Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Country built on what??? They came here for tobacco and freedom from taxation. Please don't tell me people actually believe that "religious freedom" stuff we learned in the 5th grade

It's in the constitution to keep your religion to your damn self for crying out loud :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone here read Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation? It's a great book.

Been meaning to but haven't gotten the chance to yet. Not the biggest Sam Harris fan but he's on point with what he says so much of the time :lol:

Last edited:
Country built on what??? They came here for tobacco and freedom from taxation. Please don't tell me people actually believe that "religious freedom" stuff we learned in the 5th grade

It's in the constitution to keep your religion to your damn self for crying out loud :lol:

In God we Trust bruh. One nation under God.

Religion is out of school, but it's still a Christian country.

[quote name="Freeze"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Freeze"][quote name="PLVN"]Why?

You think that because he's atheist he doesn't want a peaceful coexistence? :lol:[/quote]No because he's athiest, he thinks they're all wrong.[/quote]The peace symbol is one of the signs in 'COEXIST'.

You think he thinks peace is wrong?[/quote]No I don't think he thinks peace is wrong. I just think it's confusing to wear symbols of factions you don't believe in, even if you're doing it to mean something else. I like the idea of it, I've seen the coexist bumper stickers. But ultimately he still has a cross and and a muslim crescent, and the star of david on his arm. It really is a hippie way of thinking, just telling people to play nice doesn't address the problem that they have with each other.[/quote] No, I get it, but it CAN be that simple. The fact that it's not is exactly why I tapped out. The reason it's not so simple is because too many people think that their beliefs dictate the actions of others.

"I believe gays are wrong."

At that point, I got no problem with you. I disagree, but don't have a problem, and peaceful coexistence is possible.

"I believe gays are wrong, so you and you and you are going to hell, and shouldn't be allowed to marry."

Now I've got a problem.

"I believe god gave me and my peers that land."

No problem. That's just a belief. I disagree, but peaceful coexistence with our different beliefs is possible.

"I believe god gave me and my peers that land, so you and you and you will be removed, or we'll fight."

Problem.

Last edited:
[quote name="Freeze"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Freeze"]People with faith have no fear of speaking on their faith[/quote]Yet I keep hearing all this talk of religious people being persecuted. :lol:[/quote]Well I take that back. They should have no fear, but people of different religions have faced penalties all through history. The syrians face a ton right now. Religion has always been one of the basis of war. It is less prevalent in America though. It's a country built on Christianity.[/quote] False.

John Adams (2nd President) said this later in his life:

"Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

James Madison (4th President) said:

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

Also said, "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

Ben Franklin:

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, I think the System of Morals and his Religion has received various corrupting Changes, and I have some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon."

But those are all just quotes from founding fathers. This is actually in the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

That makes it perfectly clear that the government is NOT to respect religion. It also makes it clear that the government is not to step in the way of private practices of religion, but that's not the discussion. We're talking about the country being founded as Christian.

Nope, not according to the Constitution, or the thoughts of the founding fathers. [quote name="Freeze"][quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"]Country built on what??? They came here for tobacco and freedom from taxation. Please don't tell me people actually believe that "religious freedom" stuff we learned in the 5th grade

It's in the constitution to keep your religion to your damn self for crying out loud :lol:[/quote]In God we Trust bruh. One nation under God.

Religion is out of school, but it's still a Christian country.[/quote]'In God We Trust' was added to money in the 1950s. Look it up.

Same with 'Under God' in the pledge.

Here's the original, written in 1892 by Francis Bellamy:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Last edited:
[quote name="Freeze"][quote name="lobotomybeats"][quote name="Freeze"]It is less prevalent in America though. It's a country built on Christianity.[/quote]Not true at all.[/quote]Explain how Christianity isn't the leading religion here visually and how each president use the word God in their campaigns[/quote]Majority rules? You're claiming that?

Sillyputty seemed like that annoying new atheist that won't shut the **** up about it. He's like the kid that did a semester abroad and now properly pronounces it Budapesht just to raise eyebrows.
You do know he has been posting in this thread right
He's back?

Thought he left NT for reddit.

Haven't got the vibe he's returned. Granted all of his SNs sillyputty/FutureMd, etc. definitely had a specific posting style when it came to these topic which was different from when he was mostly posting in the music forum.

