Anyone here who doesn't believe in Evolution?

All living things evolve, the planet is evolving. If we do not evolve and adapt, we die, period. Anyone who is in denial of this, really needs to explain their position in a clear and concise manner, if that is even possible.

@+$# you Its That Dude.

As far as I'm concerned Columbus and his crew fell in to the abyss looking for Indians.

The World Is FLAT!

@+$# you Its That Dude.

As far as I'm concerned Columbus and his crew fell in to the abyss looking for Indians.

The World Is FLAT!

OUR DNA IS CHANGING RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK

DAVID WILCOCK SPOKE BOUT THIS ALREADY

THEY CAN TURN FROG EGGS INTO LIZARD BABIES WHEN HATCHED

THIS UNIVERSE SENDS UPDATES IN WAVES & FQ

OUR DNA IS CHANGING RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK

DAVID WILCOCK SPOKE BOUT THIS ALREADY

THEY CAN TURN FROG EGGS INTO LIZARD BABIES WHEN HATCHED

THIS UNIVERSE SENDS UPDATES IN WAVES & FQ

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

If humans evolved from apes why aren't apes still turning into humans today?

This shows people have absolutely no idea how evolution and genetics works.

I don't even know where to start to explain it.

1. You've heard of survival of the fittest no? The traits most adaptive for survival in an environment gets passed on to the next generation and those that aren't die off.

2. Examples of this concept at work= Divergent evolution....start as one species, get separated physically into 2 different environments. In each group traits are selected for that are ideal for survival in each environment and after many generations you have 2 new species.

3. Evolution is a very slow process and takes thousands of generations to create new species. What you said is insinuating that evolution happens overnight.

4. An example of a quicker form of evolution...because microbes have a very short life cycles evidence of genetic shift is easy to demonstrate.

eg. acquiring antibiotic resistance. Microbes and humans are in a constant war of arms, and their way of dealing with out drugs is by acquiring new genes + mutations. (The Red Queen hypothesis)

Cliffnotes:
-Evolution is genetic change as a result of environmental change/stressors
-evolution doesn't happen overnight
-In some species with short life cycles the concepts that govern evolution can be established more rapidly.

I was listening to a NPR story this morning with a guy talking about how the number of microbes on our bodies outnumber the number of cells we have by like 10 i think. He was saying how microbe interactions basically are the larger factor in how we change thru time, not so much on the pure.environmental stress side. He was also talking about fecal culture transplants to help heal people 
sick.gif

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129862107

Yea it's kinda gross but our "normal flora". The bacteria that live on our body are actually protecting us from infections from more deadly forms of microbes. And in our intestines bacteria provide us with some essential nutrients, so it's a symbiotic relationship

Pathogenic bacteria on the other hand and us are literally in an evolutionary arms race. There's a reason why you need a new flu shot every year.
laugh.gif
 Humans think they run this planet.
What do you see happening to us as we evolve with pathogens being so prevalent? Like what type of evolution will this path lead us down?

This is an interesting question because differences in "hygenic conditions" may be the biggest variant of human environmental stressors that could lead to genetic change and possible divergent evolution. The problem is there are very few isolated human populations in the world for this to be possible.

Using malaria as an example we have evidence of the strongly determinant effects of pathogens on our evolution. The sickle cell trait evolved as a defense to malaria . Who else knows how else our genes are changing overtime in response to our other prominent microscopic foes (Eg. the H.I.V. virus). There will eventually be a subset of populations, most likely in places where the affliction is endemic (Africa), that will be resistant to the virus. I suspect this resistance would come with dire consequences as did the sickle cell trait (probably congenital immuno-insufficency).
So it's basically survival of the fittest immune system evolution. Who's genetics can withstand rapid change in the mess of pathogens and non organic cultures which have been introduced into the environment so much more as of the past 100 years...
So we really could have some x-men walking round here pretty soon
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

If humans evolved from apes why aren't apes still turning into humans today?

This shows people have absolutely no idea how evolution and genetics works.

I don't even know where to start to explain it.

1. You've heard of survival of the fittest no? The traits most adaptive for survival in an environment gets passed on to the next generation and those that aren't die off.

2. Examples of this concept at work= Divergent evolution....start as one species, get separated physically into 2 different environments. In each group traits are selected for that are ideal for survival in each environment and after many generations you have 2 new species.

3. Evolution is a very slow process and takes thousands of generations to create new species. What you said is insinuating that evolution happens overnight.

4. An example of a quicker form of evolution...because microbes have a very short life cycles evidence of genetic shift is easy to demonstrate.

eg. acquiring antibiotic resistance. Microbes and humans are in a constant war of arms, and their way of dealing with out drugs is by acquiring new genes + mutations. (The Red Queen hypothesis)

Cliffnotes:
-Evolution is genetic change as a result of environmental change/stressors
-evolution doesn't happen overnight
-In some species with short life cycles the concepts that govern evolution can be established more rapidly.

