Apatment Help!

My NT brethen, i come here with hat in hand...im going to get my own place this january i know its 3 months from now but wondering what are the must haveessentials to have in a apt? is it better to have a roommate to cut the cost? i live in the bay area so i know the rent will cost me an arm and a legthat's why i wanna save up now for the stuff im going to need also how much is too high of a rent for a 1 bedroom?...since it is an apt i can't reallydo any crazy decorations...like paint my wall blue so i gotta stick with poster and stuff...this is what i got right now:
Entertainment System: 360, PS3, Wii, 42inch HDTV Sony Bravia
Sound System: Ipod dock and MBP...not much but not really big on the whole surround sound
Queen Size bed...
whats a good sofa to get?
dining and kitchen stuff?

if any members here that live by themselves post pic of your Apartment thank you!

Yeah pretty much. I have a 2/2, and I live by myself....I went ahead and turned one room into a "man room" w/ my futon, tv, computer, and ipod dock.The other room is just my bed, not much. But I'm usually in my "man room" so I really don't need much in there. I have a sofa/ loveseat anddining room pub throughout hte apt.

...I just take it one step at a time, and focus on things as they come. Next up is a cocktail/ side table for my living room, and some plants throughout thecrib.

Yea I live by myself. 800 Sq Ft. 1 bedroom.

2jd11g8.jpg

Only pic I got online.. I'll take more when I get home tonight

Most places will allow you to paint, so long as you paint it back the original color when you move out.

If you have a friend who wants a place, I would recommend getting a roommate to cut costs. Don't think just about paying less rent, but factor in splittingthe electricity, water, gas, cable, internet, groceries, etc. All the little things add up when you're by myself, if you can afford it and wouldn'tmind being alone, then go for it. If you're concerned about being by myself and getting bored, then consider a roommate.

If you want a good idea of things you'll need then go to IKEA. I'm not saying go and buy everything from there, but look around theirstore/showroom to give you ideas of things you may need, how your space and size may become issues, etc.

Without knowing your budget it's hard to help, a good sofa can be something that lasts you 10 years if it's a quality piece... or you can hunt onCraigslist until you find something used and cheap to save money. Dining and kitchen stuff goes without saying, pots/pans/silverware/dishware/cups/utensils/andso on.

i'd personally live with roommates for the money savings. you can save A LOT of money on the rent plus the utilities (cable, internet, electric, etc.).

obviously, it would probably be preferable to live by yourself, but when you first move out, it's usually not feasible.

get plenty of seating, so you can have people over, and they won't be standing around.
and DON'T split the cost of groceries with a roommate!

Back
Top Bottom