Anyone watch Primitive Technology on youtube?

Yeah, love this guys videos.

When dude made metal from bacteria :wow:

He also bought some land a couple weeks back and "started over".

never seen it
but video doesnt surprise me
africans built the pyramids
invented math
and charted constellations :pimp:
love being black

I think was another thread about this a while back.

But yeah, dude's videos are crazy interesting and strangely relaxing.

I wish I knew as much as dude when I was a kid. Me and my cousins would have built an empire in the island bush

I wish I knew as much as dude when I was a kid. Me and my cousins would have built an empire in the island bush
u would have been able to
if we wasn't taken from our ancestral home
we had the knowledge and tools for this
way back when
but then they had to come and take us from our motherland

I've watched a lot of his videos with my daughters. Metal out of bacteria though? Haven't seen it. Brb.

I've watched a lot of his videos with my daughters. Metal out of bacteria though? Haven't seen it. Brb.

I made a simple mud furnace for the blower. Then I collected orange iron bacteria from the creek (iron oxide), mixed it with charcoal powder (carbon to reduce oxide to metal) and wood ash (flux to lower the melting point) and formed it into a cylindrical brick. I filled the furnace with charcoal, put the ore brick in and commenced firing. The ore brick melted and produced slag with tiny, 1mm sized specs of iron through it. My intent was not so much to make iron but to show that the furnace can reach a fairly high temperature using this blower.

hell yeah, my grandma had a big backyard and it was basically Lord of the Flies out there everyday with me, my brothers and cousins
building shacks and basketball hoops with scrap wood. We could've taken it so much further with these skills. That is until someone got mad that we weren't doing it how they wanted and knocked the whole thing down

id like to recommend
engineering explained
and comics explained
on youtube
both with great info on cars and of course comics
wouldn't be mad if this was the official youtube recommendation thread :nerd:

i feel like it's enough talk about cars and comics in various threads in general
plus those topics tend to take up a lot of the conversation once they're introduced, like sports and music
let's get some more alternative topics goings

i feel like it's enough talk about cars and comics in various threads in general
plus those topics tend to take up a lot of the conversation once they're introduced, like sports and music
i like top 5s videos on youtube........

here's another favorite channel of mine, British Pathe

Nerdwriter1
NoFilmSchool
BX Fight Club (don't think they update anymore)
Binging With Babish
Ozzy Man Reviews

^some good channels

Last edited:
THIS.
There's so much more knowledge and wisdom to discover

check out engineering explained
it explains the technology in the cars
its dope

Back
Top Bottom