At one Point.....Tmac and Kobe were on the same level

on some nights, it would be a toss up on who would be better...

but today, Tmac no longer can be held on that high standard

He can no longer compete, he's always injured

So why is he still being voted on to the All Star team?

He is one of the leaders of all-star votes, i can't remember the last time he played a full season.

this is ridiculous...he hasn't even played a game this season

fans need to let him go...its sad to say but he's this generations Grant Hill...

Had so much potential, but in the end, could not stay healthy

I agree with some of what you saying.

T-Mac used to be my favorite player on Orlando.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i said it then and i will still say it Kobe was always better then Tmac.

02-03 season and a couple seasons after that, Kobe was Tmac's competition, vice-versa

I would agree to that Penny comparison, but Penny (to my memory) wasn't a straight scorer, more of a PG

hence the Grant Hill comparison

He used to be one of my favourite players, now I haven't heard anything about him for a couple seasons.

Remember when he dropped 62
pimp.gif

He could flat out play, but then he just dropped off completely

I don't beleive you without all that proof you required of me.
laugh.gif

with the way i bash McLady now you ever think i was a fan?
laugh.gif
thats mysteve nash right there

Exactly...T-mac fans are the only ones whoever thought he was on Kobe's level. Even at his best, he wasn't the complete play that Kobe is.

McGrady & Kobe were debatable back in his Orlando days. Even though I always though Kobe was better, TMac being compared to him was never out of thequestion.

Now, its clearer to who won that "battle". That aside, I still think McGrady could make a good comeback & be a solid player.

Bigmike23 wrote:
with the way i bash McLady now you ever think i was a fan?
laugh.gif
thats my steve nash right there

And yet you have the AUDACITY to question my bashing of Oden over Durant. Like, seriously?
laugh.gif

T-Mac was close, but never quite on Kobe's level.

T-Mac used to drop 50 in 3 quarters like once a week. I forget the exact year, but I had, for some reason, NBA League Pass for free for longer then the usualpreview. And I was lucky to catch a string of games where he was going for 35+ every single game and they were all blow out wins.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Tmac=Penny Hardaway....and I feel like im insulting Penny lol
You are...
smh.gif
tmac>penny

i swear some of ya on this board ride penny's nuts way too hard, and probably weren't even old enough to watch him play. don't get mewrong, penny was a great player, but he had like 5 good seasons and was playing with shaq. tmac was putting up numbers basically by himself in orlando, andpeople are underrating what he has done in houston. yea, he's a second round virgin, but how many times was his team favored to get out of the first rd(just like kg when he was in minny. heck, even grant hill hasnt made it out of the first rd)

kobe was always a better complete player, but offensively, they were very comparable during his orlando days.

There's both a thread about the All-Star votes and an NBA Season thread, just post it in there, otherwise this is just an A > B thread

The man lead the league in scoring for two years, was All-NBA first team two years, second team three years and 3rd team 2 years. The man also once averaged1. 9 blocks per game, no small feat for a guard (obviously his height and length helped him but still). He has an evoultionary type of skill set, he justnever seemed to put "it" all together for whatever reason.

Plus, the man might have been the greatest video game player pre Bron. I swear he was a absolute menace in 2K2
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

T-Mac used to drop 50 in 3 quarters like once a week. I forget the exact year, but I had, for some reason, NBA League Pass for free for longer then the usual preview. And I was lucky to catch a string of games where he was going for 35+ every single game and they were all blow out wins.
False. He has but it wasn't often count his total 50+ games.

Back
Top Bottom