Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens...do they get put in the HOF?

I have had this argument time and time again; I can't stand either one but baseball let it happen so I don't see how you can keep them out of the hall being the two most dominant players of their era's
it seems the majority says no

barry has to be a lock. someone drop some knowledge if I'm wrong but was it ever proven that barry did steroids or is it speculation

they will, but imo they shouldnt

if bigmac doesnt get a sniff, they shouldnt either

either all those in the era get recognized or none...

I've honestly never understood the rationale behind keeping people out of the Hall of Fame for taking a substance that wasn't banned by the league at the time.

They should be in. The two best players in the league during their times.

Should be a lock IMO.

Rocket sure. No to Bonds, I'd revoke his HR title while I'm at it.

No, cause baseball culture is permeated by archaic primitive blowhards who romanticize the sanctity of the game.
Personally, I just don't really care about the PED issue cause you really don't know who did and who didn't so its unfair imo to punish some guys who like Bonds and Clemens who were HOF guys before they took anything and then go and reward other guys who escaped the aura of PED's despite doing them.

But Clemens/Bonds are both horrible guys so I can't really say I feel bad about them missing it all though they were prolly both the best players in their respective domains for their generation.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I've honestly never understood the rationale behind keeping people out of the Hall of Fame for taking a substance that wasn't banned by the league at the time.

Agree with putting the whole era in. People know 'what happened' and realize why so many records fell. That said talents like Bonds have to be in there since he was in his way (if not in) by the time 2000 rolled around

If they do, (which they should) it won't be without an asterisk. Just the way this era is now.

bonds was gonna be a hof before he roided up
clemens going thru all that legal mess

thing is whether guys like sosa, palmeiro, mcgwire

Originally Posted by dmxfury

And huge, anything illegal by US law is illegal in baseball

I always get a kick out of people saying it wasn't banned in MLB
laugh.gif

Steroids don't give you the hand-eye coordination and batting eye that Bonds had, he should be in no doubt about it. Chances are it'll take him a couple of tries to get in though.

Bonds no, once he started juicing he was a completely different player.

Clemens was always an animal so yes.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Bonds no, once he started juicing he was a completely different player.

Clemens was always an animal so yes.

laugh.gif
roger needed it to prolong his career

u know when all these hgh/roid users like clemens, bonds, manny, palmiero, mc guire, arod get in the hof? when it gets revealed that there are ppl already in the hof who used PEDs.

mlb has a list of 100 players who used hgh/roids and have yet to release it. would love to look at that list.

Back
Top Bottom