Lobo's comment about doing a semester and learning new **** and then immediately using it kind of fits.

Last edited:
amen to that. Very truths[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji] people come and go in your life but God is always there!!!

...of course a make believe friend is always there...

False.

John Adams (2nd President) said this later in his life:

"Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

James Madison (4th President) said:

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

Also said, "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

Ben Franklin:

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, I think the System of Morals and his Religion has received various corrupting Changes, and I have some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon."

But those are all just quotes from founding fathers. This is actually in the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

That makes it perfectly clear that the government is NOT to respect religion. It also makes it clear that the government is not to step in the way of private practices of religion, but that's not the discussion. We're talking about the country being founded as Christian.

Nope, not according to the Constitution, or the thoughts of the founding fathers.
'In God We Trust' was added to money in the 1950s. Look it up.

Same with 'Under God' in the pledge.

Here's the original, written in 1892 by Francis Bellamy:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Didn't think this needed to be explained but thank you for saving me the time to have to post it

Freeze, Christ isn't the only God. That's my point.

You're a good dude, but you're being outclassed in this thread.

Originally Posted by Legalsole  
Originally Posted by youngwolf  
Exactly.
Aha this back in forth is hilarious.

I saw the irony right away.
For real? Because he already apologized for the presumption it takes to have seen the irony.
The irony is still true.

You're slamming someone for doing something according to their beliefs, while praising someone that does something according to your beliefs. 

It would be like a Seahawks fan getting upset when Aaron Rogers does his celebration, but praising Lynch when he does his crotch grab. 

Last edited:

In God we Trust bruh. One nation under God.

Religion is out of school, but it's still a Christian country.
All things the founders never condoned or said.

Educate yourselves and find out when those things started being said and rubber stamped on everything. Same goes for the President ending his speeches with GOD bless America.

It is less prevalent in America though. It's a country built on Christianity.

Not true at all.

Explain how Christianity isn't the leading religion here visually and how each president use the word God in their campaigns
That is not the same thing as saying America is built on Christanity. You can't honestly think what you originally said and what you're suing now is interchangeable.

Also, not every president use the word GOD in their campaigns the way you're suggesting if you want to be literal.

Last edited:
Yall keep dropping them fact bombs, and freeze gonna have a lifechanging breakdown in this thread

Reactions: OTG
[quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"][quote name="Freeze"]Explain how Christianity isn't the leading religion here visually and how each president use the word God in their campaigns[/quote]For votes?[/quote]Right? How is that not well known?

"Prove the country was founded on god."
"Politicians always say 'God'."

*facepalm*

Right? How is that not well known?

"Prove the country was founded on god."
"Politicians always say 'God'."

*facepalm*

Lol

Notice how politicians say God...... BUT that don't say which God, the method of contacting said God, or what a blessing is. That's not by accident

My Mans
pimp.gif

Last edited:
The Continental Congress, which gave us the Declaration of Independence in 1776, convened for the first time on September 7, 1774.The first legislative action taken was a motion to open this first session in prayer.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!

Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen.

Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m. [2]

Last edited:
So they prayed.

Awesome.

The fact that they prayed further strengthens the point that country was NOT founded on Christianity, because it shows that some of them had beliefs, but NONE of those beliefs made their way into what matters: the paperwork that laid the blueprint.

It is less prevalent in America though. It's a country built on Christianity.

Not true at all.

Explain how Christianity isn't the leading religion here visually and how each president use the word God in their campaigns

You didn't say leading religion...you said the country was built on Christianity as if the constitution doesn't explicitly mention the seperation of church and state :lol: .

In the first amendment:

Last edited:
So they prayed.

Awesome.

The fact that they prayed further strengthens the point that country was NOT founded on Christianity, because it shows that some of them had beliefs, but NONE of those beliefs made their way into what matters: the paperwork that laid the blueprint.
Not necessarily Christianity. They were a hodgepodge of Episcopalians, Quakers, Anabaptists, Presbyterians, and Congregationalists. But what you believe does affect your perspective which in turns influences everything you do and dont do.

It would be safer to say they were believers in a conscious creator and recognized they were under that authority. Thats why God is always present in government efforts but no characteristics or attributes are accredited to Him in any way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom