Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Thanks for the pics, they look great. I pre-ordered my Captains Blue Camo GLIII for $121 shipped (discount code, one-time use) so I'm pretty happy with that. Seems like the newer GLIII are retailing for $100 and if I ended up having to pay tax + shipping it'd be about the same anyway.

I have a feeling it'll be a situation where as soon as it gets posted that a store has them in-stock they'll be sold out, kinda like what happened with Kill Bill Saga or the navy/orange GLIII (not sure of any other recent non-collab releases that went quick) although I think these are way more popular. I don't feel like I have to be on my toes and checking constantly if I want to get these so even if I paid $20 extra, that's really no big deal.

Yeah you got a good deal with that discount code, I preorder mine awhile ago for like $160 shipped. Was kinda upset when I saw that End had them for like $140 shipped or whatever but I'm just glad I got a pair secured and DNT have to worry about when and who is going to get them.
If you see in the pic with 5pairs he's already reselling them, so it's going to get ugly.

I guess I'll be active in this thread now ha. I've heard these are suppose to release as a Christmas pack, anyone know anything about them?

If they end up in FTL then yeah, you have a great shot. Saw 6 or 7 different GR pairs sitting while i was in NYC.  Seems like people only want collabs, didn't even see anyone wearing them around the city...Where are all these pairs going?!?!?!?! 
Set this thread to instant alert closer to release date though because you'll need to be quick on the trigger if FTL doesn't get em.

yeah, i check the thread a couple times a day. i cant imagine THAT many people beasting these though. even if i do have to pay resell (doubt it), what are they gonna go for? $140-160? in that case, its like i did a preorder too, but at least someone can feed their family because of me. i know im gonna get a lot of heat for seeming like im condoning reselling, which i dont, but a worst im paying what some of you have already paid.

i just feel like you guys are the ones bringing the hype by saying this general release will sell out, omg resellers, bla bla. if theyre indeed general release, then both foot locker and foot actions will be getting them soo..

I guess I'll be active in this thread now ha. I've heard these are suppose to release as a Christmas pack, anyone know anything about them?

Yeah posted those a week back. Apparently they're part of a Christmas pack along with the pair in the background. Not sure about numbers but I'm guessing pretty limited as the materials look pretty high end. I'm guessing a late November early December release.

if you put in a lil bit of effort these will be fairly easy to cop at retail. if you fail, you didn't try hard enough

i just feel like you guys are the ones bringing the hype by saying this general release will sell out, omg resellers, bla bla. if theyre indeed general release, then both foot locker and foot actions will be getting them soo..

What's the definition of general release for Asics though? Were, for example, the navy/orange GLIII a GR? What about the Kill Bills?
Those mostly showed up at Boutiques and then Nordstrom or a few of the usual suspects, were the widespread released at Foot Lockers or Champs, HOH? I don't remember, I just remember it getting a little ridiculous in that a spot would get posted that had them and they sold out quick.

Those were better quality than the GRs at Foot Locker or whatever that are still sitting. These camos at least appear to be more like those navy/orange GLIII or Kill Bills than the FTL GR so it just seems like numbers might be the same. Until there's concrete info, my contention is that these camos are WAY more talked about and widely liked than either of those...seems like everyone that's weighed in likes them. In addition, you know resellers are well aware of the interest in them so they're gonna buy up as much stock as they can.

I hope there are a ton of them, they are a great shoe and rival and Kith or other collab IMO and I personally think they look better. I couldn't care less who does or doesn't get them in terms of being one of the lucky few, I just think they look really good. I'm just saying the way things have gotten, don't be surprised if these are a lot tougher to end up with at retail unless you've got a lot of time on your hands to constantly wait for them to drop.

Last edited:
and don't kid yourself, even if they are a GR, an asics GR is much smaller than a nike GR (and i doubt very seriously these will be a true GR up in footlockers and stuff)...

but these have been talked about since the beginning of the year, easily one of the most anticipated asics releases of the year, i'm sure they're gonna be harder to cop than kill bill's...

that's why i went ahead and did the end pre-order... just in case they end up being a pain in the @$%...

and don't kid yourself, even if they are a GR, an asics GR is much smaller than a nike GR (and i doubt very seriously these will be a true GR up in footlockers and stuff)...

but these have been talked about since the beginning of the year, easily one of the most anticipated asics releases of the year, i'm sure they're gonna be harder to cop than kill bill's...

that's why i went ahead and did the end pre-order... just in case they end up being a pain in the @$%...

I get what you're saying, but I agree with the other guy. Talk like this only motivates the beasts and resellers. By projecting that these will be more "limited" than whatever other pair, only entices these resellers even more. But we are a community and we'll help each other get the pairs we need/want....or am I totally off?

just reality, man...

nobody was in here saying all this about the kill bill's, and for some reason they got beasted on...

the talk in here makes little difference, i'm just calling it like i see it.

Good but not that good i thought. Like any other GR with Suede this year.

Color is much brighter in real.

Back
Top Bottom