At what moment did people take Cardi B's music serious?

This is crazy to me.
laugh.gif

Nicki better watch out.

lol I said literally the same thing last night. I remember hearing bodak yellow and I thought "man no one would ever listen to this"

Fast forward to every single female screaming that *** at the top of their lungs when it come on. **** wild

I have no idea, but I binged her music a couple days ago and she sounds much better rapping than talking :lol: seems like she truly grinded and used LHH as a platform. Combine that with Nicki fatigue and that fact that Nicki has been ice cold other than on pop features, you have Cardi B's natural rise. Even BET is turning the page on Nicki.

lol I said literally the same thing last night. I remember hearing bodak yellow and I thought "man no one would ever listen to this"

her flow literally sounds like she's reading it off a lil iPhone screen.

it sounds waaay better when she hits da faster crescendo.

^^^ This followed by bodak yellow. Offset killed lick

:lol: man I just asked my homegirls this this past weeknd. I legit wanted to know was she rapping prior to LHH or did she start after after she got popping. Hearing people speak about her music so highly had me confused because I don't know if they just want to see her win cause she's likeable or they really mess with the music. I think bodak yellow trash but everybody lives that ****, but it do go in the club.

I will say I haven't seen a club full of bad chicks rap to a song with so much conviction since diamonds verse on knuck if you buck. it truly is a sight to see. Even the fake bougie/uppity chicks love that song. :lol:

I was thinking this same question last week when one of my co-workers was listening to that Bodak Yellow song. He was listening to it and I was like....."Who is that?" Then he played another song and I was surprised that she can spit a little.

I was going to make this thread yesterday when I saw "Bodak Yellow" is now the #49 song in the country lol.

She's coming for Nicki's lane as long as she stays likeable. Women are all in on her aesthetic....and they're willing to give the music a chance and push. No matter how awful it is.

Thought she was garbage until "Bodak Yellow". **** is a damn hit. Lowkey can't believe it.

Played Bodak several times over on the way back from the gym today. **** is great.

I always wanted to see shorty win but now I'm a legit fan.

Back
Top Bottom