I was listening to a NPR story this morning with a guy talking about how the number of microbes on our bodies outnumber the number of cells we have by like 10 i think. He was saying how microbe interactions basically are the larger factor in how we change thru time, not so much on the pure.environmental stress side. He was also talking about fecal culture transplants to help heal people 
sick.gif

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129862107

Yea it's kinda gross but our "normal flora". The bacteria that live on our body are actually protecting us from infections from more deadly forms of microbes. And in our intestines bacteria provide us with some essential nutrients, so it's a symbiotic relationship

Pathogenic bacteria on the other hand and us are literally in an evolutionary arms race. There's a reason why you need a new flu shot every year.
laugh.gif
 Humans think they run this planet.
What do you see happening to us as we evolve with pathogens being so prevalent? Like what type of evolution will this path lead us down?

This is an interesting question because differences in "hygenic conditions" may be the biggest variant of human environmental stressors that could lead to genetic change and possible divergent evolution. The problem is there are very few isolated human populations in the world for this to be possible.

Using malaria as an example we have evidence of the strongly determinant effects of pathogens on our evolution. The sickle cell trait evolved as a defense to malaria . Who else knows how else our genes are changing overtime in response to our other prominent microscopic foes (Eg. the H.I.V. virus). There will eventually be a subset of populations, most likely in places where the affliction is endemic (Africa), that will be resistant to the virus. I suspect this resistance would come with dire consequences as did the sickle cell trait (probably congenital immuno-insufficency).
So it's basically survival of the fittest immune system evolution. Who's genetics can withstand rapid change in the mess of pathogens and non organic cultures which have been introduced into the environment so much more as of the past 100 years...
So we really could have some x-men walking round here pretty soon
pimp.gif

I personally refuse to believe in evolution based on what I have seen and understand about science and I choose to believe in creation. I understand there are those out there who believe in evolution and that is their choice.

I have one thing to say about things unseen by people. At one time people largely didn't understand gravity and many other things but there were evidences that it was in existence. Man over time can figure these things out, but at a time it was unexplained. Today there are many things man has not been able to figure out, just because this is so does not mean that the things they have yet to discover "are not there", it just means they have not figured it out yet.

When it comes to science there are many loopholes, something once believed to be fact can be changed yet people will follow science as God. Science as defined by man is not perfect by any means. Man has the ability to "change their minds" on matters and for the most part people just follow and say nothing. Why no outrage about the changes? There are plenty of people who find fault with the Bible and things they feel contradict...

Again, people are going to do their research and believe what they feel comfortable with. I don't feel comfortable and have not seen sufficient evidence that we evolved from apes/monkeys/anything else, so I am going to continue to believe in creation. There are too many things on this planet with their design (humans, gravity, the earth and how it works, instinct, many other things that are intricate and still are not explained by man, if our cells regenerate why do we get old and die?), that mathematically speaking it would be impossible or so improbable that all these things could randomly happen, there must have been a designer to all of this.

I find it interesting that God is held to a different standard than human science when testing out what is right.

I personally refuse to believe in evolution based on what I have seen and understand about science and I choose to believe in creation. I understand there are those out there who believe in evolution and that is their choice.

I have one thing to say about things unseen by people. At one time people largely didn't understand gravity and many other things but there were evidences that it was in existence. Man over time can figure these things out, but at a time it was unexplained. Today there are many things man has not been able to figure out, just because this is so does not mean that the things they have yet to discover "are not there", it just means they have not figured it out yet.

When it comes to science there are many loopholes, something once believed to be fact can be changed yet people will follow science as God. Science as defined by man is not perfect by any means. Man has the ability to "change their minds" on matters and for the most part people just follow and say nothing. Why no outrage about the changes? There are plenty of people who find fault with the Bible and things they feel contradict...

Again, people are going to do their research and believe what they feel comfortable with. I don't feel comfortable and have not seen sufficient evidence that we evolved from apes/monkeys/anything else, so I am going to continue to believe in creation. There are too many things on this planet with their design (humans, gravity, the earth and how it works, instinct, many other things that are intricate and still are not explained by man, if our cells regenerate why do we get old and die?), that mathematically speaking it would be impossible or so improbable that all these things could randomly happen, there must have been a designer to all of this.

I find it interesting that God is held to a different standard than human science when testing out what is right.

I do believe, I transformed from a baby to a monster.

my hair went from black to blacker, skin went from light to light dark. We all evolve. So yea I believe

I do believe, I transformed from a baby to a monster.

my hair went from black to blacker, skin went from light to light dark. We all evolve. So yea I believe

Noah's Ark is the one story in the bible that I get offended that people actually believe in it. COME ON SON
ohwell.gif

Noah's Ark is the one story in the bible that I get offended that people actually believe in it. COME ON SON
ohwell.gif

Evolution is based on 2 factors: natural selection and genetic drift. Most people only think about the former when discussing evolution.

Evolution is based on 2 factors: natural selection and genetic drift. Most people only think about the former when discussing evolution.

Back
Top Bottom