Attn: HOOPERS! New basketball and duffle? bag help needed.

Hey all!

Time for me to get back into Basketball, so I'm going to need a new basketball and bag to take my stuff in to the games.

I'm after some suggestions/recommendations on which indoor ball is best to get (ie- what do the NBA players use?), and also suggestions on a new bag.

Are players using backpacks these days? or do most still take a duffle/gym bag? - doesn't need to be stupidly big, just able to fit some clothes, my ball shoes, drink bottle and the ball..

I'll probably look to get one off eastbay, so if anyone can give me some reviews/recommendations from what's there, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

How do you fit a ball, shoes and accessories into a backpack?

Ball? Wilson Evolution but I know a lot of people prefer TF1000.

So basically your asking us "hoopers" what gear to get so you look good in the gym. Make sure to get some limited edition Elite socks, padded arm sleeves on both arms and Nike Pro Combat shirt, shorts and compression shorts.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So basically your asking us "hoopers" what gear to get so you look good in the gym. Make sure to get some limited edition Elite socks, padded arm sleeves on both arms and Nike Pro Combat shirt, shorts and compression shorts.

+ headband + newest Jordans and your swag will be on hunnid thousand.
tumblr_lgzfmo3bdf1qgq4mu.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So basically your asking us "hoopers" what gear to get so you look good in the gym.

Na. I look good regardless.

I just like to use the best of what's available and curious as to what others are using since I've been out for a while.

Ball go with tf-1000

Bag idk

And why are dudes here so mad. Dude never mentioned kicks, shorts, etc. just a damn bag
laugh.gif

NBA ball really isn't that nice for pickup, IMO. Can't go wrong with the TF1k.. but my fav has been the Molten FIBA ball.

Wilson Evolution and Solution are the best. Don't get a TF-1000

I don't know anything about a bag though cause I just use my backpack and put a ball in there. I wear my shoes to wherever I'm playing at.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Hell no!  Evolution is the best ball out. 

i had this basketball dilemma a few weeks ago. decided to go with the tf-1000, but i might go ahead and get an evolution now anyway. much better ball imo.

I got one of those Kobe back packs that I use from time to time. I think mine is the style from 2 years ago. Put dang near everything in there including your ball. However, I have been using a generic red eastbay duffle bag for a little bit instead. I like the TF but prefer the evolution ball over it. The ball I bring to the gym is just an indoor anaconda sports ball that I got for $20 through a tip from NikeTalk. lol.

pimp.gif

Don't bring it to the gym and expect folks to wanna play with it unless its broken in first though...

Regular TF-1000. Feels like how a basketball should be made...leather

I hate the Evolution, too slippery for me. Feels too fake.

I am a big fan of The Rock and Baden balls.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

pimp.gif

Don't bring it to the gym and expect folks to wanna play with it unless its broken in first though...

Ball sucks. If it wasn't an NBA ball, I would probably never hoop with it. I've had mine yrs and it's still hard and slippery. The Rock by Anaconda Sports is legit too, www.anacondasports.com and
laugh.gif
at you hoopin

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Hell no!  Evolution is the best ball out. 

I usually bring my evo and tf to the gym with me 
grin.gif

I prefer using the evo when i'm working on my shot alone, but the tf for ctual games. the TF has a nicer grip to it and truer feel, but I just love how soft the evo is for shooting. that and the evo is much less forgiving (read: bouncier on the rim) than the TF, so it helps me dial in my shooting a bit more.

and the ZK is pure trash, search around for the regular TF.. i have a bunch that i "found" at tournaments over the years
glasses.gif
. i've seen batches of nice broken-in tfs on eBay that coaches get rid of for cheap, just make sure they haven't seen the pavement

and yes, the nba ball is complete boo boo. i heard somewhere that they're broken in by designated ball simps for a very long time before they ever are used in-game. it must take hundreds of hours, because every official game ball i've ever used not only felt like plastic, but was brought by the scrubbiest scrub at the gym  
laugh.gif

Yall are trippin'...
laugh.gif
A broken in NBA ball feels waaay better than those "slippery when wet" synthetic balls... Especially the Evolution.Ill admit though, a store bought NBA ball feels terrible straight out the box... But one thats seen some NBA action or has been properly broken in feels great... The sweat from your hand makes the ball stick to your hand instead of it being slippery. Thats why the NBA scrapped those crappy synthetic balls that they tried to use in 06...

And what is a broken in synthetic ball?... Synthetic balls only get worse when being used. They're made to feel "broken in" straight out the box... Its all down hill once its played with.

anyone know a good site online that still sells the og TF-1000 and will ship international?

I want one soon and all I can find are the ZK.
eyes.gif

I'm confused.

Is this the original here:
(made from composite leather)?

or are you guys talking about one no longer made/produced that was full leather.

499371049_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom