30t6p3b.gif

Im Majoring in Business Adm. with concentrations in marketing and management....hopefully it pays off

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I know a dude near 800k in debt, but hes going to be an Endodontist Making like 400k starting once hes done.
There's more to the story... but based on simply what you wrote, your friend is never going to get out of this anytime in his life time. I mean that's like tens of thousands in interest a year alone. And he's not making 400K starting... if he told you that, he's delusional.
I thought my predicted hit was a lot............... but 800K
eek.gif
 is not even conceivable to me... what is his educational history?

I know a dude near 800k in debt, but hes going to be an Endodontist Making like 400k starting once hes done.
There's more to the story... but based on simply what you wrote, your friend is never going to get out of this anytime in his life time. I mean that's like tens of thousands in interest a year alone. And he's not making 400K starting... if he told you that, he's delusional.
eek.gif

I'm in my first year of college, and ready to take on whatever debt comes my way.
Of course I'll be smart in the loans I continue to take, and try to get as many scholarships as possible.
If i rack up a decent amount, I'll try to live at home for a year or two and get it all paid off ASAP.

I'm in my first year of college, and ready to take on whatever debt comes my way.
Of course I'll be smart in the loans I continue to take, and try to get as many scholarships as possible.
If i rack up a decent amount, I'll try to live at home for a year or two and get it all paid off ASAP.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

eek.gif
endodotists do make a lot of money and they can definitely make over 500k/year, but that's if you have your own practice (same with general dentists). I think most endodontists make around 150-300k working in hospitals or clinics...this is still A LOT of money.

to those whos going to law school or business schools, i sure hope you're in a top tier or top 10 school. I always hear new grads coming out of law school not being able to find jobs and end up working as a paralegal or an assistant for 30-50k at a firm

eek.gif
endodotists do make a lot of money and they can definitely make over 500k/year, but that's if you have your own practice (same with general dentists). I think most endodontists make around 150-300k working in hospitals or clinics...this is still A LOT of money.

to those whos going to law school or business schools, i sure hope you're in a top tier or top 10 school. I always hear new grads coming out of law school not being able to find jobs and end up working as a paralegal or an assistant for 30-50k at a firm

Originally Posted by jehims

eek.gif

Not saying they don't make a "lot" of money. But it's still 800K and growing that we're talking about
laugh.gif
. You're basically working to pay it off your entire life. It's 800K+ fam...

Originally Posted by jehims

eek.gif

Not saying they don't make a "lot" of money. But it's still 800K and growing that we're talking about
laugh.gif
. You're basically working to pay it off your entire life. It's 800K+ fam...

Back
Top Bottom