Banksy's Back In NYC

20180314_182931.jpg 20180314_182944.jpg

14th Street and 6th Ave

if you see a kiosk with someone selling canvases you might want to pick one up
the last time he was there he had someone selling them for like $50, most people thought they were fakes
but they were real originals worth a lot more

Anything to do with elephants, rats, social themes would be his works. Doubt he does it again but keep an eye out NYC peeps.

I know a lot of graf writers hate Banksy but his work is dope. I think the key here is to separate what he does from graffiti. A lot of Banksy fans might rock with his work but **** on graffiti, I’m against that. Both are valid art forms imo. You also have a lot of legit Graf writers getting into the street art game and also the fashion game (ie KAWS).

Who cares. There are plenty of actual writers that risk a lot to get up every day that are under appreciated yet help make NY what it is.

The general public loves that stencil or wheatpaste **** but will look down on throwys and tags. Smhhhh

Banksy hit a clock. Ok. Meanwhile females are bombing hard, OGs have come back to the game and the young kids are smashing ****. Look around.

if you see a kiosk with someone selling canvases you might want to pick one up
the last time he was there he had someone selling them for like $50, most people thought they were fakes
but they were real originals worth a lot more

I remember that. I don’t know if he would do that again. Also, you might have clever people try to replicate his work in a convincing manner to make some money. The last time he was in NYC, I wasn’t on IG so I missed most of his work. I did see that HBO Special documentary tho and he still has a piece that’s relatively in tact in the Upper West Side (“Hammer Boy”).

Who cares. There are plenty of actual writers that risk a lot to get up every day that are under appreciated yet help make NY what it is.

The general public loves that stencil or wheatpaste **** but will look down on throwys and tags. Smhhhh

Banksy hit a clock. Ok. Meanwhile females are bombing hard, OGs have come back to the game and the young kids are smashing ****. Look around.

I’m from NYC, I grew up dabbling in graf, grew up with legit writers as friends and some of my relatives did graf too. I love graffiti, to this day. But I also appreciate some of the stuff I’m seeing in Street art as well. And you have legit writers who have dipped their toes in that world as well like Giz, dude was and still is a prolific bomber.

Giz is real and deserves to be respected.
He's a legend...but the average Joe would look down on his tags and throwies and only appreciate the colorful, legal, commssioned stuff he does. It kills me.

Without him risking his life and freedom, he doesn't get the look he does from the average Joe and they don't even care. Which is fine in our world but then ppl like banksy and a few others breathe softly and everybody goes crazy.

It especially kills me that a city with the best scene in the nation goes crazy for someone from England that does stencils.

Oker and renks are back (to ny) but that's not good enough? Hell, wanto came back. London and Japanese legends. Some of the most prolific writers in graffiti history. Kings of their respective cities and countries. Hell, continents. No exaggeration. But banksy is back and ppl go crazy. Smh.
Not to mention that writers like giz been doing it for decades. I don't wanna keep name dropping but ppl should look around.

Giz is real and deserves to be respected.
He's a legend...but the average Joe would look down on his tags and throwies and only appreciate the colorful, legal, commssioned stuff he does. It kills me.

Without him risking his life and freedom, he doesn't get the look he does from the average Joe and they don't even care. Which is fine in our world but then ppl like banksy and a few others breathe softly and everybody goes crazy.

It especially kills me that a city with the best scene in the nation goes crazy for someone from England that does stencils.

Oker and renks are back (to ny) but that's not good enough? Hell, wanto came back. London and Japanese legends. Some of the most prolific writers in graffiti history. Kings of their respective cities and countries. Hell, continents. No exaggeration. But banksy is back and ppl go crazy. Smh.
Not to mention that writers like giz been doing it for decades. I don't wanna keep name dropping but ppl should look around.

I feel you, but you know how the general public is.

Randoms just follow whatever the wave is.

Back
Top Bottom