back in the go-go :: wale - bun b - pusha t - tre (ucb)

The debate of the century!!! I wonder if anyone has ever asked him that in an interview?

*goes to get her google on*

Hmmm, that could be a new Nelly song.

"DROP DOWN AND GET YOUR GOOGLE ON GIRL!!!!!!"

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

*goes to get her google on*

Hmmm, that could be a new Nelly song.

"DROP DOWN AND GET YOUR GOOGLE ON GIRL!!!!!!"

BLACKSUPES.jpg

lol

to be honest......im hoping to see more from his album...
i never noticed until i heard people criticsm.....but the more i hear him on tracks the more repatative he sounds.
it seems like when it comes to certain songs it either gonna be a hit or its gonna be a miss....
like the roots single...ive been listen to the roots since i was in middle school....but that single theyre dropping..im not really feeling at all. Blackthought went hard but Wale's verse did not entertain me what so ever...i was like is that it by the end of it..but its whatever..

i really like dude...just for what he brings....he's whats the games been missing right now....

im just hoping he's doesn't end up like a cassidy type artist.....

but who am i to talk..

where by 3 albums in we realize its the same stuff and you just gonna fall in the catagory of he aighttt...

Originally Posted by JordanFiend85

all my white friends are digging Wale... and not your typical backpacker types.

Just sayin.

What does the color of there skin have to do with anything? Like its some shocker to you that some white kids listen to hip hop/rap.

Just pointing out that WALE has fans in places you wouldnt expect. Breaking the marget down by demographics. I dont think WALE's core fane base is whitecollege kids.

You can breathe now and untighten your face.

His fans are all in the area.....its not like the guy is some secret or anything. Im not sure why you WOULDNT expect to find fans like that. Look at LilWayne....some of the biggest Lil Wayne fans I know are frat boys in Charleston South Carolina.

yeah but these guys are not from this area thus being my point.

LOL, funny you should mention the Wayne thing, My old girl used to co to Clemson, not Charleston but same difference, and all the white frat boys jockedWayne hard. But wayne is a national artist who has national appeal. Wale not so much.

Clemson is about as white as it gets, youd be shocked to know how much white people love Wayne, people you would NEVER expect.

When I was in High School I had that one CCB CD, and Im the LAST person you would think would have that, music here transends race.

Just sayin.

And what you are saying is EXACTLY why he was used (no offense, or "tagged on too" of you perfer) to the Interscope deal with Ronson, which wason the table for a while from what I was told.

There is no secret to it -- you want to go even go GOLD now as a "rapper" you need:

(1) Black folks approval/credibility
(2) Enough crossover appeal and hit records for white folks to like you

The feeling is that he potentially has both. Thus, the "deal."

You can't have one or the other and be a success. Thus, the new "ringtone rappers" phrase these days.

DeVaughn was nominated for a grammy this time around. A grammy. And no matter how much you want to say "Jive Sucks," he is touring mad now andstill sitting at under 200,000 sold. That's crazy, but the reality.

There is no "real" emcees going double plat. anymore. You only selling records if you fit that checklist fully -- especially as a new"rap" artist.

I personally can't see why anyone who believes in their music would sign to a major. As a independent, you got enough peoplemaking money off you. If you smart, you'd be one of the first to get a iTunes deal going. But, with a major now, you starting off in the red... DEEPred... no matter the advance. Bad Boy (minus cash cow B.I.G. of course) should be everyone's reference to use, no matter your lack of knowledge of themusic business. Signing with a major is so 80s - 90s to any new artist looking at their bank account everyday more than their "fame."

Either way, we'll see how long the "Go-Go boy" (as Rolling Stone called him) and "Leader of Streetwear" (a blogger wrote on XXLmag.com)will hold up.

But, last I knew, dude is not a huge fan or historian of Go-Go, and Sneakerman Dan, respectfully, should get full credit (or at least full recognition) for dude's "streetwear style" for real.

However, he benefits from both fully as a "leader." Thank the internet once again. Reality v. E-ality.

Approval (we NT folks know as a "co-sign") from Bun and Just Blaze will last him a bit doe. And I predict he'll be just fine as long as he keepsan open mind.

[Chappelle Show] "And that's real..."

Not "hate."

yeah but these guys are not from this area thus being my point.

LOL, funny you should mention the Wayne thing, My old girl used to co to Clemson, not Charleston but same difference, and all the white frat boys jocked Wayne hard. But wayne is a national artist who has national appeal. Wale not so much.
Sounds like there are a lot of white frat boys with bad hearing and/or bad music taste by their love of Lil Wayne
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Just sayin.

And what you are saying is EXACTLY why he was used (no offense, or "tagged on too" of you perfer) to the Interscope deal with Ronson, which was on the table for a while from what I was told.

There is no secret to it -- you want to go even go GOLD now as a "rapper" you need:

(1) Black folks approval/credibility
(2) Enough crossover appeal and hit records for white folks to like you

The feeling is that he potentially has both. Thus, the "deal."

You can't have one or the other and be a success. Thus, the new "ringtone rappers" phrase these days.

DeVaughn was nominated for a grammy this time around. A grammy. And no matter how much you want to say "Jive Sucks," he is touring mad now and still sitting at under 200,000 sold. That's crazy, but the reality.

There is no "real" emcees going double plat. anymore. You only selling records if you fit that checklist fully -- especially as a new "rap" artist.

I personally can't see why anyone who believes in their music would sign to a major. As a independent, you got enough people making money off you. If you smart, you'd be one of the first to get a iTunes deal going. But, with a major now, you starting off in the red... DEEP red... no matter the advance. Bad Boy (minus cash cow B.I.G. of course) should be everyone's reference to use, no matter your lack of knowledge of the music business. Signing with a major is so 80s - 90s to any new artist looking at their bank account everyday more than their "fame."

Either way, we'll see how long the "Go-Go boy" (as Rolling Stone called him) and "Leader of Streetwear" (a blogger wrote on XXLmag.com) will hold up.

But, last I knew, dude is not a huge fan or historian of Go-Go, and Sneakerman Dan, respectfully, should get full credit (or at least full recognition) for dude's "streetwear style" for real.

However, he benefits from both fully as a "leader." Thank the internet once again. Reality v. E-ality.

Approval (we NT folks know as a "co-sign") from Bun and Just Blaze will last him a bit doe. And I predict he'll be just fine as long as he keeps an open mind.

[Chappelle Show] "And that's real..."

Not "hate."

The way I see it, as long as Ronson continues to be in a position to make things happen in the industry and continues to look out for Wale then he should begood on the business front as far as being able to get the record made that he wants and distributed worldwide. The other part is simply whether people arefeeling it once it's released.

I was out with Bun last night ... he was here on campus yesterday ... But Mark's involvement is going to bring him a different sub-set of fans. I workedwith his sister (Sam) back when Kenny had he signed to Roc Music (end of Roc-a-fell) and her mix is cool and different. Hardcore rap and R&B cats respectthem and they have straight up rock roots with that mix of downtown hipster-ism going on ... Its a good look for him because we 'urban' consumersdon't buy the records ... its the kids in the burbs ... but if we support our folks its all good and even better

Back
Top Bottom