Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
anyone ever have issues after getting a screen replaced??

took my phone 5 for a glass replacement yesterday.

picked it up and everything was working fine when I left.

woke up to my phone overheating and powered off.

now it freezes at the apple screen and shows an error message :smh:

Anyone ever have a similar issue? Is it fixable or did they just crap out my 5??

think your phone is done for bruh :smh:

SMH .. crazy.. (Sorry if posted already, did not go back in the thread)

They'll just need to re-engineer it, focusing on the point of interest where it fails, and release a stronger one next year.

With that being said, I'm still copping da 6+ :smokin

only way they can fix it is using different metal or make it thicker.

people ignore the fact that the 5/S is made of same metal and it would bend. not as bad but a lot of people and 5's that were bent. aluminum is soft especially when its a thin phone.

kinda sucks but w/e

There's a lot of things you can do to reinforce a specific point, other than using different and/or more material.
Using different material is one of them.

apple aint trying to do that srs :lol:

they want to keep the phones thin and lightweight. the bending is on the user which if apple even says anything on the subject thats what they will say.

If Note 4 had iMessage it would be a wrap. I love iPhones and the high powered Android phones. Basically the Note series. Seems like the only Android phone that is dope across the board. Battery, screen, functionality, updates :nerd:, camera etc.

I just wish it was reasonable to own both.

Anyone ever have a similar issue? Is it fixable or did they just crap out my 5??

:smh: going back today...

hope you're wrong.

sounds like your iphone has some hardware problems m8.

I've done plenty of screen replacements on iphones and I've never encountered any of these, ever. Only problem I've recently was a backlight problem after I replaced the screen on my ipad 2. But yours sounds like a some components were damaged during the replacement...

Have you searched online for a possible solution?

Android users are the most insecure people on the planet. They raid Engadget posts on iOS/Mac daily just to make sure their voice is heard, and troll various threads in many forums on the web. Any iPhone topic and they gotta reply

While some Apple users may do the same, android users are FARRRRR more annoying and consistantly try to make themselves feel better by bashing the other OS.

I don't care if your phone had such and such feature.. Fact is Apple waited and did it right.

You know what I like about my iPhone?

- it works when I want it to work
- I don't have to pull batteries when my system locks up CAUSE IT NEVER LOCKS UP

:pimp:

Do you realize how ironic your post is?

Do you know what ironic means?

If I posted this in the android thread then it would be ironic but it's not.

I do know what ironic means.

To answer my own question about whether or not you realize how ironic your post is, it's obviously no.

You're participating in a conversation about how insecure "Android fanboys" are, yet you still felt the need to justify your purchase in the very same post. You say Android user are consistently trying to "make themselves feel better by bashing the other OS." And then you go on implying that Android phones doesn't work when you would want it to work and that they regularly lock up and require a battery pull.

And then you bash Samsung, saying they're pathetic for advertising on Twitter. Stop posting. I'm sure your own team is facepalming right now.

:smh: going back today...

hope you're wrong.

did you do it at the apple store? or some kiosk/store? if its the latter, those dudes are grimy and wont do anything for you :smh:

best of luck man but doesnt sound good from what you said

Just ordered the 6+ in gold. Wanted to wait a bit but I'm tired of my old *** phone. Can't wait any longer. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the bend.

People think Bert. Bert. is black? :rofl: I always pictured him as Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump, minus the basketball skill.

Last edited:
It bends after a few hours of being in your pocket? Don't leave it in your pocket.  Ya phone bends? bend that ***** back. 

Zyzz how you gonna have 700 posts in here and not even own the phone? Quit trolling.

trolling? i mean what do you want me to do :lol: i ordered the damn thing, if i could go to china and pikc it up i would :lol:

at least i saw em in person and played with em

Just ordered the 6+ in gold. Wanted to wait a bit but I'm tired of my old *** phone. Can't wait any longer. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the bend.

People think Bert. Bert. is black? :rofl: I always pictured him as Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump, minus the basketball skill.

my old name prior to this one was actually Billy Hoyle :rofl:

not the OG Billy with his spelling

If Note 4 had iMessage it would be a wrap. I love iPhones and the high powered Android phones. Basically the Note series. Seems like the only Android phone that is dope across the board. Battery, screen, functionality, updates :nerd:, camera etc.

Andriod, iiPhone and most other phones can download "what's app". Same thing as iMessage where all texts are free if the other person has that app. It's probably even better just cause you can text to an Andriod phone with and iPhone and it should be free.

http://www.whatsapp.com/download/

And this whole bend thing is still a pretty bad Apple design. I know people can prevent it with a case but it's something that should have never existed for the most part. Designers should be smarter than that when making a slim phone. Obviously the first thing you want to test is it's durability. Even LG has that curved phone and they even ran test where you can sit a weight on the phone to make it straight and when you take off the weight, it will actually bend back. I just hope Apple allows you to return it if this happens.

some inconsistancy's in the video posted yesterday on youtube

In the unboxing therapy video, the iPhone shows an earlier time AFTER the bend than during the bend. During the bending, the iPhone says 2:26 pm, while after the bending it says 1:59 pm.

iphone1.png

iphone2.png

It could very well be the phone was actually bent with much greater force before we saw him bend it with his bare hands. This could've made the material weaker and easier to manipulate with less force. At any rate, it does not add to the credibility of this video.

These videos are all about getting views. If you look at the TLD video, the iPhone barely bends which is not surprising since the video is sponsored by the case maker Spigen.

What we need is a professional, independent investigation on multiple phones that measures just how much force is needed to deform the phone until the change is permanent. Right now it's just a bunch of scary campfire stories as far as we're concerned.

On this (first to appear?) picture why is the infamous protruding camera ring BELOW the antenna lines?

140922050801245750.jpg

Andriod, iiPhone and most other phones can download "what's app". Same thing as iMessage where all texts are free if the other person has that app. It's probably even better just cause you can text to an Andriod phone with and iPhone and it should be free.

NOT the same thing.

only people that think it's the same thing are android users.

whatsapp is a separate app, imessage is integrated into the messages app and automatically knows if the other person has an iPhone. it just works so well and you can make free calls around the world (facetime audio) and obviously video.

even google tried to do the same thing with hangouts but it's not even close to the same thing.

Last edited:
You know why most people aren't successful in life..

Cause they spend all this time and energy on useless bickering of which phone is better instead of doing something productive to benefit themselves.

You know why most people aren't successful in life..

Cause they spend all this time and energy on useless bickering of which phone is better instead of doing something productive to benefit themselves.

ya.. all the trolls in this thread. have nothing to do but sit around all day and overclock their phones so they don't stutter while playing flappy birds :rofl:

sounds like your iphone has some hardware problems m8.

I've done plenty of screen replacements on iphones and I've never encountered any of these, ever. Only problem I've recently was a backlight problem after I replaced the screen on my ipad 2. But yours sounds like a some components were damaged during the replacement...

Have you searched online for a possible solution?

Haven't researched it yet. Literally woke up this morning at 5AM to my phone overheating and powered off. (Wasn't on the charger).

When I took it in yesterday, dude told me to come back in 30 minutes.

Came back in 45 and the tech working on it said he was having some issues. Says it's normal. Usually one of the cameras becomes displaced.

Waited it out and phone was working fine when I left.

Going back during my lunch break to see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom