Asian Men Turning Red When Drinking

Im Asian and turn red very easily after drinking. I take a Pepcid AC before drinking and I don't turn red at all unless I drink excessively.

Yeh, poppin bottles and turning red after 1 drink sucks
mad.gif
I can smoke allday and function perfectly though

I guess my ancestors smoked the pipe instead of sippin the bottle..

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i get red but no where near drunk

people get the impression if you are blushing you are drunk
yup. people always thinkin your all f*cked up cuz your red, but i get mad red after 1 beer.
whatever though. more puffin and less sippin
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

there's a way around it I dunno what it was? maybe it was pepcid AC
that also
zantac 75 (150 will mess you up in the long run)
tums

those are the only ways i know i take em 45mins before i drink. it helps. also it depends on how red you get normally too

i turn red after a beer. ugh. pepcid prolongs you from turning red though, so it helps me a bit in my case.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It's the pigmentation of our skin color. We get flushed red due to the increased blood flow since alcohol thins the blood.

It's also why Asian babies are bright red when we're born.

indifferent.gif

no

http://www.pubmedcentral....render.fcgi?artid=303676

Many Orientals lack the mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) activity responsible for the oxidation of acetaldehyde produced during ethanol metabolism. These individuals suffer the alcohol-flush reaction when they drink alcoholic beverages. The alcohol-flush reaction is the result of excessive acetaldehyde accumulation, and the unpleasant symptoms tend to reduce alcohol consumption. The subunit of this homotetrameric enzyme was sequenced and the abnormality in the inactive enzyme shown to be a substitution of lysine for glutamate at position 487. We have used the polymerase chain reaction to determine the genotypes of 24 livers from Japanese individuals. Correlating genotype with phenotype leads to the conclusion that the allele (ALDH2(2)) encoding the abnormal subunit is dominant.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It's the pigmentation of our skin color. We get flushed red due to the increased blood flow since alcohol thins the blood.

It's also why Asian babies are bright red when we're born.

indifferent.gif

no

http://www.pubmedcentral....render.fcgi?artid=303676

Many Orientals lack the mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) activity responsible for the oxidation of acetaldehyde produced during ethanol metabolism. These individuals suffer the alcohol-flush reaction when they drink alcoholic beverages. The alcohol-flush reaction is the result of excessive acetaldehyde accumulation, and the unpleasant symptoms tend to reduce alcohol consumption. The subunit of this homotetrameric enzyme was sequenced and the abnormality in the inactive enzyme shown to be a substitution of lysine for glutamate at position 487. We have used the polymerase chain reaction to determine the genotypes of 24 livers from Japanese individuals. Correlating genotype with phenotype leads to the conclusion that the allele (ALDH2(2)) encoding the abnormal subunit is dominant.

I don't know what any of that meant
happy.gif

*Isn't it bad to refer to Asians as Oriental?

thats soo funny how yall asians be all red!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my viet boys always be bright red 3 shots in. Its fine though!

and im black if that matters! being too tan to turn colors ftw!
pimp.gif

i'm white, i turn red kinda.. more rosey lol.. especially when i drink wine, i can feel my cheeks getting hot.. smh

you have inferior genes. lemme school yall:

it's not ethanol that give you the "asian glow"..it's the metabolite of ethanol after being converted by ethanol dehydrogenase: acetaldehyde.

you get red because you lack the enzyme to break down acetaldehyde (acetaldehyde dehydrogenase).

pepcid ac works by deactivating ethanol dehydrogenase...meaning you wont have acetaldehyde in your system (well not really, just a lot less of it).

the con of taking pepcid ac before drinking is that you'll have ethanol flowing in your system for a longer time without the acetaldehyde to give you thedrunken feeling.

Back
Top Bottom