Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Tried that. Then remembered that I'm in a family plan with my moms.

I wonder if they'll pull her credit instead? Damn will I even be able to purchase using my credit card :frown::
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm on a plan with my sister and if I was to go through Apple I'm guessing they'd pull her credit since she's the account owner/holder or whatever it's called.

Pre-approval is only available if you're already enrolled in the upgrade program |l looks like it'll be a L for me

I wonder if I could pull up to an Apple Store and get pre approved/enrolled in the upgrade program.

Pre-approval is only available if you're already enrolled in the upgrade program |l looks like it'll be a L for me
i kept playing with the app until i figured that out lol. it’s not really a loss unless you really need the phone.

i’m excited though. i usually get a new phone when there’s a big enough change in design. went from the 4 to the 6+ and now i’m ready for the x. the 4 had antenna issues and my fancy case didn’t work on it. the 6+ had bending issues but apple replaced my phone for free. wonder what kind of issues the x will have :lol: being the first one to get the phone is not a huge deal for me. i can wait. prefer not to but it won’t hurt me if i have to wait.

Hopefully I can get lucky enough to get a X on release day. Coming from a 6+ I'm sure the difference would be significant. I always upgrade on the new model and not the "S" version. 7 and 8 weren't enough to wow me.

I'll be at Disneyland next weekend for my nephews birthday and it will be the perfect opportunity to test out the new camera. Aint getting my hopes up tho lol but it'll be nice

Man I’m about to just show up a few hours before opening at Verizon smh. Say I got the doodoo runs or call in late. It’s been slow at work anyways lol.

I was able to go through the preapproval process earlier today through the app. But does anyone know what it looks like when we are trying to buy on Friday? Will it pop up in our carts? Or do we still have to go through the process of adding, but skip the approval stuff?

Nah, the T-Mobile ones are definitely unlocked. And now, after checking again, it appears that any X purchased outright will come unlocked, regardless the carrier.

V7FV0Xk.png

mvWU8WK.png

OPUfedL.png

06GDOn8.png

Don’t know where you’re getting your info, but that definitely isn’t the case for iPhone 6, 7 and 8. https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

And this info is on the Apple website (cellular and wireless section): https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/specs/

Two different models. One doesn’t support CDMA (i.e. the AT&T and T-Mobile models that can’t work with Verizon and Sprint), which is how it’s been the past few years. Unless that’s one of the international/Asian country models. We will see, though. I just think right now, since there’s still some ambiguity, i’d definitely recommend to go for the Verizon and sprint models if you’re paying outright.

I wonder if I could pull up to an Apple Store and get pre approved/enrolled in the upgrade program.

Nope. :ohwell:

I was able to go through the preapproval process earlier today through the app. But does anyone know what it looks like when we are trying to buy on Friday? Will it pop up in our carts? Or do we still have to go through the process of adding, but skip the approval stuff?

It’ll pop up in your cart automatically, and you just gotta check out without going through the approval stuff. Same thing happened with the 8.

I`m gonna be pissed if they make it where nobody but ppl on the upgrade program can cop

I`m gonna be pissed if they make it where nobody but ppl on the upgrade program can cop

I mean...the program was kinda targeted at Apple loyalists. Why not give them the advantage or at least a slight leg up to streamline the process?

late registrant late registrant did you already try to register in store?

No, I’m already enrolled. The pre-approval process is a benefit for current enrollees. If you go in to a store today, you have to buy a phone to become an enrollee. No just out-right pre-approval. I believe when you pre-order, though, it’ll give you an option to do the program in-store when you go to pick it up, if I’m not mistaken. And I think you can still pre-order a phone, choose the one-time payment option, and elect to enroll in the program when you pick it up if that’s not the case.

How many of yall are doing pre-orders through the Apple app compared to waiting for deals from the major carriers...

I see Sprint is offering $300 on the X for trade ins...

I mean...the program was kinda targeted at Apple loyalists. Why not give them the advantage or at least a slight leg up to streamline the process?

No, I’m already enrolled. The pre-approval process is a benefit for current enrollees. If you go in to a store today, you have to buy a phone to become an enrollee. No just out-right pre-approval. I believe when you pre-order, though, it’ll give you an option to do the program in-store when you go to pick it up, if I’m not mistaken. And I think you can still pre-order a phone, choose the one-time payment option, and elect to enroll in the program when you pick it up if that’s not the case.
Can I order the phone without buying the whole thing straight up AND enroll in the program at the same time?

Which one do I chose if I'm paying outright full price and not making any changes to my plan?

I forgot what I chose when I bought a new phone two years ago.

IMG_6506.jpg

Can I order the phone without buying the whole thing straight up AND enroll in the program at the same time?

That’s what I’m not 100% sure about. I know right now you can choose an iPhone 8 in the app and choose to do the program in store. But I’m not sure that option will be available right away for the X during pre-order, but it will be eventually. But if you order it outright and pay the 1k, you can “return/exchange” the device in-store to do the program. This is probably what I’m gonna have to end up doing, since I’m on an Apple employee plan through Verizon, and they don’t allow pre-orders. :stoneface: :sick: needless to say, I’m heated.

I will try to find some answers.

Which one do I chose if I'm paying outright full price and not making any changes to my plan?

IMG_6506.jpg

Second option.

IMG_6506.jpg
does selecting either option matter? looks like the same options either way....

Back
Top Bottom