Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

3341894351_2db1f7dc45_o.jpg

http://illroots.com/2009/03/09/asher-roth-la-di-da-live/01. Lark On My Go Cart [Prod. By Oren Yoel & David Appleton]
02. Blunt Cruisin' [Prod. By Oren Yoel]
03. I Love College [Prod. By Mike Carren & Ben Allen]
04. La Di Da [Prod. By Don Cannon]
05. Fallen [Prod. By Novel]http://illroots.com/2009/03/08/asher-roth-be-by-myself-live/
06. Be By Myself (Ft. Cee-Lo) [Prod. By Orel Yoel]
07. She Don't Want A Man (Ft. Estelle) [Prod. By Oren Yoel]
08. Sour Patch Kids [Prod. By Oren Yoel]
09. As I Em (Ft. Chester French) [Prod. By Oren Yoel & David Appleton]
10. Bad Day (Ft. Jazze Pha) [Prod. By Oren Yoel & David Appleton]
11. Lions Roar (Ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil' Wayne) [Prod. By Oren Yoel)
12. His Dream (Ft. Miguel) [Prod. By Oren Yoel]
13. Nothing You Can't Do [Prod. By Nottz)
Courtesy of illRoots.

Release date: April 20.

I don't know who Oren Yoel is, but after hearing "Lark...", I expect great things.

"As I Em."
roll.gif

Its dope to see Oren all over this album he produced one of my favorite songs from last year "Shine On" by Tiron and have always been interested inhearing more from him.

For some reason I like this guy. He's not trying to be something he's not...he's just himself.
I'll pick up the album for sure.

dont like the guy.. think i love college was a wak $$@ song anyone could've made.. easy easy easy pass on that cd

one of the guys who graduated a few years back in my fraternity made the video for lark on my go cart... so ill cop the album.

when i heard him perform LA DI DA on that spring break !+#*, i was like woooow
pimp.gif
that song is sooo nice, and it was live...cdq must be so smooooth.

song got me hyped for his album cant wait
pimp.gif

I think Asher genuinely seems like a cool guy not to egotistical for the most part and unafraid to be himself. This actually has the makings of a pretty goodalbum.

There may or may not be an "As I Em" snippet out there somewhere.
I was in 7th grade when I heard the Slim Shady LP/ Yea, my mom brought it down when I was ironing… irony/ Getting out the wrinkles, just a little kid in middle school/ Sink my teeth into anything, to think I'm cool/ Riding the bus, I feel the rush from I Still Don't Give a @@#!/ I wish I could agree, but I've already had enough/ I've already given up, from playing the same game/ Every interview, feel like I'm saying the same thing/ Em was great, yea he paved the way for me/ He was inspiration for everyone from A to Z/ But they keep relating me, I can't get away, chasing me/ Now the masses think that Asher wants to be a Marshall Mathers/ They say "Asher's not a rapper, nah his !*% is just an actor"/ Cause we have the same complexion and similar voice inflection/ It's easy to see the pieces and reach for that connection/ Each second of every minute, each hour of every day/ I'm constantly on defense, defending my own name/ Explaining we're not the same / There's not much that I can say, except that I'm sick of it/ Critics, I've only sparked up a flame, it's on…

Ahhh...So weezy is on the album.
I thought he got replaced for busta ryhmes for a second..
Anyways Heard snippet of As I Em....sounds nice

I was in 7th grade when I heard the Slim Shady LP/ Yea, my mom brought it down when I was ironing… irony/ Getting out the wrinkles, just a little kid in middle school/ Sink my teeth into anything, to think I'm cool/ Riding the bus, I feel the rush from I Still Don't Give a @@#!/ I wish I could agree, but I've already had enough/ I've already given up, from playing the same game/ Every interview, feel like I'm saying the same thing/ Em was great, yea he paved the way for me/ He was inspiration for everyone from A to Z/ But they keep relating me, I can't get away, chasing me/ Now the masses think that Asher wants to be a Marshall Mathers/ They say "Asher's not a rapper, nah his !*% is just an actor"/ Cause we have the same complexion and similar voice inflection/ It's easy to see the pieces and reach for that connection/ Each second of every minute, each hour of every day/ I'm constantly on defense, defending my own name/ Explaining we're not the same / There's not much that I can say, except that I'm sick of it/ Critics, I've only sparked up a flame, it's on…
grin.gif
It was gonna happen regardless, I don't see why he can't just accept it and move on. Prove it through your music instead ofcomplaining about comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom