Are the Countdown Packs made directly to target for casual wear?

i wouldnt ball in any retroes simply because of their price and they are mainly for casual wear IMO. Ive always preferred other types such as lebron or kobes

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Hey, if you got the cash, you can ball in them with no qualms... but that's kinda how it's always been with J's, hasn't it? With the always high retail prices anyway, that's how it's been for me.

Amen, I've played ball in alot of my j's, retro or og and haven't had problems with performance. they get beat up but bottom line is THEY'RESHOES. If you don't want them to get messed up don't wear em.

I doubt many would want to ball in them. Reason being is that the packs aren't exactly easy to get, plus since they're limited, for that amount ofmoney, you'd probably wanna take care of them. I'd agree that they are moreso for casual, even though they are basketball sneakers.

Past retros & numbered Jordans would be fine to play basketball in though (excluding some retros).

Jordan's are freaking basketball shoes, end of story. I ball in all my J's retro or OG. Some are better than others obviously, but nothing beatscruising onto a court for a league game or even pickup, and rocking concords or some cement IV's. I played in my 23's last week, and might break outthe black/red XI's, or my custom black cat IIIs to break some necks.

There an average price. $155 each pair.

But I think they are more for casual wear. I wouldnt want to mess them up playing ball. I usually use some nikes or some beater Jordans to play ball in.

They are for casual wear no doubt in my opinion!!

You want to hoop cop nikes no disrespect JB!!

It is what it is!!

J's 19 and up are perfect kicks to ball in. Im not saying the others arent but 19 and up have much more technology = better performance + comfort

i have balled in all of my jordans including retroes from the past year
if i get my hands on the carmine pack i will prolly ball in those too
im not taking 2 pairs to school and risking getting 1 pair stolen, damn theifs
smh.gif

and they are basketball shoes
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

21's are a great balling shoe..I hooped in my Mars last week, and they werent too shabby on the court

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that liked balling in my XXI's...

Yeah I think they're made for casual use. The non-retro and team lines are made for ballin...

IMO the countdown XVII-up will be great baliin kicks. I'd never ball in any of the other cdp jays.

Stephen Jackson and many NBA players wear the retro jordans....S JAck himself wears the flip 3s, the orange/white 8s, the spizikes.....that beiong said he alsowears the 12.5s......i think if they are good for NBA players, they re fine for you guys to hoop in.

Originally Posted by snkrftsh74

I don't know...ask this guy:

26621b8c33d5025882a3b6a25f1acb42-getty-76075634ae011pistons_blazers.jpg
Well of course he's ballin in em...dude's a JB sponsor. His paychecks allow him to ball in damn near any shoe he wants. Dude would probablyrock an OG 3 Jordan if it was wearable on the court just to promote.

For all other cats, if your money isn't big time like that just rock em casually. Nothing wrong with that at all and Nike makes alot of basketball sneakersthat offer good value for way less. Just my thoughts....

alot of the technology in retro jordans is outdated. more recent nike shes like lebrons, kobes, etc, have better/more advance technology. so i would say mostretro jordans are for casual wear, but i guess if youre confortable wearing them to ball, then why not

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

At $310 a pop I wouldn't be wearing these on the court at all, but that's just me. Jordans have become fashion kicks that just so happen to be related
to basketball. I don't even ball in my XX3's because I don't want the shoes to get all roughed up for the price JB charges.

I'd ultimately say they're best enjoyed if you wear them casually. Jordans are not always easy to come by so a better basketball shoe I'd suggest
would be a Kobe, Lebron, or Team Jordan related sneaker.

I have worn several retros for basketball. Flint 13s and Playoff 12's are both pretty good. Playoff 8's didn't have good lock down fit around myankle area so I didn't like them, but they're decent. I don't mind playing in Jordans, even if I paid 100+ for them, I think that's whatthey're originally made for, and that's what MJ did with them. IMO the older Jordans look good for casual wear (1, 3, 4, 5, 11) but the rest have toomuch going on with all the designs and technology and look better on the court with basketball gear.

most if not ALL retros are brought back for casual wear...

if they wanted people to hoop n retros why would they make new BB shoes?

Originally Posted by king jay XI

they are a targeted for people who want to buy them... Why would JB care what they do with 'em after
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...EXACTLY..dey dont give a flyin f*ck what we do wit dem. if im payin 310, you betta believe im rockin dem

Back
Top Bottom