Battle of the Eras

In life you have to choose sides. Some would say JB had two seperate golden eras III-VI and XI-XIV. IMO the XI-XIV was the JB renaissance. Please weigh in,I wanna know where NT stands on this.

I'd have to go with III-VI. There's too many classics in that bracket. III is definitely the benchmark for JB. I love the XI XII XIII even XIV howeverif Mars & Money set the precedent in the sneaker craze. Tinker was phenomenal with the III

Very tough, but I would go with XI-XIV

XI and XII are just too solid.

Also, just a heads up, I think this may be a taboo thread.

Also, just a heads up, I think this may be a taboo thread.
Ya know, I was worried about this falling into that whole comparison Taboo but oh well - I thought it was interesting. If I'm wrong, sorryMods for creating extra work.

Originally Posted by representing916

I'd have to go with III-VI. There's too many classics in that bracket. III is definitely the benchmark for JB. I love the XI XII XIII even XIV
AGREE WITH YOU

You're right though, the shoes in both separate categories have distinct characteristics that cooresponded with MJs career at the time. I-VIII had a morecartoony, youthful quality to them with more splashes of color. XI-XIV had a more mature, polished feel to them. IX and X are weaker designs IMO and areobscure because of Jordan's retirement at the time.

XI-XIV wins for me.

i'll go with 3-6 myself. IMO 3 is better than any 11-14, and 4 and 5 are too prolly, only 11 can compete with any of those IMO. Not to downplay the 6 (andeven 7 and
glasses.gif
I think 6 also beats 13 and 14 fairly easily. Yeah, definitely 3-6.

I think that 1-6 was a huge era, 3-6 doesn't incorporate the begining of the legacy, the Air Jordan 1 sold in ridiculous amounts in 1985, even if Michaelwasn't a huge fan, but I will also say 3-6

i dont even collect outside of III-VI
those shoes take me back to when i loved them as a kid, thats the only reason i collect, and i wear all my shoes too.

I personally love the design style of the XI and the XII but i know id never actually wear those shoes so thers not much point in me collecting

^^^agreed. Performace is the deal breaker for me. The earlier models were innovative and cool designs but they were better to rock then play in. Thats why Igotta go with XI-XIV. I just remember during mj's second comeback each shoe that came out was a sick desgn w/ great quality and performed well. Damn i missthose days. Plus mj's 2nd comeback came about during my teens so it was my formidable b-ball years and the height of my MJ dedication.

As much as I love the XI, XII, XIII, and not so much the XIV
laugh.gif
. To me unquestionably, the best era in answering your question was the III-VI.
pimp.gif

AJ3~Some of the greatest shoes ever made. Amazing colorways. Many of which are grail status to many.

AJ4~A wonderful set of shoes. Again, with amazing colorways. Who can resist a fresh pair of White and Cement or Black and Red AJ4's!? Not many...

AJ5~Probably my all time favorite. I loved these since I was a kid. The 3m tongue. The clear soles. The flames. Innovative colorways that were reminiscent ofthe 90's.

AJ6~MJ won his 1st NBA championship in these. Just an amazing design to these. I don't own any yet, but that will change very soon. All colorways were andstill are scorchers.

I would have to go with the III- VI's. There are just too many of my favorite J's in that group that the other eras cant touch. Like theblack/cement 3's, Original fire red 3's, both cement 4's, Grapes, sport blues, carmines, and both infrareds.
pimp.gif

well it depends on where you wore when these shoes dropped. i was a kid in the XI-XIV era so that has so mutch meaning to me. but from what ive heard the airjordan of the IIIs-VI's were huge if you had them on your feet.

No disrespect, sometimes in life you don't have any choice.
There's only one golden era, I-XX3. It's an era of the involvement of the greatest player who ever played for the game.
(Yeah, whatever to those who thinks Kobe is the greatest player with blablabla 81pts, 3 rings, BUT HAS NOT WON ANY REGULAR SEASON MVP AWARD).

The innovaton at the time for the III-VI and then later on with the XI, XIII, XIV models will carry the legacy for the brand from both a design standpoint to aperformance standpoint.....the newer models...i.e. xx, xx2, etc are also industry leaders from a performance / technology standpoint....say what you will aboutthe looks of them.....I do believe that if these models came out durring MJ's playing days we'd all feel differently about them......we are all quickto admit that any AJ looks better on court with a certain #23 wearing them.....

III thru VII. I believe this is the era that JB just pretty much changed everything. sick. these are the classic years, by far.

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

i dont even collect outside of III-VI
those shoes take me back to when i loved them as a kid, thats the only reason i collect, and i wear all my shoes too.

I agree, without the success of the III-VI, there would be no XI-XIV.

For me it's III-VI. I can remember spending hours in JC Penny, Kenny Shoes, and Castner Knots for hours handling all the colorways hoping that mom wouldnever finish trying on clothes. These shoes were nothing like anything that any other shoe company had come close to putting out.
Even though I complain about the quality of retros, I'm thankful that another generation along with myself are able enjoy them today.

Back
Top Bottom