Banksy's Back In NYC

Giz is real and deserves to be respected.
He's a legend...but the average Joe would look down on his tags and throwies and only appreciate the colorful, legal, commssioned stuff he does. It kills me.

Without him risking his life and freedom, he doesn't get the look he does from the average Joe and they don't even care. Which is fine in our world but then ppl like banksy and a few others breathe softly and everybody goes crazy.

It especially kills me that a city with the best scene in the nation goes crazy for someone from England that does stencils.

Oker and renks are back (to ny) but that's not good enough? Hell, wanto came back. London and Japanese legends. Some of the most prolific writers in graffiti history. Kings of their respective cities and countries. Hell, continents. No exaggeration. But banksy is back and ppl go crazy. Smh.
Not to mention that writers like giz been doing it for decades. I don't wanna keep name dropping but ppl should look around.

Can you explain this more? I looked up Giz and Oker and while their stuff is cool, I still happen to think Banksy stuff is usually more clever / artistic.

I've yet to see an authentic banksy

If you're in NYC, there are two here atm. This recent one as well as "Hammer Boy" on the Upper West Side which was preserved from his last time in NYC.

20180202_173746.jpg

So? My cousin was back in NYC last month. Where's his shine?

Seen much better artists, taggers, writers etc.

Stopped by an hour ago. This is actually a legal wall, new pieces are always going up at this particular spot. It's a block away from the First Street Park, there are alwaya new pieces going up there by street artists and graf writers as well. I saw Large Pro, Easy Mo Bee and Rahzel over there last summer during some of the graf events.

20180316_180313.jpg 20180316_175916.jpg 20180316_175859.jpg

Stopped by an hour ago. This is actually a legal wall, new pieces are always going up at this particular spot. It's a block away from the First Street Park, there are alwaya new pieces going up there by street artists and graf writers as well. I saw Large Pro, Easy Mo Bee and Rahzel over there last summer during some of the graf events.

20180316_180313.jpg 20180316_175916.jpg 20180316_175859.jpg
Do you have the address to where this is? I’m gonna try to go tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom