Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Okay, I want to say that I was and still am an Android fan. I have no reason to hide it since I've been an Android user for the last 10+ years and only got my first iPhone last week. Granted, it took iPhone ~10 years to get everything I want/need on it, software-wise, but I will say that I feel like the iPhones have more longevity than Androids. Here's why I think that:

- Aside software, I think iPhone has a unique quality to them that outlasts any Android, dare I even say a Pure Google experience one like the Nexus or Pixels.
- As someone who works with developers, I know the need for a more open system like Android. I've worked for years on that mobile OS and know the weaknesses. I will likely consider a jailbreak for my iPhone as soon as I get some diagnostic tools.
- My primary email platform, Gmail is no longer limited on iPhone. Also, because I run multiple email accounts, having 10+ Chrome browsers is not productive. And has anyone checked their RAM usage the last time they had more than one Chrome tab open? It's utter garbage. The most powerful, feature rich email platforms that are meant for business that fit my needs on OSX, also have iOS apps.
- Every tech startup I've worked for in the last 8-9 years has issued me a MBA. There's no getting around it. Tech companies and tech culture live for Apple products. For what it's worth, my 5+ year old MBA works perfectly as does my 2.5 year old MBA with minor cosmetic issues.
- Apple's support is unparallel. Google can't compete with that because they don't have retail stores where they control the experience from start to finish. When was the last time someone walked into a Google store and a Google associate switched out their Google phone on the spot? /crickets

I still love Android. I have grown to appreciate iOS for all the strengths over the years. Each has their own faults but when folks argue about it like it's a status thing, truly is comical. BRUH, IT'S A PHONE. #justsayin

I have a dbrand skin on my phone now. Used a hair dryer to mold it on my phone and it had treated me well for the past 3-4 months

Just saw this on Facebook.

Are the specs true?

22007388_10101087749624854_7257571721258347739_n.jpg

LOL on paper the specs are true when looking at RAM and core count. However, these numbers seriously mean absolutely nothing and when it comes to performance its actually the other way around when it comes to an old iPhone outperforming a newer Android device.

Apples chip team is farrrr ahead of the best Qualcomm chips and this is shown in the geek bench tests every year. The A series chips are monsters, this years A11 bionic murders the chips in all Android phones in Geekbench scores. In fact, the A10 on iPhone 7 and 7+ are comparable to the current offerings from Qualcomm chips in most Android phones.

geekbenchiosmulti.jpg

geekbenchandroidmulti.jpg

These are just multicore results also, in single core tasks the old *** iPhone SE outperformed the galaxy S8.

Im Not even trying to **** on Android phones as I believe they have a lot of pros but I just hate stupid meaningless graphics and the numbers they want to point out when in reality the iPhone chips have been far superior for years now due to the SOC optimization between software and hardware. If Android fanboys want to bring out those numbers as some kind of advantage they need to be put in their place and educate themselves lol.

Last edited:
Does Verizon still let you upgrade with the traditional 2 year contract subsidies? One of my lines is eligible and when I try to do it online it doesn’t give me the option for a lower 2 year contract price

Does Verizon still let you upgrade with the traditional 2 year contract subsidies? One of my lines is eligible and when I try to do it online it doesn’t give me the option for a lower 2 year contract price

From what I understand they've removed that option, its either payment plan or buy the phone outright now. Could be wrong though but thats what I was told last time I spoke with someone at Verizon.

From what I understand they've removed that option, its either payment plan or buy the phone outright now. Could be wrong though but thats what I was told last time I spoke with someone at Verizon.

Wtf that’s some ******* ********

Wtf that’s some ****ing ********

Technically, you were actually paying more for the phone on a 2 year subsidy. Carriers were just trying to hide it as other fees. For ATT, it was "Data Access" fee. I found as much as a $400 difference between the 2 year subsidized and the monthly installment

Technically, you were actually paying more for the phone on a 2 year subsidy. Carriers were just trying to hide it as other fees. For ATT, it was "Data Access" fee. I found as much as a $400 difference between the 2 year subsidized and the monthly installment

Hmm

And if you can't sense sarcasm
true to certain extent. But phone carriers still lost money on subsidizing phones that they pretty much pay full retail for. Only for customers to leave their contracts and keep/sell their phones

Someone selling me a 7+ 128 gb for for 400.....always In a case an screen protector, pretty much new. Making me reconsider dropping 1200 for the X

I’ve been using iphones for a while now and just enabled imessage a few weeks back, but don’t really see what all the rave is about. I don’t even know what the differences are. Then again, I’m a simple man, if the phone can send text messages, that’s all good for me. :lol:

Sends Messages Over The Internet VS The SMS System. Sending Over Internet Sends Faster & Allows Larger Files (High Quality Video & Pics) Without Sacrificing Quality, That’s Why Androids Pics & Videos Are Trash Because They’ve Been Down Graded To Be Sent Over SMS

Someone selling me a 7+ 128 gb for for 400.....always In a case an screen protector, pretty much new. Making me reconsider dropping 1200 for the X

Buy it, and sell it for $600. Or when the X releases, your carrier may offer you more than $400 towards the new phone to trade in that 7 plus.

i have that same phone and went on the verizon website to see how much i can get they offered $320 for it. So $400 is about right to sell it on the street.

Back
Top Bottom