Banksy's Back In NYC

More pieces are popping up on IG but they haven't been confirmed as Banksy just yet. Going to try to peep at least one tomorrow.

Was running around the city today and this was conveniently on my way back from where I was coming from..I didn't know what part of E Houston it was on..but as I turned on the street there were mad hipsters taking pics and I was thinking this has to be it..I'll checkout the rat one later

F83318AD-D36B-4851-9D0E-9FD5ED82D6E7.jpeg
CC39251A-675E-4E03-A7EE-DD9C4746238F.jpeg
7F95B9FF-8D49-431E-9F3F-08DEA8285962.jpeg

Was all over the place yesterday and I made some stops where possible Banksy pieces have been spotted. These haven't been confirmed as of yet. This first one is in Spanish Harlem at E 110th Street and 2nd Ave. I got there before Cope 2 (or somebody posing as Cope 2) did a throwie underneath the words

20180317_084125.jpg

These next two are both at an abandoned gas station in Midwood, Brooklyn at Coney Island Avenue and Avenue I. Both have been tagged by now, luckily I got there before they really started tagging them.

20180317_154324.jpg 20180317_154213.jpg

As of now, these haven't been confirmed as Banksy, could just be imitators.

Was all over the place yesterday and I made some stops where possible Banksy pieces have been spotted. These haven't been confirmed as of yet. This first one is in Spanish Harlem at E 110th Street and 2nd Ave. I got there before Cope 2 (or somebody posing as Cope 2) did a throwie underneath the words

20180317_084125.jpg

These next two are both at an abandoned gas station in Midwood, Brooklyn at Coney Island Avenue and Avenue I. Both have been tagged by now, luckily I got there before they really started tagging them.

pretty lame if someone biting his style

20180317_084125.jpg

first one doesn't look like banksy imo, second one is confirmed. third one looks like bansky.

I'm gonna guess those other ones are not banksy

He confirmed the Seventh Seal looking one (the second one). The seal is located in the same vacant gas station so it might be his as well.

The Spanish Harlem one looks like his style too. I know he takes his time confirming his pieces. The hunt continues.

Banksys fame is a slap in the face to real writers and hiphop culture in general.
that's the thing though...banksy might be famous but only the artwork.
the man isn't famous at all.

Rat Race Clock was taken down. Whoever owns that building is probably flipping that. Wonder how much it's going to sell for...

Can you explain this more? I looked up Giz and Oker and while their stuff is cool, I still happen to think Banksy stuff is usually more clever / artistic.
what your opinion is based on is highly subjective.

if you're not into actual graffiti and if you don't understand bombing then you're not going to really "get" what i'm saying and so you would be more likely to rock with somebody like a banksy or jerk faces (or whatever he calls himself -dude that does the all over print characters we all grew up with).

as far as more clever? you'd have to know certain situations to understand the cleverness behind certain spots or certain beefs or whatever.

giz vs kez5 was pretty clever. pear vs kez 5 was/is pretty clever, for example. oker is a king in london so just kinging london and being up in random parts of europe and in ny and being down with some of the illest crews to ever do it is clever in and of itself IMHO.

JA, les, colo, etc. are clever. i could go on.

Last edited:
i already explained why in this thread.
that's the thing though...banksy might be famous but only the artwork.
the man isn't famous at all.
that doesn't make his point invalid.
and if he were identified, the allure might be gone for someone like him but he would be famous. his name and his work are famous which is the same for a lot of actual writers.

Back
Top Bottom