Anyone here just say F it and up and sold their entire collection?

I did awhile ago, granted my collection wasn't very big i said to myself what the hell am i gonna do with all these shoes in the future. Outgrew J's and sold them all. Have about 6 pairs or so in my rotation that consist of casual shoes and running shoes. Pair of dress shoes too.

Lately I've been thinking of just getting rid of about 95% of my collection. I've got around 85 pair and the majority of them are deadstock. I feel like I enjoy the chase more than the catch and once I have what I'm looking for I just move on to the "next one". It's almost like an insatiable addiction.

I've gotten rid of a few things here and there, and once they are gone I have no regrets and dont think twice about it, but the hardest part is just taking that first step on deciding to let something go.

I even went as far as making a spreadsheet as to realistically how much I could make off my sales. As soon as I see the $ amount I'm all in, but as soon as I flip the lid of the first pair of shoes on that list, I start second guessing myself and just put them back in the closet.

Another thing that holds me back is alot of the shoes I have are OGs or first run retros, and I seriously doubt JB will ever retro them in the same quality again.

Anyway, any of you guys just up and have a fire sale? How did you feel about it afterwards?

personally I haven't, but I have given lots a pairs away to family members and good will. I've slowed down so much in past years b/c the desire isn't there and the hoops we have to jump through just to buy a pair of sneakers is outrageous. Not to mention the price gouging by Nike/JB on these retros.

Truthfully how many pairs of shoes does one man need, especially if you have doubles, and maybe triple of the same pair. Sell the least desirable pairs, and the duplicates. You mentioned majority is still deadstock, so your obviously not wearing them so what would it matter at this point.

Last edited:
I sold all of my Jordans about 4-5 years ago and some of the older shoes I just gave away to Goodwill.

My "collection" of shoes are just generic Nike running shoes like lunar glides and dual fushions, Asics (can't beat the comfort), boat shoes and loafers and they are all bought on sale or with a coupon.  

Nothing special about my shoes. I have about 15-20 pairs but nothing special. I just got the 11's cause I have always wanted them since 2001 but couldn't afford it back then and then I refused to go through the circus of trying to get them. I managed to get them this time because a friend gave me a direct link on finish line that allowed me to bypass the whole "waiting to put it into the cart" and what not. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have even bothered waking up to try and purchase them.

I used to wear only basketball shoes. Now a majority of my shoes are running shoes and I own only one pair of basketball shoes to play indoor. Got them on sale too 
laugh.gif
. I just don't care about "needing or wanting" the next big release. I'm at the comfort/sale point of shoe purchasing.

Last edited:
I downsized. Only kept the pairs I will wear. DS sneakers sitting in boxes serve me no purpose, especially when I could use the cash.

I mainly bought off nostalgia or I wanted but never could get until I was older.  There have only been a few new releases that I actually actually rocked after purchasing, so I sold them for retail + shipping.

I've been downsizing as well.  Sold a lot of non wears....down to about 50 pairs now from 100+.  Don't regret any of it.  

i want to but at the same time i dont want to deal with all these kids trying to scam or come up

I've been hardcore collecting since middle school in '98.

Sold my collections off multiple times. I'm good for awhile and then BOOM I get that itch!

feels batman :smh:

Last edited:
If you're already considering it, do it. At least sell half and see how you feel after that. If you live in the LA area, easiest way to cash out is to bring your collection to RIF and they pay cash on the spot.

RIF eh? Anyone else have any comments on going there? I want to start getting rid of my shoes too.. just wasting 2 closet spaces.

Last edited:
Anyone in baltimore md or close to it my friend has a sneaker store and he buys most shoes in 8/10 condition or higher. If your looking to liquidate your collection and in the area feel free to come thru. Pm me if serious.

im about to put up 90% of it this weekend....

i rarely wear any of it anymore.

i'll keep the ones i plan on wearing or will wear in the near future, but everything else is gone.

I'm down to about 20 pairs from 150+. The main reason I pulled the trigger was because I brought them to a consignment store. I don't think I would've sold if I had to do it on my own. Too lazy and too much of a hassle with flakes and scammers

Been thinking of selling a few pairs to pay something for my car...only thing is I only bought shoes I really wanted almost my grails if you will. So I know ill regret selling them.

Im in the process. As you get older, you start to realize it wasnt a smart move to purchase all these shoes. All that money spent, you could have take the family on a nice trip.

Memories from a trip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A DS pair of Space Jams.

The difference between me and other collectors though, is that I wear my shoes. I only have a few DS pairs but those are recent releases. I dont double up on shoes so whatever I sell, I wont ever see again.

Only problem I have is how to sell these shoes. I dont want to use EBAY because if the fees. The last time I sold $600 worth of kicks on ebay, I ended up forking over 100+ on fees with paypal and ebay combined.

I downsized quite a bit with a good percentage of it going to pay for an engagement ring. I still have around 50 pairs but it's foolish because I hardly ever wear Js anymore maybe once every 6 months. Haven't broken out a new pair in years. I still like having them and I don't need cash or else I'd probably would sell off most of the rest

I would more or less be only happy if someone gave me money for everything I owned. I hate how you have to deal with selling each shoe to different people. I probably only have 30 pairs but with the wear they have, I'd probably wouldn't even get that much from them. I'd be surprised if everything I owned went for 5k. I guess keeping the shoes makes me feel comfortable that I don't have to buy shoes ever again.

Never, especially when they are dropping things ive always wanted now

Serious question. Do you think that your love for sneakers has gotten in the way of advancing in a career or having a family? Don't mean to offend you

Ive sold 15 pairs since 2010, still planning to size down, right now I'm at 40.

Serious question. Do you think that your love for sneakers has gotten in the way of advancing in a career or having a family? Don't mean to offend you

I understand the angle your taking on that question and here's my take:

If I spent half the time I do focusing on things that can make me money, rather than things that I can SPEND money on, I'd be doing much better. I waste so much time and thought on aquiring shoes. At 31 years old now it just is kind of silly to me almost. I have a good paying job that allows me to affor dthe shoes I want, however, with business attire 40 hours a week Im never weaking kicks unless Im at the gym.

Buying shoes is damn near like buying a new car these day - you dont even want to drive it off the lot cause they will immediately depriciate.

It's a pain to sell pairs. Since I don't trust eBay and PayPal and Craigslist is flake city

This. I want to get rid of more than a few pairs but I don't feel like dealing with Craigslist (flakes, low ballers, don't want to get stabbed or robbed, etc.) and Ebay / Paypal (fees, flakes, fraud, shipping). I probably will throw some up on eBay, though. Just to see how it goes.
I'd like to get the number of pairs down to 50.

Back
Top Bottom