Anyone Here in the Air Force????

So i've been thinking of joining recently and wanted to see how many nt'ers are enlisted and if they like it or not. I'm thinking of going for vehicle and vehicular equipment maintenance. I basically wanna work with my hands and fixing motors or turbine engines. How often would you be able to visit home, how does the salary work, being able to travel etc. I guess i should be talking to a recruiter but i don't wanna be hounded into signing up by going into an enlistment office. Any help would be appreciated. Basically tired of my everyday life here and wanna experience something new.

So i've been thinking of joining recently and wanted to see how many nt'ers are enlisted and if they like it or not. I'm thinking of going for vehicle and vehicular equipment maintenance. I basically wanna work with my hands and fixing motors or turbine engines. How often would you be able to visit home, how does the salary work, being able to travel etc. I guess i should be talking to a recruiter but i don't wanna be hounded into signing up by going into an enlistment office. Any help would be appreciated. Basically tired of my everyday life here and wanna experience something new.

Well I'm in the Air Force DEP (Delayed Entry Program) and I did a @@#%%#%# of research before enlisting...

30 days PAID vacation per year
Salary is monthly and depends on your rank.. E-1 gets roughly $1,500 + housing + food, etc.
Pay chart is here http://www.airforce.com/o...ties/enlisted/pay-chart/

You got any other specific questions? Also.. don't fall in love too much with ONE job because the chances of you landing it isn't all too high.. BUT don't sign if your not interested in the job

Well I'm in the Air Force DEP (Delayed Entry Program) and I did a @@#%%#%# of research before enlisting...

30 days PAID vacation per year
Salary is monthly and depends on your rank.. E-1 gets roughly $1,500 + housing + food, etc.
Pay chart is here http://www.airforce.com/o...ties/enlisted/pay-chart/

You got any other specific questions? Also.. don't fall in love too much with ONE job because the chances of you landing it isn't all too high.. BUT don't sign if your not interested in the job

I've been in for about 9 months and it's nothing like I thought it would be, much more laid back (hence the nickname chAir Force). They definitely take care of their people tho.

I've been in for about 9 months and it's nothing like I thought it would be, much more laid back (hence the nickname chAir Force). They definitely take care of their people tho.

Might as well ask here.

Anyone on NT ever been through OTS/OCS in either the AF or the NAVY?
I've always wanted to be a pilot and I think this is the perfect time for me to give it a shot.

Might as well ask here.

Anyone on NT ever been through OTS/OCS in either the AF or the NAVY?
I've always wanted to be a pilot and I think this is the perfect time for me to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Air Force are a bunch of LAZY mofos.
Chair Force
pimp.gif
. j/k

I'm interested in OTS as well. I'm wondering what happens after completion of OTS though. I understand you become a 2nd Lieutenant but what responsibilities would you have? Maintenance, engineer, human resources, or what? I don't want to be placed in a position where my daily work has nothing to do with my education.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Air Force are a bunch of LAZY mofos.
Chair Force
pimp.gif
. j/k

I'm interested in OTS as well. I'm wondering what happens after completion of OTS though. I understand you become a 2nd Lieutenant but what responsibilities would you have? Maintenance, engineer, human resources, or what? I don't want to be placed in a position where my daily work has nothing to do with my education.

Been in for 13. Got a line number for Master. Should sew on in June. It's taken good care of me and my fam. Salary depends on your rank foremost and then your time in service. I've traveled all over; Europe, Asia, and the US. Right now I'm in Qatar for 3 more months. PM me if you have any more questions.

You can also check out this site if you want.

http://usmilitary.about.c...oining_the_Air_Force.htm

Been in for 13. Got a line number for Master. Should sew on in June. It's taken good care of me and my fam. Salary depends on your rank foremost and then your time in service. I've traveled all over; Europe, Asia, and the US. Right now I'm in Qatar for 3 more months. PM me if you have any more questions.

You can also check out this site if you want.

http://usmilitary.about.c...oining_the_Air_Force.htm

Is there a way where I can be placed at a higher rank with my experience working with aircraft's? I been working on the 777 and 747 structures body join and system installations for 3 years now, I would also, like to see the world as well.

Back
Top Bottom