"Battle Of The Bands" Rock Band Vs. Guitar Hero

I personally own Rock Band for PS3 and I've played Guitar Hero III for 360. Overall I like Rock Band better. They have some of the same songs between thetwo games, but having a drum set is where its at.

I've played both, but I'm going with GH3 since I'm used to playing it and I hate singing. The drums are cool, but they get real tough on the hardersongs.

Guitar Hero III is much better for single player.

Rock Band is esentially a party game.

Rock Band is also much easier than GHIII.

Those 2 games are in 2 completely different categories, if you are going to compare them overall.

HENCE THE NAMES OF THE GAMES? rockBAND or GUITARhero?

Originally Posted by osubass1

Guitar Hero III is much better for single player.

Rock Band is esentially a party game.

Rock Band is also much easier than GHIII.
this is exactly right..

GHIII is preferable if you're doing single player and want more of a challenge.

RB is preferable if you're doing a lot of multiplayer.

They aren't exactly in two different "categories". Rock Band and Guitar Hero are bascially the same game just with Drums and Mic. I hate howpeople act like the games are on another level when trying to compare them.

Only think I'll take away from Rock Band is that it doesn't have a Co-Op story mode. Other than that, I would say its better

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Only think I'll take away from Rock Band is that it doesn't have a Co-Op story mode. Other than that, I would say its better

multi-player world tour

Originally Posted by nnarum

GH3 FTW! I like it over RB. Even without drums...

pimp.gif

i don't like how the world tour thing is set up on rock band, i hate the fact that i've played songs i've already played 4 times because of thosestupid set lists or whatever

Guitar Playing: GH3
Gameplay: RB
Drums: RB
Singing: RB
Playing with someone else: RB
pretty much everything else: RB

i've played GH III and i watched some friends play Rockband last night, i was too zooted to play... hilarious, it was like i was at a concert
roll.gif
plus had i picked up that mic or an instrument in the condition i was in, allhell would have broke loose...
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

i'd say rockband is better... more advanced game.

the drum set is sick as hell

most of the people who think Rock Band is better keep talking about the drum set.

i play drums, so it's hard me to think that their poor execution of playing the drums is cool/fun.

i don't play guitar, so, GHIII is the closest i'll ever get.

Rockband definitely. I always stay on the mic, I can imitate any song with ease.

I got 92% on Medium on that Flyleaf joint on the first try, and I had never even heard the song/heard of FLyleaf before
laugh.gif

Also if they ever come out with any more Smashing Pumpkins songs it's OVER.

Back
Top Bottom