Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

I just listened to the entire album.

What a disappointment.
grin.gif

IDK how i feel about it.... I'm feeling a couple of the songs... after seeing the video for I love college I thought dude was a cornball.... but the albumisnt bad

Its a lot better than hearing Rick Ross rap about cocaine for a third album straight

Not saying that The new Ross album isn't good... but man that cocaine rap gets old

Just listened to whole album.....

Wow.. I love college was the "craziest" song, everything on that album is so SOFT.

3/10.

What do dudes really expect Ash to rap about?

I think those disappointed with the album would rather hear an album of Ash rapping like 'I Like College.' Rapping about getting drunk, smoking weed,and just rapping 'fun.' A combination of 'Lark On My Go-Kart' and 'I Love College.' Quirky lines and something people can relate to,ie, getting wasted/going to college.

Thing is though, tracks like 'Sour Patch Kids,' 'Lion's Roar' and 'His Dream' really showcases Asher's flow and depth as anartist. This album, IMO shows that dude isn't a gimmick. Yeah, he's white, but dude really puts his best foot forward and does an album that does'him.'

Production is top notch, and at the end of the day, I think people who weren't checking for Roth to begin with, myself for example, would come awaypleasantly surprised how well this album is. Better than expected.

Those who didn't give him a chance, won't now, ie, Em stans.

I know KLJ was checking for dude early and was disappointed, so, I dunno how this album fares amongst them dudes who were anticipating.

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

listenin now, will update

You better buy it on 4/20 if people don't start buying albums then people like him will fall off, and selling 100k is going to be the goal, cats won'teven dream of platinum anymore.

The Greenhouse Effect
His A Millie
His verse on Change Gonna Come
His "freestyle" on Enuff's show

I expected BIG things.

The album is terrible.

It's a cool album.
Good music.

Kinda feel bad for dude, this will flop and be slept on.
Nobody wants to hear about what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Kinda feel bad for dude, this will flop and be slept on.
Nobody wants to hear about what he's talking about.

Dude whether his album flops or not, you should not be feelin bad for him.

He is living the life right now, and itll only get better. Money, girls, fame, he might not get record sales but his life is nothing to feel bad about.

I been listening to this dude since last summer when GreenHouse Effect dropped and I like him. Something new and different than what everyone is used to.

I've had the cd since it leaked and I can honestly say I'm buying it on my way to class tomorrow. Great artist and I got to see him live with Lupe
pimp.gif

Honestly, I hated dude for the longest time, but I gave the album a chance yesterday and he really surprised me with it. Nice work Asher.
Blunt Cruisin'
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Greenhouse Effect
His A Millie
His verse on Change Gonna Come
His "freestyle" on Enuff's show

I expected BIG things.

The album is terrible.
That basura mixtape should've been your first hint. With that said the album is solid imo, this coming from someone who thinks dude was trashlike Cudi. Right now he's in my average category. The beats he managed to get help him. He'd probably have a better career if he joined ChesterFench(they'd give him more buzz and probably make him sound even better than he actuall is).

after first listen through. i was left with the feeling of emptiness lol
it wasn't bad but it wasn't great. its just okay thats cool

I went to my local Target to pick it up today and those bums didn't have ANY. It wasn't even listed as a new release.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom