Aussie travelling to USA help a mate out.

G'day guys, I made a thread on the old NT before it changed names and everyone was real helpful - was hoping to start it up again to get some more information and lock it down.

I'll be travelling to your fair country starting at the end of March and I have never been, it's quite a dream for me to come as I am a huge sporting fan - namely NBA. I'll be in America for roughly 7 weeks, travelling with my girlfriend.

San Fran 5 days

Vegas 5 days

LA 7 days

Orlando 3 days

Miami 3 days

New York 7 days

Washington 2 days

Dallas 2 days

I've read all the travel websites but I was hoping the good mates of NT could provide me with a more personal and intriguing look on the cities i'm visiting, things to do, things to see, venues to see some good music?

Couple of questions regarding the NBA, is it best to get my tickets in advance or just rock up on the night? Any one had any experience with scalpers (do you call them that?), Ive already locked some sweet seats for the Clipper/Laker game but I have more games I wanna see...also anyone got any experience with courtside seats? do you get any special privileges? Can you meet the players anyway?

Not sure how I can repay anyone but can relay back some good info on Australia, i've lived here for 10 years now and have been all over it. Appreciate anyone who reads this and helps me out, Cheers.

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about finding an Australian NTer to do me a favor.

I need the game of thrones season 2 blu-ray that was only released over there. 

Can you get it for me and ship it? I'll pay for it.

Sorry I can't help you with your trip because I don't see "Cornfields in Illinois 2 days" on your list.

I think you should be good. Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned.

...any royal AJ1's still left in aussieland?
nerd.gif

i wish i can help but your not stopping in Philly on your vacation but all i can say is ENJOY your trip and be safe fam

LMAO, beat me to it. 5 days in Vegas is to long just so you know. I would suggest cutting 2 days short and spending 2 days in chicago

Agreed, 3 days in Vegas is probably the max. Orlando and Dallas are mediocre, I'd try to fit San Diego/Orange County and Downtown Chicago in your itinerary.

As far as scalpers, it's a good way to buy tickets if you're willing to hold out and potentially get a good deal. Otherwise just go thru eBay, StubHub or that teams ticket office.

Typical perks of floor seats are free food, beer and it's incredibly easy to heckle/chat with the players. Also, usually some pretty fine women sitting around the lower level. It will probably run you around $750 or more at an average game for floor seats. I'd go with row 5 for around $150-$200 per seat.

Last edited:
appreciate the guys that answered, i think one of the days listed in vegas will be a tour of the grand canyon - Will hopefully be able to survive, see if you Americans party hard.

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about finding an Australian NTer to do me a favor.

I need the game of thrones season 2 blu-ray that was only released over there. 

Can you get it for me and ship it? I'll pay for it.

Sorry I can't help you with your trip because I don't see "Cornfields in Illinois 2 days" on your list.

Are you talking about the one with the eggs? Those would be sold out man. They were a limited release down here.

I think you should be good. Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned.

...any royal AJ1's still left in aussieland? :nerd:

My brother scooped up 2 pairs today. They asked him if he wanted more pairs :lol:

Are you talking about the one with the eggs? Those would be sold out man. They were a limited release down here.
I didn't know they had a season 2 with eggs.

the one I'm talking about is just like the best buy special editions except it has a yellow cover with a stag in it. I'm on my phone and a I can't find a pic..

Hey mind picking me up a pair of those Royal 1's? Im a season ticketholder for the Golden State Warriors and exchange i can give you a pair of tickets when you come to San Francisco. PM me man i have pretty good seats! Let me know if your interested.

I could help you out when it comes to your trip to S. FL, but in return I too would also like to inquiry about getting a pair royal blue 1 (Willing to pay the cost +).

However I'd recommend skipping the trip to Orlando and heading straight for the tri-county area down south, way more things to get into. PM me if SRS

This guy is asking for help and miss he is getting bombarded with inquiries about some royal ones :lol:

Orlando is cool for three days depending on what you doing. There is a lot to see for a tourist especially if you are going to theme park ie. Disney, universal studios.
You can else go to downtown Disney, city walk and if you are looking good to shop there is plenty stores at the outlets.

Orlando sucks unless you're going to the amusement parks and even then I'd just do a day or two. Maybe you should do a fee days in San Diego.

When I went to Sydney one of the people I met out there was going to Hawaii, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Bahamas and another place in Europe I can't remember then back to Au. Living must be great out there.

If this is the same guy that made a thread in June, then disregard. If not, this is what I wrote about tourist stuff to do in New York

I loved The Intrepid as a kid. It's a decommissioned aircraft carrier in the Hudson river. It's an airforce museum now.
hit Chinatown,
hit Soho,
Little Italy is losing ground, but it's still worth a tumble.
Doubt you're into shopping, but your girl might like Macy's on 34th. It's right by the Empire State building.
The Highline is a former elevated train remade into a park.
Gracie Mansion (where the mayor lives) is in Carl Schurz park, with a great walk on the east river.
You get a nice view of Queens/Roosevelt Island. You could ride the tram to Roosevelt Island.
You can get great views walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. If you like steak, there are several land marks throughout the city.
Keens is my favorite, but Peter Lugers is great if you want to go to Brooklyn. It's just across the east river. The Old Homestead is the oldest steak joint in the city.
The Village is worth checking out.
The Central Park Zoo is small, but pretty cool.
If you feel like going up to the Bronx, Arthur Ave is a must for Italian chomp and the Bronx Zoo/Botanical Gardens are right over there as well. Not too difficult to get to from Manhattan. I love the Bronx Zoo. I realize this is disjointed, but I'm crying over baseball while brainstorming.
L&B Spumoni Gardens is excellent pizza, but it's pretty deep into Brooklyn. Coney Island is definitely worth seeing if you're going out to Brooklyn. You don't ever need to leave Manhattan, but there's plenty of great stuff to do in the other boroughs.

Thanks mate very helpful. Why are you guys struggling to find the AJ1 Blue? I'd honestly love to help you all out but your airlines are killing me with baggage allowance between states would cost so much.

Orlando sucks unless you're going to the amusement parks and even then I'd just do a day or two. Maybe you should do a fee days in San Diego.

When I went to Sydney one of the people I met out there was going to Hawaii, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Bahamas and another place in Europe I can't remember then back to Au. Living must be great out there.
Average wage over here is pretty great, especially in my city where currently there is a mining boom up north from the main city in my state. Blokes are getting 90-100k a year to just clean.

Back
Top Bottom