Anyone running Ubuntu?

nevermind I forgot how to put an iso on a disk. i didn't do it right. gonna see how it works now

nevermind I forgot how to put an iso on a disk. i didn't do it right. gonna see how it works now

Ubuntu is IT!!!!

I use Ubuntu as a my primary OS in my heterogeneous network. It works very well with other OS's(Mac, Windows, etc). I use an old desktop with minimal spec as a file server, mail server and web server and it works great. There are plenty of websites, blogs, forums, how-to's etc to learn more about Ubuntu.

Live "Free"

Ubuntu is IT!!!!

I use Ubuntu as a my primary OS in my heterogeneous network. It works very well with other OS's(Mac, Windows, etc). I use an old desktop with minimal spec as a file server, mail server and web server and it works great. There are plenty of websites, blogs, forums, how-to's etc to learn more about Ubuntu.

Live "Free"

Ubuntu is IT!!!!

Live "Free"

Ubuntu is IT!!!!

Live "Free"

notion to change this to an Ubuntu appreciation thread
nerd.gif

Ha, I will when I get it up and running. I ran into another problem last night but had to get up early today so just went to sleep.

but when everything was installing I got to the part where you select your time zone and it wouldn't let me get past that part. I just hit cancel then some how it started up but it was super buggy.
Turned it off then back on, then got stuck and a bunch of different error codes just came up on the screen. I'll try again later tonight when I get home to see if I can duplicate it or if it works now.

I'm using the xubuntu because of how low memory the machine has

Ha, I will when I get it up and running. I ran into another problem last night but had to get up early today so just went to sleep.

but when everything was installing I got to the part where you select your time zone and it wouldn't let me get past that part. I just hit cancel then some how it started up but it was super buggy.
Turned it off then back on, then got stuck and a bunch of different error codes just came up on the screen. I'll try again later tonight when I get home to see if I can duplicate it or if it works now.

I use a linux distro based on Ubuntu, Linux Mint for my parents computer, I had xp in it before, but all the spyware, linux was the way to go. Everything works great, after installing it was up and running with everything in no time. I have xp for my computer, but only because I play games on it, being linux is hit or miss with games, though when games are more multi os capable, then I will make the final move to linux.

The thing I like about linux is you can make it look anyway you want if you are willing to put in the work. Looking on youtube some of the things that people are able to do with ubuntu is just amazing.

I use a linux distro based on Ubuntu, Linux Mint for my parents computer, I had xp in it before, but all the spyware, linux was the way to go. Everything works great, after installing it was up and running with everything in no time. I have xp for my computer, but only because I play games on it, being linux is hit or miss with games, though when games are more multi os capable, then I will make the final move to linux.

The thing I like about linux is you can make it look anyway you want if you are willing to put in the work. Looking on youtube some of the things that people are able to do with ubuntu is just amazing.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

It seems there’s a new Linux distribution every other second these days. Someone takes openSUSE, changes the wallpaper and we get a new distro. It’s ridiculous.

We have the official and non-official *buntus - Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu (sort of), Gobuntu (R.I.P), Mythbuntu, Eeebuntu, Fluxbuntu and Xubuntu.

Not to mention Ubuntu Server Edition, Ubuntu MID Edition, Ubuntu Netbook Remix, Ubuntu JeOS, Ubuntu Studio, Ubuntu this and Ubuntu that.

It’s enough “buntu

It seems there’s a new Linux distribution every other second these days. Someone takes openSUSE, changes the wallpaper and we get a new distro. It’s ridiculous.

We have the official and non-official *buntus - Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu (sort of), Gobuntu (R.I.P), Mythbuntu, Eeebuntu, Fluxbuntu and Xubuntu.

Not to mention Ubuntu Server Edition, Ubuntu MID Edition, Ubuntu Netbook Remix, Ubuntu JeOS, Ubuntu Studio, Ubuntu this and Ubuntu that.

It’s enough “buntu

well damn. looks like I'll be switching to Lubuntu.....I gotta go pick up some more cds

thanks for that bro

well damn. looks like I'll be switching to Lubuntu.....I gotta go pick up some more cds

thanks for that bro

thanks for that bro
might want to buy some cd-rw's instead of cd-r's so you can reuse the same disk if you want to try out another distro.

& you might want to check out this(or other) videos on lubuntu before you install. It's faster than ubuntu but I personally hate how bare-bone it looks & its not as simple to customize as ubuntu

thanks for that bro
might want to buy some cd-rw's instead of cd-r's so you can reuse the same disk if you want to try out another distro.

& you might want to check out this(or other) videos on lubuntu before you install. It's faster than ubuntu but I personally hate how bare-bone it looks & its not as simple to customize as ubuntu

Ubuntu rocks. So much smoother on my laptop then windows 7. Laptop used to make very high sound but not with ubuntu. I have dual boot also with windows 7 and i use that only for San Andreas and Vice City.

Ubuntu rocks. So much smoother on my laptop then windows 7. Laptop used to make very high sound but not with ubuntu. I have dual boot also with windows 7 and i use that only for San Andreas and Vice City.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Whenever my dad lets me either just buy a new desktop or build one, that's what I plan on doing to my laptop. But since it's my main computer now I'm just leaving it as it is because Windows 7 has been great for me so far

Back
Top Bottom