Baseball GLOVES and other Baseball/Softball gear

Hoping that there is enough interest for this topic to keep some interaction going. I've had a couple of decent gloves for a while (and some ancient ones from my youth), but have gotten into the good stuff a lot more recently, as much or more than I have in sneakers recently. This includes Rawlings Heart of the Hide and Pro Preferred, Wilson A2000 and A2K, Nokona, SSK, Mizuno, 44, Nike or whatever you may like.

Please feel free to post your own gear, collection, info on new stuff coming out, or stuff you're searching for, cool customs, or stuff you see on Pros or other players.

With that in mind, here's my most recent purchase: a Wilson a2000 1786 made in collaboration with Polo Ralph Lauren a couple of years ago. The shell is a tumbled steerhide, which has a slightly more broken-in feel (softer) than your standard A2000. The most intoxicating leather smell I've ever gotten from a new glove. Fantastic.

ab385fb4-e41e-489b-9be5-7497af18318c-jpeg.2624116

f697db87-b460-4192-aef1-1dc7b6c4f194-jpeg.2624117

7cb28c05-5e49-4658-96b0-1f79ce38638d-jpeg.2624120

Used to always play around customizing a Rawlings glove back in the day, like nike ID. Ended up making one with my name and flag on it, gotta dig it up.

Always liked Pedro's gloves. Met a dude in Florida that had his signed glove from the 04 WS. Think his dad knew Pedro's agent or trainer or something like that. Dude had mad memorobilia. Wont lie, i was jealous since Pedro is one of my favorite players all time.

This joint so 🔥
51476775_original.jpg

And i always shifted fingers down 1 slot, index in the middle finger slot, middle in ring finger and ring and pinky in the last slot. Always felt more comfortable.

Man I'd give anything to have my last glove from before I stopped playing ball. Was a Rawlings Heart of the Hide joint very close to the one brian8598 brian8598 posted but with grey/silver lacing. Don't really know what happened to it after I shifted focus from baseball. :smh:

Used to always play around customizing a Rawlings glove back in the day, like nike ID. Ended up making one with my name and flag on it, gotta dig it up.

Always liked Pedro's gloves. Met a dude in Florida that had his signed glove from the 04 WS. Think his dad knew Pedro's agent or trainer or something like that. Dude had mad memorobilia. Wont lie, i was jealous since Pedro is one of my favorite players all time.

This joint so 🔥
51476775_original.jpg

And i always shifted fingers down 1 slot, index in the middle finger slot, middle in ring finger and ring and pinky in the last slot. Always felt more comfortable.

I used the Pedro glove all through HS - was just cleaning through stuff the other day and came across it. Wish I would’ve taken a pic...

Found this on Google, but this is the one I had -
10DDD285-9B54-4EA5-BDE1-3998C458E332.jpeg

When I was younger I had the Jeter Heart of the Hide, I’m sure my parents have it somewhere still at their place. Jeter was my MJ...
0089B891-96EA-489B-AE24-343F4793ABB4.jpeg

That 11.5in was perfect for me as a SS/pitcher.

My current 2 i use are an A2000 KP92 & Pro Preferred PROS17ICBR

Ive always been a rawlings guy but ive also had Nike, Akadema, and Easton.

My best one was a 12.75 heart of the hide trapeze back in high school 🔥🔥

My current 2 i use are an A2000 KP92 & Pro Preferred PROS17ICBR

Ive always been a rawlings guy but ive also had Nike, Akadema, and Easton.

My best one was a 12.75 heart of the hide trapeze back in high school 🔥🔥
Nice, you still play? Pro league?

My uncle got me an A2000 when I was in HS. Loved it.

Damn, I miss playing catch or throwing a baseball. Hope my shoulder can handle playing catch when my son is of age.

Man I wish, had a foot in the door after my freshman yr but didnt pan out.

Just a mens league now
All good, man. At least you still that opportunity to play in a league!

I can't because of my shoulder. :frown:

This is really what got me back into gloves, thinking about starting to collect Cubs-related gear, and is the model that I’ve ended up liking the most: the Rawlings HOH ProKB17 (Kris Bryant model). I grabbed this all blue model first, and have since grabbed the all grey as well. I will be keeping an eye out for the right deal on the all red one as well, and others (at the right price).

1178AD17-0E30-4BA2-B177-DD39F3712522.jpeg

All good, man. At least you still that opportunity to play in a league!

I can't because of my shoulder. :frown:

What you do?

I played all these years and the biggest injury i had was a strained hammy at the end of fall conditioning my junior year college. Nothing that ever kept me out of a game or needed PT. I hit 30 and i feel like something is broken even year :lol:

A couple years ago in our playoffs i ran down a ball in the right center gap, dove and landed normal but my left arm like hyperextended up above usual height. It was like a dead arm for a bit then just sore afterwards. I couldnt play the field the last 2 games i could barely lift my arm at all. After a few weeks i went in to dr, eventually diagnosed tear in my rotator cuff.

Im right handed and pitched pretty much whole life of baseball occasionally and exclusively my senior yr of college never had a single injury to my arm. And now playing for fun i end up injuring my off arm, diving for a ball :stoneface: :smh:

What you do?

I played all these years and the biggest injury i had was a strained hammy at the end of fall conditioning my junior year college. Nothing that ever kept me out of a game or needed PT. I hit 30 and i feel like something is broken even year :lol:

A couple years ago in our playoffs i ran down a ball in the right center gap, dove and landed normal but my left arm like hyperextended up above usual height. It was like a dead arm for a bit then just sore afterwards. I couldnt play the field the last 2 games i could barely lift my arm at all. After a few weeks i went in to dr, eventually diagnosed tear in my rotator cuff.

Im right handed and pitched pretty much whole life of baseball occasionally and exclusively my senior yr of college never had a single injury to my arm. And now playing for fun i end up injuring my off arm, diving for a ball :stoneface: :smh:
I separated my right shoulder in travel ball and then tore my labrum in HS.

When the first dislocated my shoulder, I went to PT and conditioning got my arm to feeling 100% and was able to pitch. But when I tore my labrum in high school my senior year, that pretty much killed any chance of me playing at a local JC. Had surgery, went through PT, but I no longer had the zip in my throws. When I try to throw hard, I always get a sharp pain in the front side of my shoulder.

Doctor's said my labrum healed correctly, but to this day, I can't throw hard. Heck, I can't even throw a football past 15 yards without feeling pain.

Sucks so much.

Played Mens League/Coed Softball HEAVY From 2011-2015. Legit 5 Nights A Week, And Usually Subbing On Weekends :lol:

Combination Of Some Personal Issues And Messing Up My Foot In 2015 And My Play Fell Off A Cliff :lol:

Sat Out Three Years And Oddly Played In A Social League In 2018 And Had A Ball.

Hope To Maybe Play Again Next Year.

Nice blue Rawlings with red lacing for Edinson Volquez today, and those baby blue Rangers uniforms are nice!

EC5DC1E6-3937-4A0E-A8AC-4045704EAC2B.jpeg

Carlos Carrasco with a nice custom A2000 today starting against my Cubbies. I really like when they switch it up and embroider the branding instead of doing the patches

6FD90880-13B3-475B-95BA-B943D15C2D2E.jpeg

Got a good deal on this beauty, Wilson A2K Datdude, because it needed the top of the web re-laced. Beautiful, and my only A2K.

EDE410C7-85C1-4459-B43F-20D05043AE91.jpeg

DE9924D7-05ED-4B3A-8FBE-18EF7499C905.jpeg

69624A32-F320-48DD-AA73-D9EE79724ACB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom