Athletes who are known for being owned by another athlete

How about the Colts' secondary (mostly Tim Jennings, Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey) by way of Brandon Marshall when he caught 21 balls last season?

Denver still lost, though.
laugh.gif

Only about 1/5 of the posts in here got it right. Read the thread title, it isn't "Random instances in sports where one athlete owned another athlete". It went from being semi-interesting to just repetitive and mundane.

As an accurate example, Joe Frazier falls into this category in terms of how he's perceived by your average sports fan.

Only about 1/5 of the posts in here got it right. Read the thread title, it isn't "Random instances in sports where one athlete owned another athlete". It went from being semi-interesting to just repetitive and mundane.

As an accurate example, Joe Frazier falls into this category in terms of how he's perceived by your average sports fan.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Roddick by way of Federer is the best answer so far.
In my opinion, I don't agree.  I think for Roddick, if anything, he's known more to be a 1-slam wonder and a massive underachiever.  Yeah, Fed has 4 wins on him in GS finals, but I think when people think "Roddick" they don't automatically think "oh Fed owns him".  If anything, Rafa "owns" Fed even more, with a 14-7 overall head-to-head and 5-2 in GS finals... though in fairness, Rafa isn't "known for owning Fed", while Fed isn't "known to being owned by Rafa".  Just my 2cents.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Roddick by way of Federer is the best answer so far.
In my opinion, I don't agree.  I think for Roddick, if anything, he's known more to be a 1-slam wonder and a massive underachiever.  Yeah, Fed has 4 wins on him in GS finals, but I think when people think "Roddick" they don't automatically think "oh Fed owns him".  If anything, Rafa "owns" Fed even more, with a 14-7 overall head-to-head and 5-2 in GS finals... though in fairness, Rafa isn't "known for owning Fed", while Fed isn't "known to being owned by Rafa".  Just my 2cents.

Back
Top Bottom