Atlanta NTers remember him? vol....5 years ago today

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by SShanique

Miranda is just a warning, dear. It does not grant anyone a right to an attorney. Trust me. I'm a lawyer.
wink.gif
but u said you was an officer...what are you????
A lawyer is an officer of the law.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Miranda is just a warning, dear. It does not grant anyone a right to an attorney. Trust me. I'm a lawyer.
wink.gif

well my baby girl, a miranda warning is to inform miranda rights

miranda rights is a conjunction of many rights granted by the constitution

Yeah, but Miranda, itself, does not grant the right to an attorney.  The guy said Nichols' defense and attorney were paid for by the state, because of his Miranda rights.  Then he proceeded to recite the familiar warning.  These are 6th Amendment rights, NTers.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

wink.gif
but u said you was an officer...what are you????
indifferent.gif

but damn i remember this story, five years flew by. 

An officer of the law is either a lawyer or a judge. You guys are thinking of police officer. Why the heck would my little self want to be a police officer???

An officer of the law is either a lawyer or a judge. You guys are thinking of police officer. Why the heck would my little self want to be a police officer???

what?
and a police officer is not an officer of the law?

stop trying to make yourself look impressive by correcting people who are not wrong for being rational.
Hell I can call myself a public servant and at the same time be the president of the united states.

what?

stop trying to make yourself look impressive by correcting people who are not wrong for being rational.
Hell I can call myself a public servant and at the same time be the president of the united states.
I dunno....this "girl" might be the BIGGEST troll in the history of trolls.

i remember this..i was down at the greyhound station trying to get away from the mass of people trying to sell me a bottle of water...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

what?

I dunno....this "girl" might be the BIGGEST troll in the history of trolls.

So, you suggest a girl who's 4'11" and 95 pounds be a police officer?  Wow.
ohwell.gif

And while we are on this topic, if I remember correctly, a small woman police officer is the person Brain Nichols took a gun from, beatdown, and allowed to escape the confines of the courtroom, killing other people.

what?

I'm speaking in the legal context.  I don't know what police officers call themselves.  I did not go to the police academy.  I never said anything about being a police officer, so I don't know where that guy gets his crap that I'm lying from.  And from what I have studied, there are only 2 officers of the law, laywers and judges.  Because laywers are officers of the law, a judge can waive their taking the oath before testifying in court.  I've never seen a judge do that for a mere police officer.  These are two different professions/titles we are talking about.

what?

I'm speaking in the legal context.  I don't know what police officers call themselves.  I did not go to the police academy.  I never said anything about being a police officer, so I don't know where that guy gets his crap that I'm lying from.  And from what I have studied, there are only 2 officers of the law, laywers and judges.  Because laywers are officers of the law, a judge can waive their taking the oath before testifying in court.  I've never seen a judge do that for a mere police officer.  These are two different professions/titles we are talking about.
wait what? you speak so highly of yourself to address a cop as a mere police officer and all your legal lingual as if people don't know what you are talking about which we do.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/law+officer

you call yourself a lawyer and you dont understand simple layman terms?

Back
Top Bottom