Arizona Thread? Desert NTers, Check In

hi AZ folks. my friend and i are rolling into town this weekend for spring training/suns blazers game and wanted to see if I could get any recs on things to do/restaurants.

This is what I have so far:
Defalco's Italian Grocery
Papago Brewing
Four Peaks Brewing
Pizzeria Bianco
High Point Shoes
Might hit up mill ave to go out and downtown scottsdale.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Mill Ave and Old Town Scottsdale will hold you down. I live in Tucson but when I'm up in Phoenix I always go tubing down the Salt River. You can rent a tube for pretty cheap and its always a good time. Roosevelt Lake is right next to it too

image.aspx

Mill Ave and Old Town Scottsdale will hold you down. I live in Tucson but when I'm up in Phoenix I always go tubing down the Salt River. You can rent a tube for pretty cheap and its always a good time. Roosevelt Lake is right next to it too

image.aspx

Thanks!

So here in Phx now since moving from Mpls 3 months ago and enjoying the weather and having to wait until the Fall to attend ASU.

Can anyone recommend me a good bike shop in Phx?

So here in Phx now since moving from Mpls 3 months ago and enjoying the weather and having to wait until the Fall to attend ASU.

Theres a few bike shops in Tempe on University between Mill Ave and Farmer St

Yooo I just drive up from Tucson to Phx. When did this 101.1 station pop up??!! I was shocked to hear eric sermon, ATCQ, to school boy q and everything in between

Bicycle Haus in Old Town Scottsdale

The Velo in Downtown PHX

Last edited:
hi AZ folks. my friend and i are rolling into town this weekend for spring training/suns blazers game and wanted to see if I could get any recs on things to do/restaurants.

This is what I have so far:
Defalco's Italian Grocery
Papago Brewing
Four Peaks Brewing
Pizzeria Bianco
High Point Shoes
Might hit up mill ave to go out and downtown scottsdale.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Good list - I would hike Camelback Mountain or Squaw Peak as well. Even worth it to go halfway if you're not a hiker... crazy views.

Yooo I just drive up from Tucson to Phx. When did this 101.1 station pop up??!! I was shocked to hear eric sermon, ATCQ, to school boy q and everything in between

I was thinking the same exact thing awhile ago when I drove up, love that station.

Didn't know about this thread, just got stationed at Luke, trying to get adjusted to not having any local sneaker enthusiast friends

Didn't know about this thread, just got stationed at Luke, trying to get adjusted to not having any local sneaker enthusiast friends

Roll thru High Point in Scottsdale and Pound For Pound in Downtown PHX. Some legit sneaker enthusiasts over there.

Last edited:
I need some input. Been in AZ for a year now and I'm trying to make my first sneaker purchase since being out here. What should I expect? Do stores still do raffles? Open early?

I need some input. Been in AZ for a year now and I'm trying to make my first sneaker purchase since being out here. What should I expect? Do stores still do raffles? Open early?
Call around try High Point , Been had those and pound for pound all of them do something different good luck
wink.gif

Lines out here aren't as crazy as other parts of the country for the bigger releases. I don't really buy sneakers like that anymore but the few times I do I am usually able to walk in and get them without hassle. You'll never catch me camping out for kicks though

I'll have to go to the local mall I guess to kinda get a feel like yall said. I brought a nice size collection with me when I moved here but I haven't picked up anything new since. Where I came from, dudes had to camp. They kinda got away from that now where they do raffle tickets. I just didn't know the culture out here. Thanks for the tips.

Six months here I really like Stevens shoe on East Thomas. All the shoes in there brought me back to my high school days. Not into shoes like that right now but I like the older stuff and it was cool finding that spot.

Arrowhead Towne Center mall in Glendale is getting a Foot Locker House of Hoops. Should be opening sometime in mid-July.

The Tucson Mall just got a House of Hoops last year. It's a cool store, prices a little too much for me though

Placed a call into Foot Locker at Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale, they said the House of Hoops will open July 23.

Back
Top Bottom